General suggestions thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestions/feedback.

nawbambam said:
thanks for the reply yes the correct will be the The Golden Horde they held jerusalem and  Eastern Europe, Idyll (Volga) area, and area between western Urals and northern Volga at the time of 1257, i understand that it will recire to many changes.  Maybe change the mod  to 1157 AD is easyer :smile:

That would be masochistic. All the lords, borders, a good number of items would be obsolete and needed to be scraped. Jerusalem will change ownership in the near future. :smile:

Vassal states will remain as part of there senior factions. Warband is very limited. And all-ready because of those 38 factions are a big problem regarding performance. The faction list is final.

Was a sultanate of rum (Seljuk turks) added in a recently revision?
I thought i read it somewhere in a post.

And something that's bothering me is the armour thing.
I can usually find the weapon i'm looking for quite quick,
but for armor you have to stay minimum for a year in a faction
to see all the armour it has to offer.And if you're looking for
a specific armor (reinforced, lordly) then it's hell.
I don't mind waiting since it's great burnin and lootin,but in the
process of bloodthirsty insticts going wild a lot of factions
vanish.

As much I can remember there is and there will no Sultanate of Rum. Reason was that they were a Vassal of Ilkhanate. But Sultanate of Rum is still in the mod as part of Ilkhanate. In the mod it is displayed that Ilkhanate have some "Turkish" Lords. And Seljuk warriors serf in the Armies of Ilkhanate Lords.

The Best way to get specific armors is to travel through the land. As long you are not bound to a fief you are free enough to travel around the world. That's the way I start a game. Travelling around, picking up the companions and buying nice armors. For me every companion get a an armor and horse of his home. I think a nice route is to travel the English towns(with Cymry)->Ireland->Scotland->Norway->Sweden with the danish ones->Reval->teutonic with Gdansk->Lithunia->Novgorod->down through the Mongol towns to Sarai->over Halych to Poland->Non Italian HRE towns to France->fast way to pick up all Iberian towns->North Africa-> through the desert to Eghypt->Crusaders->Ilkhanate->Byziantime Empire...and so on till you reach France and are back to England. After one round over the known world the shops have new stuff and you can try your luck again. Do these some times and you will find many Lordly armors...most of them are worthless ugly ones (with other words: the ones you don't want; But all with very quality textures what is one part that makes this mod so awesome :wink: )
The biggest "problem" you have is that the armor that appears depends on random factors...in other word: on your luck.

If you want a special armor so extremely that you would cheat for it: Open item_kinds1.txt with one of the nice editors and increase the value for "Abundance" for the item you want so much. Save and wait till the shops get new goods...then your chances are a bit better to get it.
...But remember :wink: Every time you are cheating you are betraying one. cheating yourself will lower your long-time fun. It is one important factor of this open game to set yourself tasks.  :roll: sorry couldn't resist

I have tried the morgh's editor to
change the availability of varangian
lordly armor, and only after a 250-300 days in game i was able
to find it.

I agree with what you say about cheating and tempering the values.
I try to be as honest as i can :???: but it's a little frustrating to have to spend 2 years
for an armor that i like.I am only suggesting that maybe armors
should be more available.Maybe by increasing the items merchants have,
and the rate they spawn or maybe by making a special order in the merchants.
But that's only my opinion.

Thanks for the quick reply :grin:

Seljuk troops are represent by Mr.Kay Kavus the vassal of the Il Khans, other than that the odd Crusader lord will sometimes pick up Anatolian troops much to my annoyance .

Is there any way to synchronize the movement speed (from mod options) with quest events duration (tournament, fest, gatheryng of army) ?

Some quests can be "repared" with notepad but others...

I have a suggestion regarding the freelancer part  of the mod.

I understand that there are players out there who love this part of the game - being a common soldier, looting, whatever (Not for me - I am a Robber King, I don´t want to start as a petty looter and I will never accept a petty lord as my liege).
Problem is that Freelancer still seems to be pretty buggy; in my case, it ****ed up my companions and I lost three of them.

My solution would be to hide freelanver better. I found myself confronted with three choices because I clicked on the wrong dialogue when speking to a lord - I klicked the one at the bottom, and bääm, I was Freelancer-doomed.

My suggestion would be to hide this dialogue in the "I would like to ask you something" menu - would that be possible?

I'm sure it was addressed before but I did not read through all the thread: some towns are obviously at very strange places. I think this will be changed in the future. Or is there an easy way to change it yourself, like f.e. in Total War games where the location is simply based on two coordinates? Don't know how it is done in W&B.

Is the Lance recruitment going to get changed so you can manage castle/town garrison? I think it should allow players to do this and would make it more enjoyable.

I would like to briefly comment on this mod, without arguing for any revisions.

This mod is absolutely astonishing. The one thing I think is historically inaccurate is the Mamluk faction using horse armor in 1257. I am a history major w/ a minor in Judaic studies at UCF, and from my readings, the narratives of battle found in a number of accounts indicates that mamluks would not have been using armored horses around 1257. I believe that Islamic cavalry after the initial conquest included contingents of heavily armored cataphracts, due to Persian influence. But as the Seljuks moved in, their influence seems to have made horse armor disappear. sometime in the 1300s, Mamluk shock cavalry (without horse armor) moved to cataphract-type units. If we read about Louis' 1250 campaign in Egypt, we see that there maybe marginal indication that the knights had lightly armored horses, but the Mamluk horsemen were swifter. It describes Jean of Joinville being struck by a lance, pinned down, but it did not penetrate his armor. Likewise he quickly impaled a Mamluk horseman with his lance, so it seems that he either was lucky or that was some type of skirmisher, shock cavalry, or both, who had a corselet of lamellar on but whether he had mail or something under that is uncertain. This is just a theory on the Mamluk horsemans' armor, it doesn't say what he was wearing, just that he was killed. So I believe, with some justification, that most or all of the Mamluk cavalry at this time doubles as heavy shock cavalry, with also the purpose of skirmishing, with skirmishing being the more used role. which were slightly less armored, but swifter than Louis' knights. The disk armor doesn't even appear historically until about 1400, which I think comes from Iran, though I don't recall, that might have been mirror armor. Don't quote me on it.

The disk armor is inaccurate, and is the same one as used in native, horse armor though was not used in this period from anything I have read, at most horses were covered with cloth, as can be seen in manuscripts and other drawings,and neither did the Crusaders have horse armor either .

The Mamluks of this time were never skirmishers, the only use of the bow they had was to add more impact to the charge, and there were only 2-5k of them present during this timeframe, the skirmisher cavalry you describe was most likely a Halqa cavalryman or some bedouin or Turkoman .

And when one says "Mamluk Horseman" he can be referring to either a Mamluk or any cavalryman serving under the Mamluk rulers :smile:

sifis172 said:
I have tried the morgh's editor to
change the availability of varangian
lordly armor, and only after a 250-300 days in game i was able
to find it.

I agree with what you say about cheating and tempering the values.
I try to be as honest as i can :???: but it's a little frustrating to have to spend 2 years
for an armor that i like.I am only suggesting that maybe armors
should be more available.Maybe by increasing the items merchants have,
and the rate they spawn or maybe by making a special order in the merchants.
But that's only my opinion.

Thanks for the quick reply :grin:

considering you know how to use the editor why didnt you just make an item with the name "varangian
lordly armor" with the same stats and add it to your inventory via cheat menu???

****erlord said:
If we're worried about historical accuracy, I think the number of towns+cities in Northern Italy should be increased, and we should get independent cities there rather than have them as part of the Holy Roman Empire (which, by this time, they really weren't). Why is the Golden Horde Muslim (at least I think that's the Golden Horde)? Pretty sure they didn't convert until the early 14th century.

Very good point ...  mod is wonderful but the lack of rapresentation of the northern italy is terrible: don't see in a medieval mod cities like milano or firenze or bologna in the years of the last struggles between Guelphs and Ghibellines is frustrating: I mean these were the years of the crusade against ezzelino and the brief rebirth of lombard league (i want to kick some imperial ass :twisted:); of the battle of montaperti; of the maritime republic expansion in the mediterranean sea; of the competition between genova pisa and venezia ...

this mod must ( :grin:) give an historical accurate rapresentation of italian peninsula ... who cares about that menbearpigs kursi (:grin:) italians do it betters

little OT: will the lance recruitment system be implemented (or something like that) for the east roman empire? because for now if i'm not in error it's possible recruit only western troops

considering you know how to use the editor why didnt you just make an item with the name "varangian
lordly armor" with the same stats and add it to your inventory via cheat menu???

Cause i don't really know how to use the editor,only how to temper a little
with values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom