General suggestions thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that Mamluks where in much larger numbers than only a few thousand. Jean said there was 6 thousand horsemen, ( It didn't describe them in detail) they did attempt a charge,when they landed. They were armed with bows so that must have been used as you described, to make the charge have deadlier effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Horde

converted to Islam sometime betvine 1312–41

The Golden Horde (Mongolian: Züchi-iin Ulus) was a Mongol and later Turkic khanate that was established in the 13th century and formed the north-western sector of the Mongol Empire.[1] The khanate is also known as the Kipchak Khanate or as the Ulus of Jochi.[2]

The Horde's military power peaked during the reign of Uzbeg (1312–41), who adopted Islam. The territory of the Golden Horde at its peak included most of Eastern Europe from the Urals to the right banks of the Danube River, extending east deep into Siberia. In the south, the Golden Horde's lands bordered on the Black Sea, the Caucasus Mountains, and the territories of the Mongol dynasty known as the Ilkhanate.[3]

Prince of Judah said:
I thought that Mamluks where in much larger numbers than only a few thousand. Jean said there was 6 thousand horsemen, ( It didn't describe them in detail) they did attempt a charge,when they landed. They were armed with bows so that must have been used as you described, to make the charge have deadlier effect.

The total number of horsemen serving with the Mamluks of Egypt was huge, however, the number of slave soldiers, was much less, I posted numbers from David Niccolle, and I highly doubt numbers given by eye witnesses, if as you describe that they were armed with bows, then they were probably raiders, and much less than 6000 :smile: .

The listed Mongol religion should not be "Mongol (Pagan)", as in the case of the Ilkhanate, or Muslim, as in the case of the Golden Horde. It should be Tengriism - the Mongol khans derived their authority from the religion, you would think we could at least give it the right name.

The Golden Horde was not Muslim at this point in the game. Period. In fact, while the "khans of the Golden Horde" existed, they were still subjects of the Great Khan - a census by Mongke Khan was currently in process at the time the game starts! Still, the Ilkhanate and the Golden Horde should be separate for Mongol Civil War possibilities, I know, but in my opinion the Mongols in this game are massively underpowered. Horse archers are pretty impossible to utilize properly, even against infantry where they should be virtually unstoppable.

It's just silly to worry about the historical accuracy of the disc shield or whatever when we have glaring historical inaccuracies all over the campaign map. Jerusalem belonging to the KoJ is just one example. I frankly think that the Italian city-states were far more relevant in medieval history and far more worthy of faction slots than three random pagan tribes in the Baltics. Did those pagan tribes actually do anything other than get conquered in rapid succession by the Teutonic Order? Whereas the Italian states were involved in a long series of protracted, bloody wars. Don't even make them individual city states - make them a broader "league" state (call it the Holy League, even though it's totally out of place in this century, at least it's better than making them vassals of the HRE which they decidedly were not and should never have been in the first place), if you have to, though I really think the performance issues in the mod aren't stemming from the number of factions or the number of settlements because I've seen mods that perform better than this one - and have more factions!

To emphasize: it's stupid for there to be three separate Baltic tribes and then not a single Italian city state but Venice (a city far more defined by its machinations in the Med. than any sort of control it exerted over Northern Italy).

I don't like the Latin names for half the kingdoms in Europe and native names for the other half if someone on the mod team speaks the language. It's not that hard to look up - the Latin names are just arbitrary. Why does Bulgaria get a native-language name and Poland doesn't? Regnum Poloniae? It's "Królestwo Polskie" and I don't even speak the language - it was a five second Google search.

Their behavior matches that of soldiers trying to stop the landing, not raiders. Also, 6000 seems a reasonable number if it is an expeditionary force. Jean de Joinville's memoirs are one the most sober accounts left around this time. It is much more trustworthy in comparison to most accounts, which were written by Monks who didn't understand military matters well.

Lazyman said:
I thought Mongol troops were already listed as pagan?

They are, but I'm saying it's dumb to call them Pagan (Mongol) when the right name for them was Tengriist - religion name "Tengri" or "Tengriism". Similarly, I'd prefer use of "Romuva" to describe Baltic pagans, despite that word's modern connotations - it was a significant temple in Lithuania and it's a better name for that particular religious strand than the rather uninspired "Baltic pagans"

****erlord said:
It's just silly to worry about the historical accuracy of the disc shield or whatever when we have glaring historical inaccuracies all over the campaign map. Jerusalem belonging to the KoJ is just one example. I frankly think that the Italian city-states were far more relevant in medieval history and far more worthy of faction slots than three random pagan tribes in the Baltics. Did those pagan tribes actually do anything other than get conquered in rapid succession by the Teutonic Order? Whereas the Italian states were involved in a long series of protracted, bloody wars.

it's the second time that i quote you on this ... ****erlord for president

****erlord said:
Don't even make them individual city states - make them a broader "league" state (call it the Holy League, even though it's totally out of place in this century, at least it's better than making them vassals of the HRE which they decidedly were not and should never have been in the first place), if you have to, though I really think the performance issues in the mod aren't stemming from the number of factions or the number of settlements because I've seen mods that perform better than this one - and have more factions!

yes and no, i mean for the northern Italy it's not completly true: the crusade against Ezzelino of 1256 led to a new (and quite strange) guelf league with Bologna, Mantova, Trento, Brescia, Milano, Azzo d'este and after 1258 Buoso da Dovara and marquis Palavicino (cremona) so a block of city with common intent was present, but i think that represent this situation with accuracy in a mod based on warband it's quite impossible

also see firenze as a village under the sicily kingdom with Pisa as major city of the region it's really funny, in particular thinking to the notorius florentine haughtiness  :lol: ( maybe the second humiliation for the city after fiorentina juventus 0-5 during last saturday)

****erlord said:
The listed Mongol religion should not be "Mongol (Pagan)", as in the case of the Ilkhanate, or Muslim, as in the case of the Golden Horde. It should be Tengriism - the Mongol khans derived their authority from the religion, you would think we could at least give it the right name.

The Golden Horde was not Muslim at this point in the game. Period. In fact, while the "khans of the Golden Horde" existed, they were still subjects of the Great Khan - a census by Mongke Khan was currently in process at the time the game starts! Still, the Ilkhanate and the Golden Horde should be separate for Mongol Civil War possibilities, I know, but in my opinion the Mongols in this game are massively underpowered. Horse archers are pretty impossible to utilize properly, even against infantry where they should be virtually unstoppable.

It's just silly to worry about the historical accuracy of the disc shield or whatever when we have glaring historical inaccuracies all over the campaign map. Jerusalem belonging to the KoJ is just one example. I frankly think that the Italian city-states were far more relevant in medieval history and far more worthy of faction slots than three random pagan tribes in the Baltics. Did those pagan tribes actually do anything other than get conquered in rapid succession by the Teutonic Order? Whereas the Italian states were involved in a long series of protracted, bloody wars. Don't even make them individual city states - make them a broader "league" state (call it the Holy League, even though it's totally out of place in this century, at least it's better than making them vassals of the HRE which they decidedly were not and should never have been in the first place), if you have to, though I really think the performance issues in the mod aren't stemming from the number of factions or the number of settlements because I've seen mods that perform better than this one - and have more factions!

To emphasize: it's stupid for there to be three separate Baltic tribes and then not a single Italian city state but Venice (a city far more defined by its machinations in the Med. than any sort of control it exerted over Northern Italy).

I don't like the Latin names for half the kingdoms in Europe and native names for the other half if someone on the mod team speaks the language. It's not that hard to look up - the Latin names are just arbitrary. Why does Bulgaria get a native-language name and Poland doesn't? Regnum Poloniae? It's "Królestwo Polskie" and I don't even speak the language - it was a five second Google search.

Total agree regarding the Mongol at 1257 they had the larges empire the wold have ever seen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mongol_Empire_map.gif, they shod be dominating half the map or as i mention earlier change name to 1157 :smile: as the map looks more like

I think your idea with splitting them up with different khans is a great idea for Mongol Civil War possibilities and is history accurate as they did fight internally on every khans death

Regarding the unbalancing of the mongols total agree i think just a rebalancing of the Mongols bow would help. Change it to the best bow damage maybe around 55 damage( one of the sucess  factores was that they shoud penetrait armour with the strengt of the bow) and some epic ponies with better stats not the fastest but the best on manover on stamina not sure how to  the Mongol bow is still the best and strongest design to day so it shod already be the best in game now it a level 4 bow, atm the siege crossbow is one of the best that shoud be a low range weapen, the susses of crossbow was that any idiot can fire it with no traing, it was for shot range and shoud have half the fire rate of a bow, its tragedy and a joke to see the crossbow men stat fire before the bow men 

Italian city-states i dont know anything about :sad:

Astolphus said:
also see firenze as a village under the sicily kingdom with Pisa as major city of the region it's really funny, in particular thinking to the notorius florentine haughtiness  :lol: ( maybe the second humiliation for the city after fiorentina juventus 0-5 during last saturday)

Yes, because we all know that Conrad III was a very strong king who expanded into northern italy and wasn't a boy king and weak (???). [/sarcasm] I don't understand why Jerusalem and Sicily are two separate kingdoms, though.

Prince of Judah said:
Their behavior matches that of soldiers trying to stop the landing, not raiders. Also, 6000 seems a reasonable number if it is an expeditionary force. Jean de Joinville's memoirs are one the most sober accounts left around this time. It is much more trustworthy in comparison to most accounts, which were written by Monks who didn't understand military matters well.

Generally, eye witness accounts WILL be exaggerated, and there was no plan to stop a landing, since the Crusaders easily marched on to Damietta which was abandoned , hence, it was a raid .

BTW can you give me the exact passage?

My suggestion: Add warcries, so when you press the "C" button for example it starts to shouting AAAARRRRRGHH!!!! or YOU BASTARDS!!!!  :lol:

Would it be possible the when you found a crusade it would give player an option to not only lead the crusading army but also give you an option to pick an order that would replace every soldier to an order soldier? Like if you had Latin Knights, Latin Footmen, and Latin crossbows they would turn into say Templars of the same unit kind?
scaled.php

****erlord said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sadly, Italy is quite under-researched, A few months ago it was even more empty then it's currently is. If you're willing to provide an abstraction of the-political situation of Italy in 1257 with factions, settlements and similar things that we can use in the game we will likely include it in the mod.

I'm aware of the Jerusalem and will change it in somewhat near future - it's not as simple as that, because we need to think about balancing issues as well.

There are many reasons for the performance issiues. Settlement/faction count does effect it somewhat, but the biggest problem is mostly do the extended moving party count in the game.

nawbambam said:
Total agree regarding the Mongol at 1257 they had the larges empire the wold have ever seen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mongol_Empire_map.gif, they shod be dominating half the map or as i mention earlier change name to 1157 :smile: as the map looks more like

I think your idea with splitting them up with different khans is a great idea for Mongol Civil War possibilities and is history accurate as they did fight internally on every khans death
And as I mention before we won't change the date. The Mongols do control there historical area in Eastern Europe- which is basically the same thing as you shown in the map.

Godfrey de Ibelin said:
Would it be possible the when you found a crusade it would give player an option to not only lead the crusading army but also give you an option to pick an order that would replace every soldier to an order soldier? Like if you had Latin Knights, Latin Footmen, and Latin crossbows they would turn into say Templars of the same unit kind?
scaled.php
No. We try to do it historically.

Leonidas300 said:
My suggestion: Add warcries, so when you press the "C" button for example it starts to shouting AAAARRRRRGHH!!!! or YOU BASTARDS!!!!  :lol:
Press T.

Godfrey de Ibelin said:
scaled.php
No. We try to do it historically.

So leading the crusade that you payed 100000 for and making you troops of a crusade order would nor be historical?

Leading them - is probably going to be included. But having 1000 army of Templars is wrong. A simple soldier does should not realy differ from avreage Joe even if employed for the templars.

DrTomas said:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sadly, Italy is quite under-researched, A few months ago it was even more empty then it's currently is. If you're willing to provide an abstraction of the-political situation of Italy in 1257 with factions, settlements and similar things that we can use in the game we will likely include it in the mod.

I can give you an hand in the historical research about northern Italy, i have very good (professional) knowledge on it (sorry from now for the english ...)
Obviously each man has his own price, you know "a fief with castles, vineyards, herds, and beautiful pale women with big breasts" (cit.) and also i suggest a brewery or two, would be well accepted, if i succeed in the quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom