Geographic/Ancient Tribes Map of Calradia

Users who are viewing this thread

calradia_geography_by_demephilo_deg6llb-fullview.jpg

The names of the water and landforms all come from the in-game Encyclopedia. I understand that since the game is still in Early Access some these names or their locations are likely to change as time goes on. Also there was a lot of inconsistency in the Encyclopedia when it came to spellings. For example the name of the desert Nahasa has been spelled "Nahhas", or the Aminys River was once spelled as "Amnyis," little typos for proper nouns so my rule of thumb was to use the spelling that we see the most of in the Encyclopedia (tempering that with a bit a common sense).

The terms Lysian Strait and Garontor Promotory are not in the encyclopedia, but the village of Lysia's entry says the village's name was applied to the nearby strait and the Garontor entry said the village's name was given to the promotory. I figured those things needed names so I might as well apply them.

Let me know if you think something is not correct, you have a suggestion, or you have a question. I'm new to creating maps like this, but I saw no one had done a compilation like this so I thought I might as well make the attempt.

If you want the full resolution of this you can download it here: https://www.deviantart.com/demephilo/art/Calradia-Geography-873708239

---Update--- **Ancient Tribes Map**
calradia_map_of_ancient_tribes_by_demephilo_deibcdq-fullview.jpg

An overview of the ancient tribes to dwell in the land of Calradia before the formation of the Calradic Empire. The names and positions of the tribes come from the in-game Encyclopedia (you see those names in white) and from the settlements.xml file (names in red). The names in red are unconfirmed tribe names so be skeptical of them, but I felt the map would be pretty barren if they were not included.

Some of the names here are not "tribes" per say, but "peoples" such as the Battanians, Palaic, and Vakken. Tribes are what compose these people, such as the Dryatics are mentioned in the in-game Encyclopedia as being the northernmost of the Palaic people.

And I did not know what to do with the Massa people that are mentioned in the Sargot in-game Encyclopedia page. They could have natives of western Calradia and allied with the Vlandian settlers or maybe they came from over the ocean...

Full resolution avaliable here

Feel free to use these images elsewhere, just cred for me for the compilation.

Last edited:
I also forgot to mention that this map uses the "Imperial" names of things. For example, we are told in the encyclopedia that Lake Tanaesis is called Tanaz Sea by the Khuzaits. Or the Aserai have their own names from Calsa River and the Perassic Sea.

Mountains Mountains Mountains Mountains Mountains Mountains Mountains Mountains Mountains Mountains Mountains Mountains Mountains Mountains

Nice work though

As far as I can tell the only mistake is 'West to the lands of the Padishah' (should read East) and I feel like this should be to the south-East as well since its analogous to Iran/Persia.

As far as I can tell the only mistake is 'West to the lands of the Padishah' (should read East) and I feel like this should be to the south-East as well since its analogous to Iran/Persia.

wow, I can’t believe I swapped East for west.

But of course I’m the guy who has to look down at his hands when an army commander shouts at me to protect the left or right flank of the infantry.

Thank you for this. Would be nice for something of the sort to exist in the game, makes it feel so much more like a 'real' inhabited land with different countries.

Thank you for this. Would be nice for something of the sort to exist in the game, makes it feel so much more like a 'real' inhabited land with different countries.
I was so excited when I logged into the early access game and saw all the villages had Encyclopedia entries. Then I was bummed to find that all the descriptions were for the pre-EA map. So naturally I was pumped to see they had been upgraded for the current map. It does make things feel much more real and enhances my sense of immersion.

Back
Top Bottom