"Get object failed for texture"

Users who are viewing this thread

Great_Duke

Grandmaster Knight
Okay, had this problem dozens of times before and it was always easy(if time consuming) to fix it. Usually it happened when importing anything into brf edit, the program automatically created a random material with "texture" assigned, and if you forgot to delete it you had the problem.

Now tough, I scavenged all the damm brfs in my mod and nothing.nada. everything is order. I also tought it could be a messed up material/texture order. no it ain't.

This is when frustation comes to play...  :???:

Searched through every mesh, material and texture and there is no "texture" reference. help?

But be a dumb idea, but im pretty stumped, so here goes. Do you think its talking about the textures folder in the mods folder? Is that exactly what the error says? If so, do you have an object called texture?

nope. I am (or better: I was till I searched everything throughly) quite sure that it's about a reference in a material tab to a .dds file named "texture" (it's automaticaly created sometimes when you load a new mesh). There's no such reference tough.

There's no file called "texture" if that's what you mean, and the textures folder is working very well.

Ive never seen a get object failed. Ive had material problems, but they always said "attempt to reregister material ...... failed" Do you have problems when compiling your mod?

No, this a very common error. It happens when loading the game. Like I said, it's usually about something referenced in a brf that doesn't exist. In this case "texture". the issue being that after a mind boggling search I can't find such reference.

Perhaps in your sourc, you have an item named texture, or something like that. Do you get this error when starting your mod, or compiling?

one of the texture names in your meshes is not defined in the materials or textures brf. so its looking to load a texture that doesn't exist. maw

nope. if that was the case I would have easily found it since the mesh in brf edit would be...funky.

Have you made sure that all the textures are square and the resolution is a multiple of 2? (clutching at straws here:razz:)

off course. Man this is bugging me..I'm hoping thorgrim will get online and help out before I lose my mind.and if this error is something stupid and simple, I will shoot myself in the right foot  :???:

Im getting this error now too. I jsut added a new texture an material to my mod, and now this is popping up. I have my flags set on both my material and texture, I have a shader, and theres not an undefinded texture. Guspavs trying to help me figure it out. If he does, ill tell you what the solution is.

I managed to solve thr problem( actually DJNad did  :lol: ). somehow, a few of the settings on one of the materials blanked out, and that was causing the problem.

Okay, had this problem dozens of times before and it was always easy(if time consuming) to fix it. Usually it happened when importing anything into brf edit, the program automatically created a random material with "texture" assigned, and if you forgot to delete it you had the problem.

Now tough, I scavenged all the damm brfs in my mod and nothing.nada. everything is order. I also tought it could be a messed up material/texture order. no it ain't.

This is when frustation comes to play... :???:

Searched through every mesh, material and texture and there is no "texture" reference. help?
Sir please tell me how to fix this problem I am a noon

Back
Top Bottom