Genuinely question for the devs and players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Artimenner

Recruit
Never had the oportunity to speak to one of the devs in here.......Trying to understand whats going on here.Dont get me wrong i enjoy to play with my 8 or so mods but im wondering this.Tw seems to not possess sufficient ability to provide more than a demo like game.Charged a full price for a game thats completely empty of life and a mess.It seems to me that they have nothing more to offer to the game.Therefore they count on modders to save the game and breath a life to it.Why then they still dont have the full tools?Even the terrains of the maps are not available yet. Speak your minds everyone.

Last edited:
LOL. I'd love to know. I uninstalled the game about a year ago because I was mad at it. Mostly about sieges, but other stuff too. Started a new game a week ago. Had that initial rush from remembering how fun and promising the basic idea and the basic grind appear to be at first. And I'm already mad again. This time about the economy / trading. I see patch notes saying they 'improved' it. By which I guess they mean they made it much, much worse. All these big patch note lists and all I can see that's new is.... cut scenes? Are you kidding me? The simple fact that dumb cut scene graphics weren't left on the cutting room floor given all that's unplayably broken in this game is proof of incompetence as a studio. I went away for a year, and they managed to make the game significantly worse than I remember. At least I guess that means they worked on it....

Never had the oportunity to speak to one of the devs in here.......Trying to understand whats going on here.Dont get me wrong i enjoy to play with my 8 or so mods but im wondering this.Tw seems seems to not possess sufficient ability to provide more than a demo like game.Charged a full price game for a completely empty of life mess.It seems to me that they have nothing more to offer in the game.Therefore they count on modders to save the game and breath a life to it.Why then they still dont have the full tools.Even the terrains of the maps are not available yet. Speak your minds everyone.

sometimes i think the devs is being held back to actually do something because they "have to" sell the same game on consoles , but whoever is leading this project forget it's 2 different ports, so it must be two different games

To put it simply... Yes, they are 100% depending on mods to save their product. They know that. We know that. It is utterly pathetic. The base game that they provide will have less depth than a moderately modded Warband. Just stop for a second ... and really think about that.

So many requests for game features have been met with a blunt and blank reply from TW of "There are no plans for that at the present time" ...
or.... the classic : "That would be too complicated.....(even though we promised it years ago)."

TaleWorlds are ALL about the money now ... hence the new and huge emphasis on console conversion.

What burns is that the community WILL actually save this mess of a game! The modded version of the game will be really good. But Taleworlds do not in any way deserve that. Not at all.

Back in the days of Warband, they were a different company. These days TW are a shadow of their former selves. These days they have far more money, more resources. But hardly any integrity... and they most certainly lack the determination to make Bannerlord what it should be.

Last edited:
Realistically, Taleworlds still views Bannerlord as an EA product and has only advertised the product as such. Any expectations beyond EA quality is to each their own demise. Game development is taking longer than everyone would like, Taleworlds included, but sooner or later the game will realize its intended vision. Patch 1.80 is a big step modding-wise and it looks like we are inching closer to allowing the player base to craft the game players want. Singleplayer & Multiplayer modding was always the strength of M&B anyways.

That's what I wrote in my Steam review. Thumbs up but only because it's the only game of its kind. Like giving a mobbed-up loan shark a good Yelp review because he's the only one who'd lend to you at all. A+++ would have both my legs broken again. I like this thread. Last time I was on this forum everyone was still white-knighting TW.

To put it simply... Yes, they are 100% depending on mods to save their product. They know that. We know that. It is utterly pathetic. The base game that they provide will have less depth than a moderately modded Warband. Just stop for a second ... and really think about that.

The modded version of the game will be really good. But Taleworlds do not in any way deserve that. Not at all.

giphy.gif

I honestly don't care who makes the game better as long as it gets better. I'd rather see Taleworlds release it as is right now than wait another 5 years for them to implement features that modders could do in a fraction of the time. If the final state of the base game is to simply be a modding platform, that's perfectly fine with me.

I honestly don't care who makes the game better as long as it gets better. I'd rather see Taleworlds release it as is right now than wait another 5 years for them to implement features that modders could do in a fraction of the time. If the final state of the base game is to simply be a modding platform, that's perfectly fine with me.
Agreed

So many requests for game features have been met with a blunt and blank reply from TW of "There are no plans for that at the present time" ...
or.... the classic : "That would be too complicated.....(even though we promised it years ago)."

TaleWorlds are ALL about the money now ... hence the new and huge emphasis on console conversion.

What burns is that the community WILL actually save this mess of a game! The modded version of the game will be really good. But Taleworlds do not in any way deserve that. Not at all.

Back in the days of Warband, they were a different company. These days TW are a shadow of their former selves. These days they have far more money, more resources. But hardly any integrity... and they most certainly lack the determination to make Bannerlord what it should be.
I do agree. They just needed to take a look to most popular WB mods and implement these ideas in Bannerlord... but they ignored them and implemented their own vision which is the opposite of what most players expected.

I share your frustration because I also agree that the community will finally release great mods that will implement all those ideas like it happened with WB.

I won't understood the 'decision making' responsible of the current state.

They still will need to fix all those bugs, so they´ll keep updating after final release, so mods will have the same problem as now...it´s not like that TW will magically be able to release a final version without major and minor bugs in two months. Nothing will change for modders but maybe better mod tools.

They still will need to fix all those bugs, so they´ll keep updating after final release, so mods will have the same problem as now...it´s not like that TW will magically be able to release a final version without major and minor bugs in two months. Nothing will change for modders but maybe better mod tools.
The bugs don't seem that bad anymore, though. I've been playing with a bunch of sketchy mods and the game's been pretty stable and running quite smooth. If the remaining bugs aren't gamebreaking, they'll probably just leave them be.

I think what changes for modders, most of all, is having a final game version to mod that won't change every month or two and ruin their work. They won't have to maintain multiple mod versions for multiple game versions which is what I think has driven a lot of modders away from continuing their work. But then, that will be negated if TW keeps patching the game after launch, and that's a distinct possibility. .

For console i think there hoping the multiplayer will be the main player base. But i don't think so ,I think it will break even over single player and multiplayer. Only thing is single player at the moment is pretty shallow. Console players seem to be going for more complex games they really want them, the other half play gta5 online or call of duty style and i don't think Bannerlord multiplayer is that type of multiplayer its never going to be battlefield or chivalry2 . I think TW shoot them selves in the foot with basic diplomacy ,intrigues , traits, relationships, quests. But at least for pc players we get mods.

There is without a shadow of a doubt a heavy expectation from TW that modders will cover up the glaring issues and lack of content/features the base game has, because they know people will fall for it.

Now they expect MP to be a massive hit for consoles to make up more money, adding a secondary veil over the lip-stick pig beneath.

Yup. Several of my most favorite games I can only play because of mods, like Total War Rome II or Fallout 4 or Skyrim, so I don't care who makes BL to my liking.

The question is wether there is enough room for modders to deal with the deep problems. I developed the habit to watch Youtube BL videos the last time and when you are just watching you notice the absolute dumbness the AI often shows, mostly on the battlefield and in sieges, more then when you are playing yourself.

The question is:

Why are your standards so low that you´re cool with it, that modders have to fix whatever game for free, instead of the company delivering the product it advertised and that you´ve paid for?

The question is:

Why are your standards so low that you´re cool with it, that modders have to fix whatever game for free, instead of the company delivering the product it advertised and that you´ve paid for?
Yeah, especially considering that the game costs the same as an average AAA title. That sets an expectation that TW have yet to fulfill

Well guys.........After reading all those comments iam more mad than before.RD is the gravestone.They abandoned completely the game.

The question is:

It has nothing to do with standards. I've seen how TW works. I've seen how they implement player requested features. I'd rather have what the modmakers are offering, tbh. At this late stage of the process, do you really think another year or two in the EA oven is going to turn this into the game we all wanted?

Back
Top Bottom