General suggestions thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The polished landscape is deeply buried within the code, but there is still an option to reduce the number of trees by renaming the 'flora_kinds_less_tress' to 'flora_kinds' in the data folder. And you can improve the performance of your pc by pressing ALT+F4 during play. Seriously, how do you add 'optimized performance'?

Nah, polished landscape can be easily removed by just changing load_mod_resource for the flora related brf's back to load_resource in module.txt.

I am very glad that the mod finally resurrected. I believe that battles already beautifully made​​, you just have to hunt down some bugs thats all. But the global map sometimes it's just boring.

In the mod "1200" they somehow managed to make it so that it was full of castles, and lords and all this not lagging. In addition, they are still going to increase the number of countries. I believe that such things add variety to gameplay. Need to make the map more lively, not just like you walking on a dead body without any activities.

Another good idea is to script AI of lords, maybe make them more like real people, want something, like capturing exactly this city(because he always wanted so) or helping someone because they were friends.

PS I apologize for my english

In the mod "1200" they somehow managed to make it so that it was full of castles, and lords and all this not lagging.

Yes, 'full' of castles...way too many castles. It might be a 100 miles walk from A to B but on the map it is a centimeter or two. Now let's put out some historical facts and find out that there were two castles that time. Would you really create a map with two castles within 2 centimeters? It would look crowded, right? Well, this is what I feel if I play 1200AD. It's too crowded and in 1257AD it's not. There is actually some steppe lands you have to travel before you get back to more civilised areas and that increases the feel for where you are and what lands you are travelling on the map if you ask me.

1200 in certain area bit too gap, and much less Caravan to be found(or I would say rarely encounter)

both mod are good, in worldmap, I might prefer 1200 for more settlements

as for Gameplay, 1257 AD won

some weakness in 1257 AD in world map regional

IS some certain area seems to be less alive (Constatinople, Iberia and Italian region)

some area is quite crowded like England-Burguny(France) area

Baltic, germanic and holy land area pretty alive, Norse, Danish area: I Cant judge

I agree, 1257 gameplay is far better. Im just thinking, ok, lets add some new armors, some balance tweaks, but it is time to make some impovements on the global map. Any. Like, just make it more accurate and beautiful. Do some AI improvemts on the global map, make them more real.

Mictian said:
I agree, 1257 gameplay is far better. Im just thinking, ok, lets add some new armors, some balance tweaks, but it is time to make some impovements on the global map. Any. Like, just make it more accurate and beautiful. Do some AI improvemts on the global map, make them more real.
you think that 1200 team done that,no way,its the old Native gameplay

No, i dont, but they have more "crowded" global map, which seems more...living in some way. What i suggested in the previous post was to make something new and fun on the global map. You dont have to go very far to see how scripts may change gameplay, look at Brytenwalda for example. Those guys managed to make brand new diplomacy system.

ntb_15 said:
Nah, polished landscape can be easily removed by just changing load_mod_resource for the flora related brf's back to load_resource in module.txt.

I doubt that it is so easy to get rid of the polished landscapes. Back then when it was introduced, the already existing scenes had to checked and some trees had to be removed. Guitekfiutek used some "stone slots" for trees and thus trees appeared where there should have been none. Simply removing the polished landscapes will change the scenes in the other direction and they may look strange. These are just speculations and I might well be wrong.

Edit: Stop this comparison of Europe1200 and AD1257! I have yet to see anything good come from it.

VR48 said:
Battle Time! 1.2 has been updated and source code released along with simple instruction manual for integrating into mods:
From the manual:

To add Battle Time to your mod:
1. Copy the 3 extra module files (these only include code for Battle Time):
      module_coop_mission_templates.py
      module_coop_presentations.py
      module_coop_scripts.py
2. Search all files for #COOP
3. Copy these parts into the corresponding module files
4. Copy the SceneObj folder to your mod (this overwrites scn_lair_steppe_bandits.sco to fix the ai mesh)
5. If you don't want the player's gold display in MP mode, copy game_variables.txt to your mod folder
6. Download and install the Warband Script Enhancer, and add the operations file to the end of header_operations.py
Please consider this in the future for 1257ad mod.
I second that one, has there any work been done on that subject so far?

Braxton said:
Maybe making arena fights worthwhile: Killed 29. get almost nothing for it.

Mmmm... A nice idea actualy. A town "bugurt" in the street with sticks would be interesting, not to mention more historical then "arena". But not a pririority right now.

it would be nice, if in the game they could make, getting large parties easier,..i.e like in brytenwalda where more renoun will get u much more troops....cus its really annoying when u r half way through the game and still have a army less than 200

promethaus69 said:
it would be nice, if in the game they could make, getting large parties easier,..i.e like in brytenwalda where more renoun will get u much more troops....cus its really annoying when u r half way through the game and still have a army less than 200
Seconded, its quite confusing when you see lords with less renown and fiefs (and less leadership if I cheat and look at the mods files) and they are running around with bigger armies than me. Even me being the marshal/king  :neutral:

However large a player party can be if this suggestion finds its way into the code, it's not that only the player has more troops in Brytenwalda. All the parties are larger and there is far more trouble and costs included to keep the morale up. It actually has a balancing effect which is completly missing here. So it's not just about party size.

And looking into the code doesn't count anyway. A mod can modify characters and give them hundreds of troops just for fun.
Did you notice the AI can run away while pillaging a village and you can't? It's unfair but balances things out to ensure fun.

Actually I am just saying that it might be more than just having a larger party. I am not against it as greater armies in general feel more real. Of course, the lords need a way to finance huge armies, too, which would be another point that might be worth a look in this case.

True enough, that's what we get for being humans cappable of taking decisions instead of dumb AI who doesn't knows what to do when the script has no answer for it.  :roll:

Hey

This i guess, is a bit of feedback.

Character is level 20, and I have not joined a faction. On day 88 now.

Play style : care bear, no looting or devilishness, doing all types of quests for the Norwegian faction + all the bandits i see are dust.

I am having a slight problem with money, I have to disband my entire army before payday to make a profit. (i only own 1 factory). The units wages are very high compared to what I get from the quests/selling loot.

I am also slightly annoyed by the names of the units and towns. I'm Norwegian, but my middle-age high era history is not that good man :p Most of the names look Icelandic to me and doesn't make much sense. Are you planning on renaming all towns and units to their era-correct language? I think I would prefer just English names on units and towns. And not overly detailed names on unit types.
Like.. Norwegian elite Archer, or Norwegian Regular pike man etc would suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom