General Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Michlo said:
AssociateHospitaller said:
Black-knight-blues said:
No problems, just a question.
Will this mod work with steam by the next update?
I like to chat with my bros while burning villages.

Just add the Warband Script Extender to steam as a "Non-Steam Game", then you'll get the overlay.

Are you sure about that?  It didn't work for me.  I've not been able to get the Steam overlay.
(
well you can just go on configure and tick off the enable version check. do that and the game wont update if u wanna be sure go on steam (program) Find mount and blade and right click, go on properties and go updates, and the option will say keep this game updated make it to dont update this game. there problem solved

with the new recuitment sysdem are you planing a new "kind of" troop  tree where units are upgraded to higher veterian levels insted of diffrent troop types like  recuirt - soldier - regulare - expericed - veterian - elite?

doomdoging said:
with the new recuitment sysdem are you planing a new "kind of" troop  tree where units are upgraded to higher veterian levels insted of diffrent troop types like  recuirt - soldier - regulare - expericed - veterian - elite?

If this ‘troop line’ system is implemented it can serve as another way to obtain veteran troops. For example; your peasant recruit Sarranid Archer ranks up “recruit - soldier - regular - experienced - veteran - elite”. When he gains the rank veteran or above, you can recruit him as a veteran troop.

Also; any veteran troop you recruit, e.g. Sarranid Mamluke, can only be improved once to elite.

I created a suggestion ticket for this idea.
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/windyplains/tickets/870--troop-line--system#/activity/ticket:

Hi,

Now that the new recruitment system rolled in, I have observed that the cpt of the guard serves little purpose. He can't recruit troops automatically, he just gives patrols and discounts If he/she has the necessary perks. Why he can't recruit troops?

If I remember correctly (the words I say the most on this forum) Windyplains stated that it will be able to do it again in a future version.

Larmantine said:
Now that the new recruitment system rolled in, I have observed that the cpt of the guard serves little purpose. He can't recruit troops automatically, he just gives patrols and discounts If he/she has the necessary perks. Why he can't recruit troops?
v0.15.10 Change log:
  • Garrison Training.  This feature has been disabled until it can be redesigned.
  • Garrison Recruitment.  This feature has been disabled until it can be redesigned.  It is naturally occurring in every center on a weekly basis with v0.15 except instead of adding these troops to your garrison they’re being added to the available recruit pool.

Windyplains said:
Larmantine said:
v0.15.10 Change log:
  • Garrison Training.  This feature has been disabled until it can be redesigned.
  • Garrison Recruitment.  This feature has been disabled until it can be redesigned.  It is naturally occurring in every center on a weekly basis with v0.15 except instead of adding these troops to your garrison they’re being added to the available recruit pool.

Ah, sorry to trouble you then, didn't notice it when reading the changelog, I guess.

No worries.  There were a lot of notes in that change log.  I wonder at times if folks would prefer more paraphrasing, but I know that I personally prefer details.

Alright the morale of this game is pretty confusing to me in this game, but is there a way to counter the recent event morale?

I have a question also regarding level up on both companion and troops in relation with training skill, I already read and search in the Silvertag Wiki maybe I miss it but I can't find the answer.

When the experience are share after the battle do the troops also level up and their attribute and skill increasing? I mean I need to know this in order to know the importance of "trainer" skill.

I don't know if it just me but my companion in leveling is left so far behind than me. For example my strength already reach 21 while most of my companion are still below level 5, the highest is Bunduk he is level 9. Is the system on companion leveling up been alter? In order to trainer skill to be function? thanks. 

haroon said:
I have a question also regarding level up on both companion and troops in relation with training skill, I already read and search in the Silvertag Wiki maybe I miss it but I can't find the answer.

When the experience are share after the battle do the troops also level up and their attribute and skill increasing? I mean I need to know this in order to know the importance of "trainer" skill.
Yes, they take a cut of the experience.  No, it does not help them progress in any way.  The trainer skill is very useful in that it reduces the cost of hiring new troops which is something you're likely to use on a regular basis.  For companions it has a number of uses based upon their abilities and what position you've assigned them to.

I don't know if it just me but my companion in leveling is left so far behind than me. For example my strength already reach 21 while most of my companion are still below level 5, the highest is Bunduk he is level 9. Is the system on companion leveling up been alter? In order to trainer skill to be function? thanks.
Companion leveling has always been a bit slow in Native.  Silverstag provided additional methods for speeding it up by assigning them to party roles, but they definitely won't keep pace with your character as they can't begin to keep up with your kill count.

Windyplains said:
haroon said:

Yes, they take a cut of the experience.  No, it does not help them progress in any way.  The trainer skill is very useful in that it reduces the cost of hiring new troops which is something you're likely to use on a regular basis.  For companions it has a number of uses based upon their abilities and what position you've assigned them to.

Companion leveling has always been a bit slow in Native.  Silverstag provided additional methods for speeding it up by assigning them to party roles, but they definitely won't keep pace with your character as they can't begin to keep up with your kill count.

That is interesting, so if to function a companion in a party role also will make them farming more experience? it really good! So I can sign up someone like Ymira or Marnid which start in low level on this role to boost up their experience.

I hope I can play as companion in tournament :razz: so I can help their leveling because it the experience bonus is so rewarding in tournament and it really a very nice tournament concept!

While the above may be true, I used Trainer as a massive failsafe to keep companions atleast somewhat near me in level.  I used this to great effect in my 1.41 game and now ...now trainer feels like its barely worth getting. 

Are the new items going to be integrated into the troops and lords of existing factions? I'm thinking of Narf's Rus armors in particular, but the same goes for the rest of them.

Yarrum said:
Are the new items going to be integrated into the troops and lords of existing factions? I'm thinking of Narf's Rus armors in particular, but the same goes for the rest of them.
The existing troops of factions are going to be completely replaced, but yes, the newer armors are intended for use.

I've got a question regarding making your own banner, if yall dont mind assiting me, seem to be quite active in assistance here.

I use the standard banner pack that is out there, and it provides all the templates etc...

The only thing I do not grasp is how to actually implement my edited version of my banner.

What do I save it as specifically, and how do I determine what I am replacing?

(for me as far as i can tell) my edited template needs to be saved as a flags_a-f(?).

Say I am done editing my template using MS Paint.

------------------------

What do I do from there to have it in game...and how do i determine at what cost, by replacing another.

You're looking for banners_a.dds (or _b/c/d/e/f.dds) and that is a grid of several banners.  You will want to edit your banner into that image file, but make sure they line up properly or you will end up with banner B stretched over into banner A.  If you add it to the banner dds file correctly it will automatically be added into the game.  The only issue is that if you like using heraldic armor then you'd need to find the correct color code to match that armor (for the back) and it would need to be changed in the module system.

You can see examples of this here in ticket #820.

aha i see now I have to actually insert the image not just save as a file.

very good, much appreciated.

rhaeloth: If you need any additional assitance when it comes to banners I am always willing to help.  I've been working on a series of banners for inclusion in Silverstag

Back
Top Bottom