#GENERAL INFO#, Old Mod Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Heyho!
I think it's time for another screenshot session.
Well, I took a little break from programming and played arround with the scene editor.
This is the result.

Let's take a look on the first siege scene with completely destructible enviroment.
I made this litte fortress just to show off the destruction mechanics.
spm297mv.jpg
2b8n9ujv.jpg
9fj6vshy.jpg
9wj5x8gh.jpg

Ok, now let's shoot some **** at the walls to see the dynamic destruction levels working.
rfidu7fg.jpg
unxmhjvn.jpg
w9per8ob.jpg
ylhhq3h4.jpg
gyfggfbg.jpg
tgfqrqj6.jpg
xput6skb.jpg

And here comes another battle scene.
It shows off the new cave system... enjoy!
nhp4fxp9.jpg
p9psan6v.jpg
8azzhhbq.jpg
h2xihqr4.jpg
nrryrs2g.jpg
md84x2vy.jpg
9yrgjzys.jpg

It's already april and there's no official release yet?...
Well it's rather a problem of getting more game server for BoE (especialy american ones), than the current state of development.
We also want release a trailer at the same time the mod comes out, so please be patient.
I know that you guys waited so long for the official release, but there's still a ****load of work to do (mostly publicity stuff).

See ya!

It looks very good. I like the destruction system. But how is the AI going to react to it? As you well know, there are AI meshes which determine the path for the troops, and it cannot be adapted dynamically.

The Bowman said:
It looks very good. I like the destruction system. But how is the AI going to react to it? As you well know, there are AI meshes which determine the path for the troops, and it cannot be adapted dynamically.
You can't alter the AI mesh mid-round, but the AI's target position.
In this way you can create a workarround.. requires a ****load of coding, but its possible.

I would also preview 3 new scenes and Ache would preview his own as well, but I have to redo the flora now since trees are no longer in groups but separated because trees are also fellable by cannons.

As Sebastian said, the mod really needs more publicity!

Sherlock Holmes said:
I would also preview 3 new scenes and Ache would preview his own as well, but I have to redo the flora now since trees are no longer in groups but separated because trees are also fellable by cannons.

As Sebastian said, the mod really needs more publicity!

As for me, may nothing stop you from doing so. :razz:

If you guys need an American server, I could talk to Peasant, who owns the Avalon Gaming Community, maybe we could hook you up. 

And yet another post... :wink:
As you may know, an essential feature of BoE will be the persistent online character development.
You can gain experience and gold during a multiplayer match which allows you to create builds and to buy equipment on our website.

Besides the needed ingame programming (which is allmost my department), a big part has been developed by GuiKa.
GuiKa is working on the website, web service, database and the BoE Launcher.
He's really a guy who makes things work.

I'm gonna show you some pictures of our website; www.battleofeurope.net
The website is still heavily in progress, but I think its worth to offer you a little sneak peek.
So here we go, many functions are already implemented.
2w9aenxp.jpg
7um73dkb.jpg
fvm4fflu.jpg
qvqeeuu9.jpg
hu54zyzy.jpg
s3ae5i4j.jpg
ml3eq7s5.jpg

And now some ingame screens of the online character development.
pqxrz4jq.jpg
lopq7e8a.jpg
b7mdyblw.jpg
dp4f9hks.jpg

Froi said:
If you guys need an American server, I could talk to Peasant, who owns the Avalon Gaming Community, maybe we could hook you up. 
Thanks for the offer mate, I'll contact you if we get in trouble with renting NA servers.

I'm not sure if I'm too easily impressed or not, because from what I've seen and played, the mod looks good enough to release already.

Sadly I think it is. It's a bit historically inaccurate, considering the flintlock mechanism was only introduced about 100 years after this mod takes place.

VonTawast said:
Sadly I think it is. It's a bit historically inaccurate, considering the flintlock mechanism was only introduced about 100 years after this mod takes place.

And only came in use in the very late 17th century.

@ Sebastian

Ah, gotcha. WFAS guys have proper wheellock models, albeit from the 17th century, and as far as I know, their content has been open source, so you could perhaps get it from there.

Back
Top Bottom