General Suggestion thread - 0.97Beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

I just had 1000 denars worth of Rus mercs, and 1000 denars of the moldawhateveritis mercs from Russa. still, never say no to free money, right?

GodHandApostole said:
Aside from that, though, all the coats of arms in the models were researched and belong to Florence's or Siena's families. If anyone feels like playing around with heraldry and banners, those might be neat.

And i can give some help with Venice lords and their banners

Hi guys. So I've installed the latest version of the mod, and it is fabulous. The work kuauik did is just amazing. However, I don't agree with the way some Spanish, Andalusian and North African troops have been equipped. I'll detail it when I have time, along with some little suggestions.

I just did the update and it is pretty fantastic. Women's faces still leave a little to be desired, but the men look great, and at least they are not monsters anymore.  and the armour is fantastic. Sweden is still insanely overpowered--they throw together a 1500 man strong army like it is nothing, and in less than a month they have taken pskov and velikiy luki. Tone down the scandanavian beastliness!

just so u know, 1500 is tiny compared to crusaders +2000  :wink: pretty much any decent faction in the mediterranean Sea has atleast ~1300-2000 soldiers all together

Ivan the Awesome said:
The most Novgorod can muster is around 800, so that is what I am basing it on.
Wonder what would you think when HRE is knocking on one of your faction towns with 2700 troops.

Hi,

I suggest to include a way to become a king of my faction so that I can use their troop tree - maybe some intrigue - maybe an assaination or a civil war - which if you win it - makes you king of whatever country you belonged as a vassal to - thanks - and I believe that is realistic!

I have some suggestions!

1) is it possible to make sets of music that just pertain to battle and the map seperately? i like how warband had different sets of music for battle vs overland traveling.

2) is it possible to eliminate the messages that appear and interrupt your gameplay as in "so and so have made a truce" or "so and so have gone to war" it's obnoxious with so many factions, and even silly things "like this guy stole that guys cow" every minute you're getting another message. Maybe make them just appear in the lower left with highlighted key words? like Hungary and mongols have gone to war

3) any chance of changing the models of bows from the native ones to more realistic ones? i love how there's a new crossbow model (hunting and light c bows). I actually liked mount and blades crossbow models over the steel spanned Warband models.

steelwarrior said:
Hi,

I suggest to include a way to become a king of my faction so that I can use their troop tree - maybe some intrigue - maybe an assassination or a civil war - which if you win it - makes you king of whatever country you belonged as a vassal to - thanks - and I believe that is realistic!

The idea of an option to assassinate the king and take over actually sounds really cool. Kind of Macbeth-esque. I dont know how hard it would be to implement though.

Upon reflection, I am pretty sure Novgorod is really underpowered, not that Sweden is too strong. After all, if the standard army is 2000, Sweden is actually not that great. But, the fact remains that Novgorod stood toe to toe with both Sweden and the Teutonic order and held its ground every time. This historical reality is not reflected well in the mod. Russian armies were usually larger than their western counterparts, if my memory serves me.

These Cymry Plaid Sagittarius troops need helmets. I don't want to pay 120 denars a week for a troop that gets shot in the face on every occasion.

No professional soldier would go without a helmet if they are already wearing a set of mail.

Hypno Toad said:
These Cymry Plaid Sagittarius troops need helmets. I don't want to pay 120 denars a week for a troop that gets shot in the face on every occasion.

No professional soldier would go without a helmet if they are already wearing a set of mail.
Yes they should.

DrTomas said:
Hypno Toad said:

Yes they should.

"Should" as in, should have helmet, or should as in, go without helmets even though they have mail :shock:

I recalled that they always had helmets in the svn version. The saethyyds really needed a nerf, but considering the plaid sagittarius cost so much money to maintain they may as well just have the helmet & armor and be better than the mecenary saethyyds

Hypno Toad said:
"Should" as in, should have helmet, or should as in, go without helmets even though they have mail :shock:

I recalled that they always had helmets in the svn version. The saethyyds really needed a nerf, but considering the plaid sagittarius cost so much money to maintain they may as well just have the helmet & armor and be better than the mecenary saethyyds

The Cymry merc captain cost as much as the plaid sagittarius. And why should the plaid saggitarius be better statwise? The Armiger Eques costs 5times as much as a regular merc horseman, but has the same stats, the only thing that the Armiger has, is better armour/equipment.

And I don't think that the Cymry needs to be nerfed because there are a perceived 2 dozen different units who reach 99% of the ranged capabilities of the Cymry (units  like the Kwarezmian ha mercs, Cuman Vet horse archer, Mergen Karvaach, etc.) but have way better melee stats&weapons and are mounted, and have even way better armour in many cases.

another way how to take over a fcation - if I have enough right to rule - with my five m,erc companians that would be 3x5 = 15 - ifd it still works like Vanilla - I can claim the throne - a civile war errupts - half of the Lords join me the other half the King - if I defeat them and conquer all the catsles I am thenew king...just would lov the optioon to play as a king of a real faction - not just my new one - maybe one can include the feature of killing the old king like in Brytenwalda also?

Ivan the Awesome said:
steelwarrior said:
Hi,

I suggest to include a way to become a king of my faction so that I can use their troop tree - maybe some intrigue - maybe an assassination or a civil war - which if you win it - makes you king of whatever country you belonged as a vassal to - thanks - and I believe that is realistic!

The idea of an option to assassinate the king and take over actually sounds really cool. Kind of Macbeth-esque. I dont know how hard it would be to implement though.

Upon reflection, I am pretty sure Novgorod is really underpowered, not that Sweden is too strong. After all, if the standard army is 2000, Sweden is actually not that great. But, the fact remains that Novgorod stood toe to toe with both Sweden and the Teutonic order and held its ground every time. This historical reality is not reflected well in the mod. Russian armies were usually larger than their western counterparts, if my memory serves me.

WFAS required the player who had supported the Muscovite claimant Stephan Razin to stand to compete among the nobles for election, so he could become Tsar. The claimant side of the mod is barely developed. This could allow a player to become king.

oroboros said:
Hypno Toad said:

The Cymry merc captain cost as much as the plaid sagittarius. And why should the plaid saggitarius be better statwise? The Armiger Eques costs 5times as much as a regular merc horseman, but has the same stats, the only thing that the Armiger has, is better armour/equipment.

Equiptment is by far the most improtant thing. If the plaid saggitarius only had clothing and a self bow, then the power draw 7 factor wouldn't matter very much. The reason an armiger would ask for 4x the pay is because they are lesser noblemen and they own their own mail. Mercenary horsemen aren't noblemen (they are just freemen) and they don't down mail, therefore they get payed less.

Also, I didn't say "better statwise" anywhere in that last post. The saethyyds in the last version were incredibly OP because they cost nearly the same as veteran archer units, except the had armor, helmets insane archery skills and a longbow. veteran archer units didn't have any of those things. Very OP. Now the mercenary saethyyds are better than most other archer units in terms of stats, but they have the armor that befits somebody of their rank (which is esentially that of a common freeman archer)

Plaid saggitarius on the other hand, based on their pay are most likely either noblemen, or at the least, a professional military unit. Their weekly pay implies that fact, so their armor and helmets should imply that also.

Hypno Toad said:
Equiptment is by far the most improtant thing. If the plaid saggitarius only had clothing and a self bow, then the power draw 7 factor wouldn't matter very much. The reason an armiger would ask for 4x the pay is because they are lesser noblemen and they own their own mail. Mercenary horsemen aren't noblemen (they are just freemen) and they don't down mail, therefore they get payed less.

Also, I didn't say "better statwise" anywhere in that last post. The saethyyds in the last version were incredibly OP because they cost nearly the same as veteran archer units, except the had armor, helmets insane archery skills and a longbow. veteran archer units didn't have any of those things. Very OP. Now the mercenary saethyyds are better than most other archer units in terms of stats, but they have the armor that befits somebody of their rank (which is esentially that of a common freeman archer)

Plaid saggitarius on the other hand, based on their pay are most likely either noblemen, or at the least, a professional military unit. Their weekly pay implies that fact, so their armor and helmets should imply that also.

An armiger is not necessarily a lesser nobleman or noble at all, he can also be a mounted regular soldier or man at arms, a squire, who fights for a lord or a knight. Even a knight didn't have to be a noble during this time frame because it technically was just a heavy armoured horseman, this however changed later on. Normally, every single man/soldier would own his own mail and equipment - mail+sword and such if it was a somewhat more wealthy freeman or peasant. The others came with what they had available, like some gambesons, leather stuff, helmet, spear, etc. Permanent employed soldiers, who were more the rare exception in an army during this time frame, would maybe receive the equipment from their lord. It is the higher quality equipment of the regular higher tier horseman that makes him more expensive than the merc horseman, so you are partly right (though in the game the Armiger is a few lvls higher than the merc horseman, which mainly determines the wages).

You said the Cymry should be nerfed and didn't say in which way, so I assumed that you meant their skills. I don't quite understand the rest of your post, but I think we could agree that it would be ok if the regular Cymry merc and the pre-stage plaid sagittarius have the same skills and equipment, like Cymry bowmen tunic + longbow + bodkins + low level helmet + some ****ty melee equipment, with the same wages. And the Cymry merc captain (who is as expensive as the plaid sag.) to have the same stuff and stats like the plaid sagittarius, so some mail shirt + better melee equipment + longbow + bodkins + better helmet. Because in essence the units are the same, the only difference is that while the ones have a regular employment the other ones are freelancers. I think the plaid sag. might also be considered to be an officer and therefore costs more money, like the Cymry merc cap.

Back
Top Bottom