General Suggestion thread - 0.97Beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

i cant see the typing at the top in my village because of the picture in the background  :neutral: i suggest a way to move them or maybe make them smaller and to the side

Downloading now, woohoo

A suggestion from the shallowest standpoint, you could probably use some new images on the nexus page, the current ones are pretty chunky. I know it's just low settings, but hey it's a superficial suggestion. You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.... but most people invariably judge books by their cover :lol:

Everything in this looks absolutely amazing, intense visuals I daresay.

However these equiptment prices are really out of whack. As was pointed out in the previous thread, it's a bit nuts that building a huge set of walls around a town only costs you only 10,000 denars while buying a good set of armor now costs like 30,000 denars.

I say, just do away with the trade penalty that's currently in the game (IE: stuff being like 5x it's ormal price when bought at merchants) I'm sure if you bring back the normal warband trade penalty then these prices will look OK. As it is now you don't even really make much money from selling loot anyways, the largest degree of revenue comes from tournaments/manors, so you may as well just price armor and weapons reasonably and realistically. Maybe make it so torunaments pay less, if you need to balance stuff out.

Also, glaives are still uncharacterstically expensive. They are a wrought-iron blade on a stick, shoudln't be more epxensive than a sword.

Other than that everything in this version is fantastic so far. Looks incredible and plays really well.

How can i change the music? Do i only need to put in files into the folder, and overwrite the names?

For example, if i want to use the music from vanilla Warband?

I would like if you can see the children of the king in the notes of characters. There princes in the game but I would also like if their were princesses.

I noticed something odd. The crude set of mail I stole off some pirates had better stats than the Rus leather scale armour (I think it was called that, I can find out for sure later), which looked like mail with leather lammelar on top. It doesn't make sense to me that adding more armour to the mail coat would decrease the effectiveness.  :grin:

Ivan the Awesome said:
I noticed something odd. The crude set of mail I stole off some pirates had better stats than the Rus leather scale armour (I think it was called that, I can find out for sure later), which looked like mail with leather lammelar on top. It doesn't make sense to me that adding more armour to the mail coat would decrease the effectiveness.  :grin:
the items will be restated,we are only two people team,so you can expect that there will be lots of bugs

I just had a brilliant idea, and I am wondering if it would work--conquer one castle as the start of your kingdom, and build a castle from the village. This will create a new village for the original castle. Then build another castle from that village, again creating a new village. Repeat this ad nausea until you have a massive collection of castles and villages and are ready to take over the world.  :shock:

This is pretty nitpicky I guess, but these mail surcoats really shouldn't have such a length of mail on them. You did a pretty realsitic job on the old ones.

It should be a hauberk-sized piece of mail with the surcoat over top.

Though with this in mind I have a suggestion, maybe make it so the "Mail with Surcoat" armors are shorter sets of mail, and change the name of "Plated Surcoat over Mail" to just "Knightly Surcoat over Mail" and just leave the mail really long. I guess that'd be fairly realsitic as a really good set of mail at the time would probably provide excellent coverage.

I can't find the words to thank you . It seams so beautyfool . With some bugs of course but still grate job. Everythink looks prettier and I'm sure that laydis will be far more beautyfool once you fix them. Congratulations!!! I will try to download some screenshots if I manage. It worth waiting for this update.... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I wrote this some time ago, but I think it went unnoticed..
About the "Patrimonium sancti Petri":
Seeing Teodora d'Aquino as an old geezer is quite funny, because she was a woman: the mother of Tommaso d'Aquino, and was of the Caracciolo family.
I could suggest for substitution Riccardo Annibaldi, cardinal, that was the éminence grise behind the pope. (i could even post his coat of arms if needed)
If you need a kingdom pretender (not a wannabe pope, but a political challenger) I suggest: Brancaleone degli Andalò, roman senator, quite the adversary of pope Alexander, he was even imprisoned, freed by the roman citizen and died poisoned in 1258.. (ah! The lovely Italy! :grin:)

And Matteo Rosso (red) (also known as Matteo Rubeo, from latin rubis: red) was an Orsini too, so he should be "Matteo Rosso (or Rubeo) Orsini"

I would also suggest the appellative "Donna" (from the latin "domina") instead of "Sgnora" for all the italian ladies, or "Madonna" (from latin "mea domina") that was preferred for married women, it was even shortened in "Monna" (like the "Monna Lisa" of Leonardo da Vinci)
For this appellative if you want original reference scroll down
In the "Novellino" (also known as "Le cento novelle antiche" written in vulgar italian by an unknown author between 1281-1300, it's a collection of 100 comical, philosophical and tragic short stories).
Here is an excerpt from a story with married women in a court joking about their first wedding nights:

Madonna Agnesina da Bologna, istando un giorno in una corte da sollazzo [...] cominciossi monna Agnesina alle più sfacciate [....]
Allora monna Agnesina rispuose e disse: [...]

Milady Agnesina of Bologna, being one day in a court for delight [...] so begun monna Agnesina to the more shameless [...] So monna Agnesina answered, and told:[...]

Naughtius Maximus said:
I wrote this some time ago, but I think it went unnoticed..
About the "Patrimonium sancti Petri":
Seeing Teodora d'Aquino as an old geezer is quite funny, because she was a woman: the mother of Tommaso d'Aquino, and was of the Caracciolo family.
I could suggest for substitution Riccardo Annibaldi, cardinal, that was the éminence grise behind the pope. (i could even post his coat of arms if needed)
If you need a kingdom pretender (not a wannabe pope, but a political challenger) I suggest: Brancaleone degli Andalò, roman senator, quite the adversary of pope Alexander, he was even imprisoned, freed by the roman citizen and died poisoned in 1258.. (ah! The lovely Italy! :grin:)

And Matteo Rosso (red) (also known as Matteo Rubeo, from latin rubis: red) was an Orsini too, so he should be "Matteo Rosso (or Rubeo) Orsini"

I would also suggest the appellative "Donna" (from the latin "domina") instead of "Sgnora" for all the italian ladies, or "Madonna" (from latin "mea domina") that was preferred for married women, it was even shortened in "Monna" (like the "Monna Lisa" of Leonardo da Vinci)
For this appellative if you want original reference scroll down
In the "Novellino" (also known as "Le cento novelle antiche" written in vulgar italian by an unknown author between 1281-1300, it's a collection of 100 comical, philosophical and tragic short stories).
Here is an excerpt from a story with married women in a court joking about their first wedding nights:

Madonna Agnesina da Bologna, istando un giorno in una corte da sollazzo [...] cominciossi monna Agnesina alle più sfacciate [....]
Allora monna Agnesina rispuose e disse: [...]

Milady Agnesina of Bologna, being one day in a court for delight [...] so begun monna Agnesina to the more shameless [...] So monna Agnesina answered, and told:[...]
will do,post the coat of arms of that old fartass

Not entirely sure if it constitutes a suggestion but I found this website http://www.parvimilites.it/03_021montaperti.html And the third-from-last image shows something interesting. A faceplate rivetted to the mail's coif directly. The artist claims one example of a similar style of helm can be found in an English miniature from the half of the XIII century. Anyone happens to have an idea which miniature that might be?

Aside from that, though, all the coats of arms in the models were researched and belong to Florence's or Siena's families. If anyone feels like playing around with heraldry and banners, those might be neat.

Ivan the Awesome said:
Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I got a 11000 denar bonus from the Byzantine empire when I signed on as a merc. Woohoo!

You seem to get paid a lot for having a large number of high quality troops

Back
Top Bottom