Get it sorted TaleWorlds

Users who are viewing this thread

Albion

Recruit
Dear TaleWorlds,

I have loved almost everything you have made but this game falls into the UNFINISHED and SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RELEASED YET category that you expect from the "big" players in this line of work. Fire and Sword is WASTING MY TIME.

The excellent game that was Warband has been bent somewhat especially by the LOUSY pathfinding during sieges. Men stand at the top of ladders getting the **** shot out of them like spare dicks at a wedding. They won`t respond to any order - even "retreat". Also the story lines are hard to follow or even get started, and to progress in  them is very hard.

It doesn`t matter how much money, renown, fame, or BANANAS I have I can`t get any of the factions to take me on a a vassel etc.

I have now spent many many hours wandering around wondering what the hell I`m supposed to do next. The "manual" is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I have doubt that some spotty 15 year old will jump up now and tell me `it`s easy man - you just do A B and C`. Well it bloody isn`t so SORT IT OUT. And don`t release a part-finished product on your loving audience EVER AGAIN.

Thank you.

Albion said:
Dear TaleWorlds,

I have loved almost everything you have made but this game falls into the UNFINISHED and SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RELEASED YET category that you expect from the "big" players in this line of work. Fire and Sword is WASTING MY TIME.

The excellent game that was Warband has been bent somewhat especially by the LOUSY pathfinding during sieges. Men stand at the top of ladders getting the **** shot out of them like spare dicks at a wedding. They won`t respond to any order - even "retreat". Also the story lines are hard to follow or even get started, and to progress in  them is very hard.

It doesn`t matter how much money, renown, fame, or BANANAS I have I can`t get any of the factions to take me on a a vassel etc.

I have now spent many many hours wandering around wondering what the hell I`m supposed to do next. The "manual" is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I have doubt that some spotty 15 year old will jump up now and tell me `it`s easy man - you just do A B and C`. Well it bloody isn`t so SORT IT OUT. And don`t release a part-finished product on your loving audience EVER AGAIN.

Thank you.

I'm going to tell you that you are justified in your complaints.  It's being dealt with. 

The pathfinding during sieges is a problem with the way the path guides are laid out on those maps, and you're right - it should have never gone to retail this way. 

That being said, it was and we can't do much about that.  What we can do is fix it, and that's underway.

I know you said not to tell you how to get around it, but I'd suggest investing in an aide with engineering.

The only reason I'm patient with these guys is because they're a small unit.  If it were EA or one of the other myriads of corporate software houses, I'd be ruthless.  But yeah, there's more they could have done prior to release.

Gerin said:
The only reason I'm patient with these guys is because they're a small unit.  If it were EA or one of the other myriads of corporate software houses, I'd be ruthless.  But yeah, there's more they could have done prior to release.
Ruthless? Just what could you do about it?

Adijazz1706 said:
Gerin said:

He must get  "ruthless" a lot because some of the crap EA churns out is worse then this.

Adijazz1706 said:
Gerin said:

Complain on various internet forums.

SunofVich said:
Adijazz1706 said:
Gerin said:

He must get  "ruthless" a lot because some of the crap EA churns out is worse then this.

I don't buy EA titles because of that. 

Many thanks for your feedback nox.

If you release the module system, some of us who know programming can help fix some of your bugs for you.

QWW said:
Cruger said:
Rewjeo said:
Taleworlds didn't make this.

Yea they did.

Well, sort of, this Russian Company made the original then TaleWorlds re-made it with the Warband engine. That's what I made out from it anyway.
Tale worlds didn't remake it.
Sich made WFaS for mb, than moved it to warband engine. In one of the interviews from Taleworlds they said that they only reviewed builds and provided support. You can also check credits and see that there are only 3 names listed under Taleworlds.
TaleWorlds Entertainment (Ankara)
Producer - Mika’il Yazbeck
Programming
Armagan Yavuz
Cem Çimenbiçer

Sich is Ukrainian.

My memory may be buggy but I seem to remember that most indie games and previous games from taleworlds were buggy.  I am personally enjoying this game a lot for what it is.  I am all for supporting modders making money from their work and becoming real developers.  Even if this game is only a 7 out of ten it is a fun and specific seven.  Personally I agree generally with the gamespot review, not perfect but it has personality and its different from previous releases.

Lol they are awesome, just blow up walls and storm in.

Btw why would city want water supply? They just get poisonned and thats it

Well, just got stuffed over again. LOSE everything, DO NOT pass "GO"; DO NOT collect £200. I feel I`m getting nowhere slowly with this game, so time to pack it in.

Unless you have MASSES of time or cheat like a scumbag, I don`t see how anyone can play this on any level other than really easy and even then it shafts you left right and ****ing centre.

Off the hard drive you go.

Shame really. So much promise.

Back
Top Bottom