General suggestions thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we add horse storage ability to Stables? I got some horses captured from battles and I can't give them to my companions yet, but don't want to sell them for nothing or carry around.

There are two places you can shove stuff in. One is where the peasants pay taxes to you and it's possible that something might get stolen. Or the save one where you can put in your personal stuff.

DrTomas said:
There are two places you can shove stuff in. One is where the peasants pay taxes to you and it's possible that something might get stolen. Or the save one where you can put in your personal stuff.

The one called personal inventory? I put a sword there and it disappeared

gongo said:
thomas but peasant may stole also tribute? or only the things you put in that inventory?

Tribute. The scripts adds stuff in the inventory and when its full, some of it might get automatically removed to free up space for the other goods.

And if stuff disappear from the other inventory then it's a bug and I'll poke it when I have the time.

ok I put steppe horse to inventory will check on it in about a week

Armorer in my manor has nothing for sale but weaponsmith does

All remaining companions are now completely gone from taverns

JuJu70 said:

It depends of the time that has passed since you built the armory. It takes abouk a week or two and he will have items for sale. At least that what's happened to me.

PD: sorry for my eventually poor english

Maybe there's some problem with a number of armor smith at certain places. I have the same problem as the other fellow - been months, weapon smith is working fine but armor smith remains empty and penniless. 

Dr_stein85 said:
JuJu70 said:

It depends of the time that has passed since you built the armory. It takes abouk a week or two and he will have items for sale. At least that what's happened to me.

LOL more like 40 days he's still has nothing

JuJu70 said:
Dr_stein85 said:
JuJu70 said:

LOL more like 40 days he's still has nothing

Then I have no idea  :mrgreen:

Would it be possible to add slings and/or staff slings as weapons? They were used to some extend in Spain, Ireland and elsewhere around the Mediterranean Sea well into the 15th century, the staff sling also in other areas. Perhaps the Irish archer line could then partly be also with slings, the Scottish with bows. Maybe the time and effort to implement it would be too big however, I don't know.

I would hope that there would be more the Temple Knights, and could make bigger armies (otherwise than by codes such as cheatmenu). AND I could overthrow the king and become king himself. For example, by purchasing each of all troops and allies start rebellion and killing / taking captive all the opponents of the countries you would get for yourself, and then would be considered tournament and a the winner would be king.
PS: Srry, bout my bad english. I made this with google translater, but i think you get the idea  :mrgreen:
And if someone could link me what i need to make mods to M&B:W cuz i made few mods to Oblivion and Skyrim and i want test Warband modding  :smile:

A few comments on presentation/layout of the board and the game. I do really like the mod, or else I wouldn't be saying anything.

There are currently way too many stickies, and some of the information given is old/from a guy who left the mod team months ago. Things like "The New Subversion" don't mean anything to a new player coming to check out the board - "what does that mean?" they might ask. When I check the stickies list, I want to see - clearly labeled - a thread listing all the changes that've been made, etc. This can be found in the 1257 A.D. index, but even that isn't complete; it was last updated months ago. How am I supposed to know to check the 1257 A.D. index instead of the stickied FAQ? It's kind of silly.

This is an issue that is commonplace - I hate being forced to make a decision and not having the information needed to make the decision. Case in point being the Lance/Standard recruitment choice. After digging through countless threads I managed to find the difference, but couldn't you just outline the difference on the first screen in the game when we have to make the decision?

The localization is a little bad... I know English isn't a first language for a lot of people but some of the dialogue could definitely use a once-over.

I think the Latin names come off as remarkably pretentious and confusing.

Why is there no independent Despotate of Epirus or Genoa or Pisa? I'd like to see the smaller states represented without being vassalized because they make for a nice early game "practice expansion" if you start out as a Lord, similar to what the Baltic pagans offer the Teutonic Order.

Unrelated, I think horse archers are a bit too terrible and the Ilkhanate totally sucks. I think this is a problem with the AI, since it doesn't seem to know how to shoot and follow me at the same time. I wish there was a "keep your distance" Skirmish-esque command but I imagine that's impossible.

It's a great mod nonetheless.

Good points ****erlord(nice name by the way :eek:). I'll comment a few of them.

We do lack documentation on features. I'm hoping that after a release we will get a in game manual sort of, describing the features into the game. I naively hoping that someone will help me out with it.

Dialogues will not get fixed by it self.

There are alternative English names for that. Currently you do have to do it manualy, but with a release we hopefuly can do it as an option in the installer.

Also don't forget - the mod is in development and you are playing the developer version - which is available to public :smile:

- Belligerent drunks still spawn with "Nordic Swords".
- the intro screens still give the introduction as "Europe is a land of sprawling fields, etc" and actually says "Swadian" in there once. I'd be willing to write up some text for the different factions by region if you guys could plug it in.
- I won a battle, then pressed backspace on accident. When I press tab afterwards, it assumes I lost the battle for some reason.

ETA: It would be really cool if you could somehow pick where you start without starting out as a lord.

Thank for a great mod i have played it sines the start. i love the new Feudal lance system think it a big improvement on recruiting and game play 
I do have some suggestions i think will make it even better :smile:

Balancing
1.Re balancing of armoured mount - increase the damage with speed bonus and increase the armor on armoured mounts
ATM its not possible to change peasants or archers with a heavy mounted charge, the mounts get killed 8/10 times, suggest increase the speed bonus modifier,so if standing still or not changing it will sty the same. that i think will give the mod a extra level of dept when playing meaning you can now use follow on you cavalry and run them true the enemy line if you have heavy armoured Mounts they will come out on the other side 2/8 times if its not armoured 8/10 like it is now

2. increase the damage on spear and other weapons meant or that can stop armoured mount maybe possible with speed modifier so it don't interfere with current balances on foot units , meaning that it now make a different when and on what we charged our knights at, ATM the armoured mount get stopped and killed by the archers knife's, it will now also make sens protect the archers with spear foot unit or crossbow men

internal changes
3. separate out armour as a own stat as - damage modifier, think that will make balancing a lot easier in the future
4 separate out range as a range modifier think the is a one to day based on trowing and bow has different range

Item changes
5. Crossbows lowering range increase accuracy and damage with range modiffier and make them a sec or 2 slower on loading or increase the load time on the best bows 
6. Knights Templar, Knights Hospital and Teutonic Knights should have increased damage and increased armor they was in a other league of the regular Knights maybe low the spawn rate of them to even the balancing of them the most fames Battle 500 Templar Knight charged Saladin army of 26 000, but then again they charged :smile: 

unit changes
men recruited from taverns should have low moral and flee as son as a a Battle goes a bit bad and many die on you side, they should me inferior to over own trained knights  figthing for home and lands this way it also make sens to recruit form your own farms and holding  and train men, ATM you can just raid and buy Knight at taverns no dept in playing or rewards for investing in training your own men

Name changes unit
recruiting from tavern should be called hedge knight and mercenaries so we can different them from own trained units, but i still want to get  Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ

Historical facts
the mod is called 1257 and in game we hold Jerusalem we lost it in 1187 we did retake it for a shot period but lost it last time 1244 to the Turks
in 1257 the Templar knight was well established in many countries any chance we can give them a monastery or to in Europe

Can i help ?
i have experience in managing project and if i am told what to do i can help in things like editing files and just tell me what to change and i can do easy time consuming tasks

Nawbambam - I think giving Jerusalem to the Mamlukes would mean that they could pretty easily crush the Kingdom of Jerusalem + the Ilkhanate, especially if Nicaea decides to go after the Sultanate of Rum which it usually does.

If we're worried about historical accuracy, I think the number of towns+cities in Northern Italy should be increased, and we should get independent cities there rather than have them as part of the Holy Roman Empire (which, by this time, they really weren't). Why is the Golden Horde Muslim (at least I think that's the Golden Horde)? Pretty sure they didn't convert until the early 14th century.

It also sucks how Persia isn't included in the mod - we basically see the weakest part of the Ilkhanate in the game, the loose collection of kingdoms and tributary states that were really more Mongol allies than subjects.

thanks for the reply yes the correct will be the The Golden Horde they held jerusalem and  Eastern Europe, Idyll (Volga) area, and area between western Urals and northern Volga at the time of 1257, i understand that it will recire to many changes.  Maybe change the mod  to 1157 AD is easyer :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom