SP Musket Era GESIA Mod Pack 0.7

Users who are viewing this thread

gesia said:
I used your code, but for 4 caravans. I actually tried to reduce redundancy, but I didn't come up with anything useful.

If you're looking for another idea: I've always wanted to track the price for which the player buy items (goods, primarily) to calculate the profit upon sale. That way it would be possible to grant XP for trading, charge taxes and display whether that was profitable or not. But I haven't come up with an idea yet on how to do that. Didn't look into it very much though, I need to get this released before they crucify me. :wink:

Cool.  I've actually already figured out how to base renown upon profit/loss for caravans as well as display the actual profit that is made.  Regular trading might be a little too complicated for me right now.  I'll be posting it up in the forge in the next couple days.

Well, I was going to release it today, but I'm still having a small but persistent issue with PBOD. And now I just loaded the wrong backup, I just hope that this isn't from when I think it is...

I just want you to know, there are people who don't bother posting (me) who are very anxious for an update. :grin:

The mod is great but I have one little problem:

Why many polish cities have german names? (like “Warshau”) It looks terrible, It should be left original or English….

“Warsaw” or “Warszawa”

I have WFaS 1.143 and GESIA Mod Pack 0.7.1

But as I said – the mod is great and I’m looking forward for new versions  :smile:.

I’ve played some time and I have these comments:

1. I saw “Sturdy Cap of Monomakh” to buy for 40-50k, it increases your army size by 50 (!!!). Don’t you think that this bonus is too high and price for this enormous bonus is to low?

2. I’ve recruited some Tatar Mercenary Cavalryman’s and there are sooooo weak, weaker than in original WFaS (1.139 and 1.143). Even when their reached elite they have only 90 archery skill. Why so weak? Tatars were born with bow in their cradle, archery should be definitely their main skill and for the price (28 thaler for 1 elite Cavalryman) they’re just useless. I think that they should have at least 180-200 archery skill because of the playability and historical considerations.

In 0.8 version troop tree ordinary Tatar Calavry has 112 in bows, elite Tatar Cavalryman should has elite archery skill :smile:

3. Bayonets in XVII century? Sounds to me like sci-fi :smile:

4. Names of cities, castles and villages should remained original or english, as I wrote before.

And comments for 0.8 version troop tree:

1. Why Winged Hussar (veteran) has weaker polearms then ordinary Winged Hussar? I thought that veteran soldier should be better than ordinary soldier :smile:
2. Too weak archery skills for entire Tatars army (maybe increase archery skills of all Tatars Army by ~10-15).

Anyway the mod is great, keep up the good work, I’m looking forward for new version with impatience.

@Caba`drin: Thanks for offer. Might just do that - but I think the fault is on my side. Something went wrong when I updated to v0.92...

@th44: I appreciate the feedback as it is very specific. We should get into that as soon as the new version has been stabilized.

@All
I've kept you waiting long enough. As I said, I still have some issues that I'm working on but I've decided to upload a release candidate anyway. That gives you the opportunity to start playing and I will probably get some valuable feedback about things that still need fixing. Just bear in mind that this is a release candidate for a beta version - so yes, there are bugs. A lot, probably.

GESIA Mod Pack 0.8 RC-3
Direct Download (M&B-R)
Direct Download (Private)

Note: The release candidate contains content from mods (especially PBOD) and several features not yet listed on the main page. I'll update the main page when 0.8 is actually released. I hope that's ok with you, Caba`drin?

gesia said:
@Caba`drin: Thanks for offer. Might just do that - but I think the fault is on my side. Something went wrong when I updated to v0.92...

@th44: I appreciate the feedback as it is very specific. We should get into that as soon as the new version has been stabilized.

@All
I've kept you waiting long enough. As I said, I still have some issues that I'm working on but I've decided to upload a release candidate anyway. That gives you the opportunity to start playing and I will probably get some valuable feedback about things that still need fixing. Just bear in mind that this is a release candidate for a beta version - so yes, there are bugs. A lot, probably.

GESIA Mod Pack 0.8 RC-3
Direct Download (M&B-R)
Direct Download (Private)

Note: The release candidate contains content from mods (especially PBOD) and several features not yet listed on the main page. I'll update the main page when 0.8 is actually released. I hope that's ok with you, Caba`drin?

Thanx for pre-release!

EDIT: too buggy to be playable, but it anyway gives you feeling. Looks great!

From 0.8 beta release:

1. I saw, that Grenade Throwing skill refers also to other throwing weapon (for example knifes), so maybe name of the skill should be changed (if possible) to THROWING/THROWING WEAPONS?

2. Throwing weapons look very fresh and nice, but they are not so powerful, so not many players will use it at all, and there aren’t any troops that use it. Maybe (it is my dream) there is possibility to widen assortment of weapons that can be attach to mercenaries. It could be so much fun if you would be able to buy your mercenaries any weapon you like (of course with some historical restrictions, Tatar Cavalrymen with hussar lances or firearms would be awful, the same with European Cavalrymen’s with bows). That would give us chance to personalize our Mercenaries for our own purposes.

3. Winged Hussars (not veteran) don’t have a sabre and onehanded skill. Hussars were elite troops, they use lances only on the first strike, then they change their weapons to sabres or “koncerz” (I cant find translations, very long sabre that is using for stabbing from long distance). So also “not-veteran” Winged Hussars should have high onehanded skill and good sabres.

4. Why Mirror Armor on request is exactly as heavy as Black Armor on request? It should be much lighter (I’m talking about real weight not armor bonus). By the way adding new items that could be made on request would be a great addon to this mod. Everybody like to play with new toys on the battlefield :smile:

Greetings!

th44 said:
From 0.8 beta release:

1. I saw, that Grenade Throwing skill refers also to other throwing weapon (for example knifes), so maybe name of the skill should be changed (if possible) to THROWING/THROWING WEAPONS?

2. Throwing weapons look very fresh and nice, but they are not so powerful, so not many players will use it at all, and there aren’t any troops that use it. Maybe (it is my dream) there is possibility to widen assortment of weapons that can be attach to mercenaries. It could be so much fun if you would be able to buy your mercenaries any weapon you like (of course with some historical restrictions, Tatar Cavalrymen with hussar lances or firearms would be awful, the same with European Cavalrymen’s with bows). That would give us chance to personalize our Mercenaries for our own purposes.

3. Winged Hussars (not veteran) don’t have a sabre and onehanded skill. Hussars were elite troops, they use lances only on the first strike, then they change their weapons to sabres or “koncerz” (I cant find translations, very long sabre that is using for stabbing from long distance). So also “not-veteran” Winged Hussars should have high onehanded skill and good sabres.

4. Why Mirror Armor on request is exactly as heavy as Black Armor on request? It should be much lighter (I’m talking about real weight not armor bonus). By the way adding new items that could be made on request would be a great addon to this mod. Everybody like to play with new toys on the battlefield :smile:

Greetings!

Good post! Pitty I can`t +Rep same way you can in Total War Centers

th44 said:

1. I saw “Sturdy Cap of Monomakh” to buy for 40-50k, it increases your army size by 50 (!!!). Don’t you think that this bonus is too high and price for this enormous bonus is to low?

2. I’ve recruited some Tatar Mercenary Cavalryman’s and there are sooooo weak, weaker than in original WFaS (1.139 and 1.143). Even when their reached elite they have only 90 archery skill. Why so weak? Tatars were born with bow in their cradle, archery should be definitely their main skill and for the price (28 thaler for 1 elite Cavalryman) they’re just useless. I think that they should have at least 180-200 archery skill because of the playability and historical considerations.

In 0.8 version troop tree ordinary Tatar Calavry has 112 in bows, elite Tatar Cavalryman should has elite archery skill :smile:

4. Names of cities, castles and villages should remained original or english, as I wrote before.

1. Why Winged Hussar (veteran) has weaker polearms then ordinary Winged Hussar? I thought that veteran soldier should be better than ordinary soldier :smile:
2. Too weak archery skills for entire Tatars army (maybe increase archery skills of all Tatars Army by ~10-15).

Anyway the mod is great, keep up the good work, I’m looking forward for new version with impatience.

Just about number 3. It's Gesia choice to keep or remove the bayonets but they were in the 17th century. They were first created in France and other empires quickly adjusted to the new useful weaponry. Plus traders would trade them all the time.

QWW said:
th44 said:

Just about number 3. It's Gesia choice to keep or remove the bayonets but they were in the 17th century. They were first created in France and other empires quickly adjusted to the new useful weaponry. Plus traders would trade them all the time.

I hope Gesia keeps them!

tbh I haven't used them...unless my grenadiers are armed with them and I just haven't noticed...If that is the case, they haven't used them either, without getting cut down at some point within the next half second. haha

I see no reason to have them removed though, now that they're already in there.

can u add the Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment? its a really cool mod that lets you make orders before battles http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,209923.0.html

lol sorry bout that didn't read rest of topic about PBOD, i have a small problem and found a bug, when i go into village centers the buildings are messed up, they are half way under ground and some of them are floating lol.

hoboslayer said:
i have a small problem and found a bug, when i go into village centers the buildings are messed up, they are half way under ground and some of them are floating lol.

lol I have that issue as well, I assume we're not the only ones. I'm not sure what mod could be causing that...but it seems more often than not my villages are so far underground that people are just walking around aimlessly in a mountain crater...:\

Amduscas said:
hoboslayer said:
i have a small problem and found a bug, when i go into village centers the buildings are messed up, they are half way under ground and some of them are floating lol.

lol I have that issue as well, I assume we're not the only ones. I'm not sure what mod could be causing that...but it seems more often than not my villages are so far underground that people are just walking around aimlessly in a mountain crater...:\
Yeah its pretty hard finding a bounty when u have villagers on top of mountains lol

Back
Top Bottom