Genocidal Conquest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Currently running a campaign where I've executed ALL the starting lords and eliminated all the kingdoms except S-Empire. The working theory is that when all the lords are dead, my kingdom (1 city, 1 castle) can inherit most of the towns without sieging and preserve the garrison armies (security), food stores and prosperity. Two things emerged from this: 1) Without AI lords culling, bandits have overrun the land in dense swarms choking merchant and villager trade. 2) Incessant rebellions create new crops of hedge lords and I left these hoping they would tamp down on the bandits in their local area. However, when I captured the last empress one of these rebellion factions joined the S empire and inherited its lands when she was executed. This repeated every single time I execute the last emperor a new rebel clan would join an inherit the map. So my question is this: Is it possible to inherit the continent? Has anyone successfully executed all the lords and conquered the map? Is the rebellion joining to keep the empire alive mechanic hard coded to prevent this kind of inheritance conquest?

I will attempt to imprison rather than execute this last rebel faction and then execute all the other rebel factions (they fold back into the empire when the 4 rebels are beheaded) and then execute the emperor when there are no rebels left but this is akin to building with sand... the rebellions happen faster then they can be executed.

By the title alone; @Ananda_The_Destroyer someone needs your guidance

I think you can inherit everything (or was there a bug?) by killing everyone. You may have to do some trickery like the one you described, but I have never done it and my memory of Ananda's world domination is rusty.

Yeah rebels can inherit the land and seem preferred by "the game" over the players small (or absent) faction. This is a problem if you kill entire factions because it causes foreign factions to get all the land and without their +loyalty of matching culture they start to have rebellions.
The way I circumvent this problem when I kill every one is to use the perks keensight (225 scouting) and mounted patrols (225 riding) on my main character so I can hold lords in my party forever. I just keep the last lord of the faction in my prisoners as I move onto the next faction. Before I have the perk I will just leave the last one alone too, as it takes awhile to get the scouting perk, I think I usually have wiped out several factions by then, leaving 1 ruler alone in each. Once I have culled them and have the last 7 lord in my prisoners, I execute them all at once and inherited the land without giving time for rebels to spawn. If any did spawn they need to be captured and executed at the same time too. Now it used to be you got to choose 4 policies when you make a faction, so you could just choose 4 loyalty boosting ones (tribunals, trial by jury, forgiveness of debts and if you own everything "imperial towns" is good.) however now you don't get to, so it may be a good idea to create a basic faction before finishing of all the lords and build influence to pass these policies before you execute the lords and inherited all the land.

My own method is described above and I also have a video in my sig "how to make a successful kingdom" which is a joke title, it's about executing everyone.

^the part about 4 free policies is outdated now though, as I described above.

Also I will post a video made by @Lesser_Scholar about trying to inherit lands as you go, I've watched it but it was unclear to me exactly how to manipulate it, but maybe it will help you.

Last edited:
Thanks. The "save 7 emperors" idea sounds like a good work around. Prevents rampant rebellions. Looks like Ill have to restart the campaign. The voice mod you use in the video is... an atrocity.

Thanks. The "save 7 emperors" idea sounds like a good work around. Prevents rampant rebellions. Looks like Ill have to restart the campaign. The voice mod you use in the video is... an atrocity.
Yeah I want anything I make to be kinda obnoxious and annoying for someone to watch, but it's a difficult balance to see how much they will tolerate before they just won't watch it.

Currently running a campaign where I've executed ALL the starting lords and eliminated all the kingdoms except S-Empire. The working theory is that when all the lords are dead, my kingdom (1 city, 1 castle) can inherit most of the towns without sieging and preserve the garrison armies (security), food stores and prosperity. Two things emerged from this: 1) Without AI lords culling, bandits have overrun the land in dense swarms choking merchant and villager trade. 2) Incessant rebellions create new crops of hedge lords and I left these hoping they would tamp down on the bandits in their local area. However, when I captured the last empress one of these rebellion factions joined the S empire and inherited its lands when she was executed. This repeated every single time I execute the last emperor a new rebel clan would join an inherit the map. So my question is this: Is it possible to inherit the continent? Has anyone successfully executed all the lords and conquered the map? Is the rebellion joining to keep the empire alive mechanic hard coded to prevent this kind of inheritance conquest?

I will attempt to imprison rather than execute this last rebel faction and then execute all the other rebel factions (they fold back into the empire when the 4 rebels are beheaded) and then execute the emperor when there are no rebels left but this is akin to building with sand... the rebellions happen faster then they can be executed.
I had a game in that style, killing everyone. What happens is that the game does not recognize that you have destroyed the faction, therefore it gives the territory to a rebel clan that was at war with said kingdom. Subsequently, the rebel clans dedicate themselves to declaring war among themselves. I think that unless you eliminate every last rebel clan, the game will always be giving the territory to another clan that is not yours.

In my game my solution was to create an empire and I began to conquer one settlement at a time and after the conquest give it to a companion who promoted it to noble, so I made an empire with more than 50 clans in a short time. But that is no longer enabled, you can only give properties that are yours after deciding the owner.

Currently the best solution I can think of is that you enter a kingdom, accumulate a lot of influence and dedicate yourself to passing laws that increase the loyalty and security of the settlements, this will help avoid rebellions. Dedicate yourself to killing for them, so that this anti-rebellion kingdom wins all the territories. When there are no enemy kingdoms and rogue clans left on the map, you leave the kingdom, create your own, and finish what you started.

Lastly, you recruit companions and transform them into nobles, one property per clan. the result will amaze you

Back
Top Bottom