Get Object Failed for texture >Error<

Users who are viewing this thread

ijzzBloc

Squire
Hey,

I tried adding a new item into a copy of native mod folder. However i get stuck on launch up. It give me an error called: get_object_failed for texture: Helmets_Norman_Yellow.dds

Now i suspect this has something to do that the game cant find the texture.
However i am sure the BRF file's are all fine and dandy.

I have 3 BRF file's in my resource folder:

Norman_Knights_Items
Norman_Knights_Materials
Norman_Knights_Textures

In the Items BRF file i have a mesh called:
Helmets_Norman_Yellow and it is assigned to the material: Helmets_Norman_Yellow and the material is diffused with: Helmets_Norman_Yellow.dds

In the mod's Texture map there is a .dds file located called: Helmets_Norman_Yellow.dds

In the Materials BRF file i have a material called:  Helmets_Norman_Yellow
And in the Textures BRF file i have a texture called: Helmets_Norman_Yellow.dds

I checked the Mesh, Material and texture for any blank field or if its assigned to the wrong texture/material.
It is all correct. The mesh shows up with the correct texture in the BRF editor. But when i start my mod i get the get object failed for texture error during the INI scan process. And yes i set the module.ini to load all 3 BRF file's.

Does anyone of you have a possible solution to this problem i tried anything i could think off.

Regards,

ijzzBloc

Did you define in module_ini that M&B loads the textures in the mod folder?

Just a shot, but did you set the trigger to use the module's textures in the module.ini file?

Open your module.ini and look for this part.  It should look like this one.

Code:
# Change this to 1 if you want to load 
# textures from Modules/<Module_Dir>/Textures/

scan_module_textures = 1
scan_module_sounds = 0

Ok, I wasn't insulting your intelligence, it's just years of End User support leads me to check the simplest solutions first. 

I would try a process of elimination myself. 

I would take out one of them from the .ini file.  For instance comment out your "Norman_Knights_Items" and see if it will process the other two BRF files.  This will tell you if it's the BRF, or the setup of the brf, etc.  I don't know, I have only done limited work on BRF's myself, but that is the path I would follow.  You may find that it doesn't process any of them correctly, then it may be where you have them in the entered in the .ini file. 

Okay so i figured out the problem. The Mod doesn't read the texture. However i set the scan module_textures to 1 so i have no idea how to fix this.

I would go through and change the name of the texture, and all references to it in BRFEdit.

Say, add a one to them all like this:
Helmets_Norman_Yellow1.dds
Helmets_Norman_Yellow1, etc,.

Then if you still get the error, you'll know problem is somewhere else.

you can get those errors if you have duplicates.

you need to check and make sure you didnt store and extra one of those textures in your other BRF.

furthermore, if you have originally placed those BRF's or textures in the native folder, then obviously they would be a duplicated entry and need to be omitted.

Llew2 said:
I would go through and change the name of the texture, and all references to it in BRFEdit.

Say, add a one to them all like this:
Helmets_Norman_Yellow1.dds
Helmets_Norman_Yellow1, etc,.

Then if you still get the error, you'll know problem is somewhere else.

Surprisingly it actually worked. Thanks for the help.

That worked for me to. I know its a cold topic but:

After renaming textures I still got that error, but without displayed texture name.

Solution:
DO NOT leave any empty spaces. Make sure to fill every empty field with 'none'.

Back
Top Bottom