General suggestions thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing about money: I think that the biggest part of the income of an medieval knight came from the village he was given by his king. With these rents, he could afford his own armor and a group of soldiers. In MB, this seems to be working for villages, they give you about 1000 a week, so it is possible to pay up to 30 men. But the income from castles and cities sshould be significantly higher and allow you to pay for as many troops inside the castle as every other castle has (lets say 200 to 300 for castles and 500-600 for cities) and the money needed to field an army of about 100 men.

The current situation is that I have to run from tournament to tournament to be able to defend my castle. I´m not a historian but I guess that the tournaments weren´t the backbone of medieval economy.

The presence of a castle might have helped to make traders feel secure enough and surely kept bandits away but the castle itself, I guess, just costs money. Might be dependent from the individual point of view like if you think a castle in the game automatically includes some sort of settlement as well. In that case you may have a point. On the other hand it's the money that shouldn't be available too easily to avoid having too big armies. Although I guess I get your point and I think, too, that the amount of money you get from tournaments is ridiculous high and with a bit more gold from towns it could be a nice workaround so to speak.

Umm, just my 2 cents.

Makememove said:
One more thing about money: I think that the biggest part of the income of an medieval knight came from the village he was given by his king. With these rents, he could afford his own armor and a group of soldiers. In MB, this seems to be working for villages, they give you about 1000 a week, so it is possible to pay up to 30 men. But the income from castles and cities sshould be significantly higher and allow you to pay for as many troops inside the castle as every other castle has (lets say 200 to 300 for castles and 500-600 for cities) and the money needed to field an army of about 100 men.

The current situation is that I have to run from tournament to tournament to be able to defend my castle. I´m not a historian but I guess that the tournaments weren´t the backbone of medieval economy.
Yes, but medieval armies fielded mostly peasants and levies, and armies/garrison of 200 or 500 containing mostly recruits can already be fielded with the rent we get from cities and castles in the current version.

That is also why the campaign difficulty setting of "poor" is recomended, because with this setting the ai opponents also fields mostly peasant and recruits in their armies and garrisons, so the game is somewhat balanced.

I didn´t want to critisize the way the armies are composed; i like to fight with these peasant troops and against big armies consisting of peasants. Using my own troops wisely is necessary to win battles, which is way better than the native "built as many swadians knights as you can and let them charge." Now, knights are very expensive, but they  are also very effective, especially in the open; ten knights can make the difference when they are used wisely.

However, I found it hard to pay for decent armour; that was only possible by either pillaging enemy villages or by fighting many tournaments. My companions only get the armour I loot from other parties. Few days ago, a companion of mine won a tournament because he kicked my ass in the last round, he should have to pay for himself now!

One more thing: When I fight enemy warbands and win, I never find food. I know that this is the same in native, but would it be possible to change that? Maybe at least one peace of bread per party? It´s highly unlikely that the live only of love and thin air...

This mod looks nice, and I would like to help you in development. I am from Hungary, so maybe I could help in translation. Secondarily, I could help with the map of Hungary. I know every cities, towns, villages, lakes, rivers, etc. Well, and I am quite good in the History if Hungary. So email me or drop a reply. Oh, and please, call me Imrahil, or Imrahil de Amroth. (i wanted to use that username, but somebody has taken it. that's not a problem of course, but i wanted to tell.) And please, don not ask me to write scripts, create models, or things like that, I can't do such things. And I am sorry for every grammar mistakes in my posts. Thanks!

When an enemy lord who thinkls that he is stronger than you attacs you, there is always the possibility to surrender. I never did that, because I don´t have any gains from it.

My suggestion: If you are outnumbered and surrender, you should have the possibility to keep your clothes and a number of soldiers, lets say, 20. That would give you the possibility to keep your companions and your own gear. Surrendering should also lower your renown, but maybe raise your honor level (because you save your men).

Ah, and hungarians are very skilled archers and horse archers. Best light cavarly after Mongols. Very good horse breeders, too. And I agree with MakeMeMove, but it would be more realistic, if you would have to pay them for releasing your soldiers and giving back your equipment.

Only if you fix your language.

And make sure you play the right version. If you talk about lag you most probably don't play the SVN version.

Not sure if this has been discussed earlier, but how come the lion in the Norwegian banner is not carrying the axe of St. Olaf? I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the axe was an essential part of the various seals and coat of arms of Norwegian kings by 1257.

Also, while we're on the subject of Norway, I find the fact that the entire southern tip of Norway is empty quite strange. The area of Agder was quite prosperous during the early middle age, and did certainly not wither completely away by 1257. The area is by no means important enough to justify a castle, but rather one single village.

Proposal:
southernnorwayvillage.jpg

Nameless123 said:
Hey can anyone give me download links for older versions????

Wrong thread. And what are you asking for? Older versions for SVN or pre10? For SVN you can switch back to an older revision with the option 'switch'.

Ritter Dummbatz said:
Nameless123 said:
Hey can anyone give me download links for older versions????

Wrong thread. And what are you asking for? Older versions for SVN or pre10? For SVN you can switch back to an older revision with the option 'switch'.
alright and where is that "switch" button??? ( i am new :wink: )

Do a right click on your folder.  TortoiseSVN -> Switch

Mark the revision option and type in the revision you want.

Now, that was easy, huh?  :wink:

Wow, lot's of suggestions here... I will not spam and repeat some of them, but I have to ask this: Is there a chance of getting all these items from XIII Century mod into this one? Your items are good, but there are too few things :sad:

To all who just tinker at 1257:

Why do not we work better as a team? We can learn from each other and 1257 is certainly better forwards.

The mod is too big for a single, right?

It's not like I'm doing the mod single-handedly- I'm just doing the coding part(and I prefer doing it alone, to be honest). There are alot of people helping and contributing.
kuauik is the art person
ntb_15 just did the troop and item revision. Also is helping me with some models.
aflyhorse is making the revision to mongolian troop tree.
Ritter Dummbatz seems to be the main tech-supporter on the forums right now.
W*r_bastard is doing scenes.
UghUghUgh was doing some scenes not long ago. I wish he would continue doing them.
Al_mansur also sent me updates on his models.
And you, Ritter-Floh, are helping me out with latin translations.

These are just the few that came out from the top of my head. There are alot more of them.
Not to mention, there were alot of people that helped out with the research: Sahran, Skandinav, Aule_the_creator, ect.

Sure we could make an "official" team if other people wish it. But I kinda like the "I do what I want" of our mod "team" - people do what they wish to do and then send it to me to include into the mod. Centralised team work might be more effective - that's true, but it would probably reduce the fun of it. Who likes when people tell them what to do in the first place? Besides, this type of teamwork seemed to work up untill now. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom