SP Musket Era GESIA Mod Pack 0.7

Users who are viewing this thread

The troop tree comes from WGW, actually. Still, I might include an overview of upgrade possibilities in the next update, which should be sometime this week. I'll check the upgrade trees anyway, because there have been complaints about erroneous/illogical upgrades...

Thanks for the reply, gesia. I'm really looking forward to the new update.

Different topic: I'm not experienced at all in M&B / Warband / WFaS modding. How hard is it to change the language files (for quests and dialogs)? The ones your mod doesn't touch are still in my language, others have changed to english (of course). But I get the impression, that not all of them are completely new dialogs or quest-descriptions. Is it a lot of work to change (at least some of) them back to my language?

Afaik no lines were added or removed. You should be able to copy the language files from the vanilla module to GMP ("language" subfolder). However, this might lead to some confusion. Neo Native changed the town names...

Thanks for the advice.
I have changed the language files and it seems to work so far. And there is no problem with Neo's changed town names if one keeps the "parties.csv" file from the mod. I manually changed some town names from english to german, but most of them seem to have their native names anyway. If someone wants to do the same, just remember to take an editor that doesn't add formatting (like OpenOffice or MS Office), or you'll get funny names. The mundane windows "editor" does the job well enough.

Have a nice evening!

While working on the troop tree I came across something strange just now, which is also present in vanilla: All muskets and pistols have the crossbow type, even through there are musket and pistol types. And what's even worse, all the troops using them have their crossbow proficiency set, and firearms is zero.

WTF did the developers do? Does the firearms skill even have an effect? How do they differenciate between muskets and actual crossbows?

I don't get it. If someone can point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated...

gesia said:
While working on the troop tree I came across something strange just now, which is also present in vanilla: All muskets and pistols have the crossbow type, even through there are musket and pistol types. And what's even worse, all the troops using them have their crossbow proficiency set, and firearms is zero.

WTF did the developers do? Does the firearms skill even have an effect? How do they differenciate between muskets and actual crossbows?

I don't get it. If someone can point me in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated...
I couldn't tell you why SiCh decided to reskin crossbows as muskets and pistols and not use the musket and pistol item types.
And they don't differentiate between muskets and crossbows (because they are the same item type) so they just removed all crossbows from the game.

You could, of course, activate the firearms proficiency and then change all the muskets, etc, to their proper item types (bullets would need to be changed to their type, too since they are just reskinned bolts at the moment.

Well thanks for the clarification, Caba`drin. So what does the firearms skill do? For the player, I mean. Should I skill crossbows when playing?

gesia said:
Well thanks for the clarification, Caba`drin. So what does the firearms skill do? For the player, I mean. Should I skill crossbows when playing?
When playing WFaS, while it says "Firearms" it is actually just a re-named wpt_crossbow; wpt_firearms is not actually used in Native WFaS and would need to be activated in module.ini (display_wp_firearms = 0 changed to 1) to use separately and wpt_crossbow renamed in the .csv file (ui.csv, the lines ui_crossbows|Firearms and ui_explanation_crossbow|Covers usage of firearms. ).

So, in your code, anytime you want to deal with skills governing muskets/pistols (as coded in WFaS) refer to wpt_crossbow, not wpt_firearms.

Well thanks again. I don't plan on changing this, it would just be a lot of work with no actual benefit (besides being able to add actual crossbows, obviously). I just wanted to make sure I got you right so I don't waste my time fixing stuff that doesn't really need fixing. :wink:

Just wanted to say awesome work for all the modders and gesia for combining them, i made a video of a battle i fought in the mod pack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV_6_3vD7PY&context=C36da777ADOEgsToPDskLK4z_tAgRWsTAYxJJF7Jf5

Unable to find mesh arena_arrow.

This red error popped up when I entered the arms market in Bethanitsy.

I think it is caused by the empty picture of "Practice Arrows" which have no damage numbers.

Well, I said not to expect anything big for the next update, but as it usually goes I was pulled in by the fun of using my self-written editor.  I recently pulled it out of the drawer and was kind of amazed of the cool features I had implemented and forgotten about. Had to prep it for WFAS, fix some bugs and extend the functionality to some degree but then it worked... like a charm, actually.

I just wanted to follow up on a complaint I got about the troop upgrades being illogical. Turns out, yes they are. A lot. They're upgrading back and forth and even across factions. There is no such thing as diversification or balancing. Some cheap bandit would spawn with the best pike in the game and stuff like that. Well, that's what happens if you rely on the names of the items instead of their stats.

Anyway, I decided to complely reorganize and rebalance the entire troop tree. Meaning, I forced all troops into faction troop trees (in case you're wondering, there is no such thing as troop trees in WFAS, just a bunch of troops that can upgrade one or two times), diversified them (because the same faction could have two basically identical troop types) and rebalanced their items. Levels, stats, proficiencies and skills were adjusted using batch scripts (I love my new toy...) so the troop tree is almost too balanced and generic. Maybe I'll do something about that in the future.

And now, since you had to read so much, here's some teasers: The troop trees for the upcoming version 0.8:

poland.png
sweden.png
moscow.png
cossacks.png
crimean.png
mercenaries.png

ILoveJack said:

I think it is caused by the empty picture of "Practice Arrows" which have no damage numbers.

Just looked into it, should be fixed in the next release. Somebody but the item name in the mesh field...

Edit: Fixed the same problem for the "Blunt Arrows"...

gesia said:
ILoveJack said:

Just looked into it, should be fixed in the next release. Somebody but the item name in the mesh field...

Edit: Fixed the same problem for the "Blunt Arrows"...

Hey Mate, i wanna thank you for your great work. Too sad that there are not many FaS Mods out there :sad:

Greetz

Michel

gesia said:
Well, I said not to expect anything big for the next update, but as it usually goes I was pulled in by the fun of using my self-written editor.  I recently pulled it out of the drawer and was kind of amazed of the cool features I had implemented and forgotten about. Had to prep it for WFAS, fix some bugs and extend the functionality to some degree but then it worked... like a charm, actually.

I just wanted to follow up on a complaint I got about the troop upgrades being illogical. Turns out, yes they are. A lot. They're upgrading back and forth and even across factions. There is no such thing as diversification or balancing. Some cheap bandit would spawn with the best pike in the game and stuff like that. Well, that's what happens if you rely on the names of the items instead of their stats.

Anyway, I decided to complely reorganize and rebalance the entire troop tree. Meaning, I forced all troops into faction troop trees (in case you're wondering, there is no such thing as troop trees in WFAS, just a bunch of troops that can upgrade one or two times), diversified them (because the same faction could have two basically identical troop types) and rebalanced their items. Levels, stats, proficiencies and skills were adjusted using batch scripts (I love my new toy...) so the troop tree is almost too balanced and generic. Maybe I'll do something about that in the future.

And now, since you had to read so much, here's some teasers: The troop trees for the upcoming version 0.8:

poland.png
sweden.png
moscow.png
cossacks.png
crimean.png
mercenaries.png

WOW looks GREAT! I can use Finns and Sweds 50%-50% in my army.  :smile:

EDIT: but where are Grenadiers? They were elite units, so powerful than grenades got name FROM them, not otherwise (grenadiers got name FROM grenades, NOT this way)
So: Grenadiers without Grenades=realistic

Thanks, I actually think this release will be the best yet.
1) Because I finally reworked the troop trees as I always wanted
2) Because Naresh is helping me with bug search (a luxury I didn't have for the previous releases)
3) Because it looks like I might get PBOD to work after all, which would just be amazing

Concerning the grenadiers: You may have noticed that every faction tree has one (and only one) tier 7 troop. For Sweden, I had to choose between the Grenadiers and the Swedish Reiters. As the Reiters are present in vanilla whereas the Grenadiers come from the WGW mod, I chose the Reiters. This also fulfilled a user request asking me to remove grenades from the troop trees due to the lack of realism.

Edit: I should have mentioned that in my opinion, a mod pack should aim to improve gameplay while somehow sticking to the theme of the original game. Otherwise it would be a conversion mod and should be labeled as such. Hence, I'll generally keep to the vanilla version even if that means that some mods are only partially included.

Great work gesia, I'm digging your mod pack, and your last post covered the one thing I wanted :smile: PBOD!

I am a bit bummed about the loss of the grenadiers.  I'll just manually copy the grenadier over though hehe.

Hi!
Mod is good, but I have two problems
1.I've problem with Tweak M&B, because when I want open the module, a lot of options are not available.I downloaded the latest version.Tweak M&B is compatible with this mod?, or I did somethig wrong?

2. I heard, that new nersion GESIA Modpack,  had to be released in first week of new year.Now is 8th January :wink:
I'll wait :wink:
Tell me, save, will compatible with new wersion?

Best!

Yes, some entries will be disabled in TweakMB. It supports native M&B, Warband, and WFAS. Hence, not everything listed there applies to your game. Also, it will disable anything that as been changed compared to the base module (e.g. Ogniem).

And yes, I announced a new version of the mod pack for the first week of January. However, when I said that I assumed that there would only be minor changes. Things have changed, however. I've overhauled the entire troop trees, rebalanced many items, fixed various bugs and managed to implement PBOD. Especially the latter is now giving me some issues. I'm trying to get 0.8 out as soon as possible, but it should at least be stable enough to be playable. :smile:

The new version probably won't be savegame-compatible. The changes simply are to comprehensive for that.

Thanks for the update gesia.

Regarding the above post about grenadiers.  Are you just removing the troop or are you removing grenades from troops altogether?  If the Lifeguards can still chuck grenades I'll be very happy :smile:

Back
Top Bottom