General Suggestion thread - 0.97Beta.

Users who are viewing this thread

I would love it if you rolled back the companion system to allow us more traditional players to recruit companions in taverns. Also giving merchants more money would allow us to actually make money as well- which would be nice.

Edit: Is there a way I can give merchants more money to begin with?

Ivan the Awesome said:
ctrl+x in your inventory until you are satisfied. (enable cheats first).

why would I ever do this? I don't want to cheat, I just wish Merchants had more starting money so that they could buy my hard earned loot from me.

penquin11 said:
Ivan the Awesome said:

why would I ever do this? I don't want to cheat, I just wish Merchants had more starting money so that they could buy my hard earned loot from me.
I second this. It's almost necessary or it is a nuisance

the ship maps are too small, not enough ships for when you use battlesizer and have 250 enemies standing on a larger ship, while your 250 guys get killed trying to get up a ramp

oh, and all of the ship sails are the same colour, how are they supposed to tell friend from foe?
and the siege in damietta is still broken

oh, and the ability to change the titles of your lords, so I won't have to go into the game files
oh, and maybe the ability to choose the type of armies your lord recruit, not based on location, so you can make an all-scandanavian army? just a suggestion, I'm fine with the way it is

oh, and the templar and teutonic orders I made in my two manors only gave me knights once, now the priest says I already have knights at my command, while all of them are dead

oh, and I suggest hugs for everyone, and rainbows

penquin11 said:
Ivan the Awesome said:

oh, sorry. I thought you wanted to start with more money when you play as a traveling merchant.

Histoire d'Outremer by William of Tyre, copy from Northern France, between 1232 and 1261, ms Yates Thompson 12
attachment.php

Histoire d'Outremer by William of Tyre, Military Images
Godfrey of Bouillon
Siege of Nicea
Baldwin
Siege of Antioch
Battle outside Antioch & large image
Bishop Adhemar
Siege of Jerusalem
Godfrey of Bouillon
Godfrey and Baldwin
Bohemund and Daimbert
Ebremars, Archbishop of Caesarea
Assault on Tyre
Coronation of Foulques & large image
Emperor John & large image
Death of Sanguius
Battle
Patriarch of Antioch
Nureddin, Sultan of Damascus
Amaury and Mary
Saladin ravaging the Holy Land
Siege

Histoire d'Outremer called the Lyon Eracles, 1280 - Lyon BV Ms P.A. 29

Histoire d'Outremer par Guillaume de Tyr, Saint-Jean-d'Acre, c.1280 - Lyon BM Ms 828
attachment.php

Peter the Hermit leading the First Crusade
The bishop of Puy Adhemar de Monteil leading the departure of the crusader barons (late 1096-early 1097)
Raymond de Saint-Gilles besieging Nicaea (June 1097)
Antioch
Bohemond besieging Antioch (late 1097-mid 109:cool:
Crusaders before Jerusalem (June 1099)
Godfrey of Bouillon and the Crusaders in prayer at the Holy Sepulchre; Election of Godfrey of Bouillon as Advocate of the Holy Sepulchre (July 1099)
Crusaders besieging Tyre (1124)
Crusaders besieging Damascus (114:cool:
Louis VII, Conrad III and Baldwin III; Crusaders besieging Damascus (114:cool:
The Crusaders besieging Bilbeis (116:cool:

Histoire d'Outremer - French translation with continuation until 1275, Acre,  c.1287 - Boulogne-sur-mer Ms 142
attachment.php

Godfrey of Bouillon and Adhemar bishop of Puy ride with their men to the Holy Land
large image of Godfrey of Bouillon and Adhemar bishop of Puy ride with their men to the Holy Land
Turks and Armenians meeting at the foot of a mountain and signing a peace treaty
Godfrey of Bouillon and the Crusaders attacking Antioch
Taking of Antioch
large image of the Taking of Antioch
Delivery of a message ... the Emperor Alexis by two Crusaders
Coronation of King Baldwin I of Jerusalem
John II Comnenus besieging Caesarea Antioch (Shaizar) (113:cool: / Raymond of Poitiers Count of Antioch and Josselin II Count of Edessa playing chess
Torture of Amaury de Limoges Patriarch of Antioch by Renaud de Châtillon Prince of Antioch

MIRROR SITE
Histoire d'Outremer by William of Tyre, copy from Northern France, between 1232 and 1261, ms Yates Thompson 12
Histoire d'Outremer by William of Tyre, Military Images
Godfrey of Bouillon
Siege of Nicea
Baldwin
Siege of Antioch
Battle outside Antioch & large image
Bishop Adhemar
Siege of Jerusalem
Godfrey of Bouillon
Godfrey and Baldwin
Bohemund and Daimbert
Ebremars, Archbishop of Caesarea
Assault on Tyre
Coronation of Foulques & large image
Emperor John & large image
Death of Sanguius
Battle
Patriarch of Antioch
Nureddin, Sultan of Damascus
Amaury and Mary
Saladin ravaging the Holy Land
Siege

Histoire d'Outremer called the Lyon Eracles, 1280 - Lyon BV Ms P.A. 29

Histoire d'Outremer par Guillaume de Tyr, Saint-Jean-d'Acre, c.1280 - Lyon BM Ms 828
Peter the Hermit leading the First Crusade
The bishop of Puy Adhemar de Monteil leading the departure of the crusader barons (late 1096-early 1097)
Raymond de Saint-Gilles besieging Nicaea (June 1097)
Antioch
Bohemond besieging Antioch (late 1097-mid 109:cool:
Crusaders before Jerusalem (June 1099)
Godfrey of Bouillon and the Crusaders in prayer at the Holy Sepulchre; Election of Godfrey of Bouillon as Advocate of the Holy Sepulchre (July 1099)
Crusaders besieging Tyre (1124)
Crusaders besieging Damascus (114:cool:
Louis VII, Conrad III and Baldwin III; Crusaders besieging Damascus (114:cool:
The Crusaders besieging Bilbeis (116:cool:

Histoire d'Outremer - French translation with continuation until 1275, Acre,  c.1287 - Boulogne-sur-mer Ms 142
Godfrey of Bouillon and Adhemar bishop of Puy ride with their men to the Holy Land
large image of Godfrey of Bouillon and Adhemar bishop of Puy ride with their men to the Holy Land
Turks and Armenians meeting at the foot of a mountain and signing a peace treaty
Godfrey of Bouillon and the Crusaders attacking Antioch
Taking of Antioch
large image of the Taking of Antioch
Delivery of a message ... the Emperor Alexis by two Crusaders
Coronation of King Baldwin I of Jerusalem
John II Comnenus besieging Caesarea Antioch (Shaizar) (113:cool: / Raymond of Poitiers Count of Antioch and Josselin II Count of Edessa playing chess
Torture of Amaury de Limoges Patriarch of Antioch by Renaud de Châtillon Prince of Antioch
Druzhina
Illustrations of Soldiers

Great mod, yet I get a ton of lag with it and sometimes it glitches and I have to quit Mount and Blade. Probably because the map is so huge.

Othr said in another thread that there will be tweaks, presumably for funky things like the floating helmet that looks like a willy. I hope they will allow people to upload scenes in the 1257 mod forum, if people want to have unique scenes for Jerusalem and whatever else.

The Mamluks really needed more cities. They seem a bit too weak.

Apart from few certain locations there should be no Mongol/Tatar recruitment in Anatolia, we can't even recruit Turkmens in Anatolia but there are a hell of Mongol camps ?

And why the hell exactly Attalia, Sozopolis and few more settlements probably are under the Byzantine rule ? they were conquered decades ago.

It is sad to here this great mod is coming to an end/finish. I just hope the 3 winged helms are added back in. thanks for the time you all took to make this for all to enjoy. SALUTE

Illustrations from
Maqamat of al-Hariri
The Maqamat ('Assemblies') are a collection of amusing stories told by the merchant al-Harith about a peripatetic rogue named Abu Zaid.

Illustrations from Maqamat of al-Hariri, Bibliothèque nationale de France, Paris, manuscript Arabe 6094, dated 619H, 1222-23AD
attachment.php

Illustrations from Maqamat of al-Hariri, St. Petersburg Branch of the Institute of Oriental Studies, manuscript C-23 of c. 1225-35
attachment.php

Illustrations from Maqamat of al-Hariri, Bibliothèque nationale de France, manuscript Arabe 5847, 1237AD
attachment.php

Illustrations from Maqamat of al-Hariri, Bibliothèque nationale de France, manuscript Arabe 3929, (al-Wasiti) 2nd quarter of 13th century
or selected Maqamat folios with camels, horses or weapons  with larger images
attachment.php

Illustrations from Maqamat of al-Hariri, Suleymaniye Library manuscript Esad Efendi 2916 of 1242-1258AD
Esad Efendi 2916_006.jpg

Illustrations from Maqamat of al-Hariri, Vienna manuscript of 1334AD
attachment.php

Illustrations from Maqamat of al-Hariri, Bodleian Library, University of Oxford manuscript Marsh 458 of 1337
attachment.php

Bedouin Tribesmen in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291 by Ian Heath based on the Maqamat of al-Hariri
Moslem Musicians in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291 by Ian Heath based on the Maqamat of al-Hariri
Saracen Standards in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291 by Ian Heath based on the Maqamat of al-Hariri
Moslem Horses in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291 by Ian Heath based on the Maqamat of al-Hariri
A pack camel in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291 by Ian Heath based on the Maqamat of al-Hariri

MIRROR SITE:
Maqamat of al-Hariri

Druzhina
Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

After the last replies received from Dr. Thomas and Kuauaik, I wonder what's the point of all this.
I mean, I like it... al this research... But, "qui prodest" ?

Back
Top Bottom