General Suggestion thread - 0.97Beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi there I actually enjoyed this mod so much many thanks for the modders for making this mod talking about this timeline :smile: I liked the new features such as having manors and the lance requite system,however I suggest the following features to be added:

1- Troop tree maker for the player when he starts his own faction.
2- The ability to design your own banner .
3- A model for the city of Damascus along with the Ummayad mosque and the Qasyon mountain .
4- A model for Aleppo along with its castle.

MnBlover4life said:
Hi there I actually enjoyed this mod so much many thanks for the modders for making this mod talking about this timeline :smile: I liked the new features such as having manors and the lance requite system,however I suggest the following features to be added:

1- Troop tree maker for the player when he starts his own faction.
2- The ability to design your own banner .
3- A model for the city of Damascus along with the Ummayad mosque and the Qasyon mountain .
4- A model for Aleppo along with its castle.

I really like the idea for a troop tree maker, but i dont know how well it would work.

I have just modified my troops to be more historically accurate. Anyone interested?

Cuman, Mongol, Mamluk, similar nomadic horsemen all have bows (because using javelins as a main weapon is highly inaccurate, at least for the Cumans and the Cuman-originated Mamluks). Changed the type of arrows too, because no nomad horseman carries a quiver on his back. Changed the bow types in some cases, because these troops never used simple bows, only reflex bows.

Not done yet, but should do: eastern infantry sometimes has back-quivers, but in Byzantine and nomad-influenced territories the infantry used belt-quivers just like the cavalry along with reflex bows.

Suggested to: the masochistic Westerners, who like to attack an army armed with bows. I have an army full of Cumans (because I am one too  :twisted: )

EdmundBlackadder said:
Thvle said:
Heeey, is this mod compatible with 1.153 version?

For the 300,987,776,009th time, yes.

but is 100% compatible? in FAQ thread says:

1257 AD works with warband version 1.143. More recent versions, like 1.153, can cause several bugs. It is suggested to install a new 1.143 version of warband in a different folder.

I was just being silly. It's fine as far as I've seen, don't worry about it! Next Thursday all the bugs are going to be worked out anyway.

Thvle said:
but is 100% compatible? in FAQ thread says:

1257 AD works with warband version 1.143. More recent versions, like 1.153, can cause several bugs. It is suggested to install a new 1.143 version of warband in a different folder.
No, it is only 97% compatible.:smile:

Some suggestions:
- Less 12th century looking helmets among Western troops and more helmets of the period, that is to say cervelieres, mail coifs alone, chapels de fer and helms
- Making versions of current swords with gilded pommel and quillons
- Get rid of Native's towns map icons, absurdly square

The mod already contains three swords made by me (alsacian sword, andalusian sword an jineta). I'll ask to Blancmiles if he agree to share some swords he made for Medieval Sieges with 1257ad, for example:
1355061887-templar2.jpg

Btw DrTomas, do you think we can still add items without affecting too much the performances of the mod ?

More mail at the neck of various head armour textures? Nitpicky perhaps, but whenever I swing my weapon, my naked neck skin shows. Don't yell at me, Kuauik!

Now, it is just my impression but hadn't lithuanians get a bit de-personalized?
I mean, since 0.97 they all look like Rus to me. Is it intended? Maybe I've just fought the wrong lords - some of their troop tree names looked quite russian -, but that's what I've felt. Too much Rus equipment, too many rus helmets and rus almond shield - not many lithuanian pavise and round shields. Let me know what you think.

ANYBODY can answer me it please !!! Where can i find almogabar lance in anno domini 1257, firt i thoug that with crown of aragon i could recruit it but i cant, somebody can asnwer me if he or she do it ?¿ thanks !!

F.F.C._fritz said:
I mean, since 0.97 they all look like Rus to me. Is it intended? Maybe I've just fought the wrong lords - some of their troop tree names looked quite russian -, but that's what I've felt. Too much Rus equipment, too many rus helmets and rus almond shield - not many lithuanian pavise and round shields. Let me know what you think.

It is natural. In 13 century most of "lithuanians" was russian.

F.F.C._fritz said:
Polotck territories under Lithuanian have Ruthenian troop trees, as well as a few of there lords. While Balt troop tree do share some equipment with Ruthenians, as far as I remember, they still have a lot of there unique stuff as well. But perhaps more is needed. :smile:

The form of the shield in XIIIth. century is a debatable subject, to tell the truth. There's a few illustrations of Balts from the period with both kite shields and the Lithuanian/Prussian pavises, but little finds. Round shields is still favorite of reenactors, because most of them like to thing hardcore old school is the way to go. We decided to go with the kite as the main battle shield for Balts, with the intepretation that it was still the most fashionable thing in the region. Pavises are the new hot thing and have yet to become the dominant form.

Wladis said:
It is natural. In 13 century most of "lithuanians" was russian.
Propaganda much? At 1257 the only major Slavic population in Kingdom of Lithuania would be the Ruthenians from Pollock. As, at the time, they where vassals of Lithuania(Tho, where still very independent). But calling them Russians would be incorrect as well.

Back
Top Bottom