"Generic application error" Issues after windows 10 update

Users who are viewing this thread

I have played Warband for a long time now, over two pc's, and never got this.
Everythign was working fine, updated windows 10 last night.

Went to play the game, and after the intro animation, I got this error message.

"Generic application error. Enable debug output for detailed information.

Switching to reference rasterizer, a software device theat implements the entire Direct3D feature set, but runs very slowly."

After pressing ok on that, I then get this

"Warning : Nothing will be rendered.
The reference rendering device was selected, but your computer only has a reduced-functionality reference device installed. Install the DirectX SDK to get the full reference device".

And then the game opens in a small window, nothing happens, and it crashes.

I searched for some answers on google, tried quite a few out, running as admin, compatibility modes, made sure I had DirectX (I do), update your video drivers (I did), a bunch of messing around in video settings, reinstalling, verifying it through steam.

The only way the game launches is in windowed mode. Which isn't particularly good, and when I try to fullscreen it, I just get

"Could not reset the Direct3D device.

This application will now exit."

So I'm stuck, not sure what to do, and I hope someone here can help me resume stabbing some Irish lords in the face.

visit TW support forum for issues with the .exe, as this one is handled by another team/company (BWStudios) just for the DLC gameplay issues.

you seem to be missing key installation steps for your usual drivers like DirectX. Google can help you with that. Remember to also install your GPU driver and all the C++ runtimes. And if you play on a Notebook to enable your GPU.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom