#GENERAL INFO#, Old Mod Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Great mod, let's hope many people don't come here asking for release date. All that in one year? Impressive.

Nick: EFREM
Steam: EFREM
Why?: I'm very interested in the historical period the mod is set, I love the combination of firearms and pikes with old medieval armoury, heraldry etc. I think Warband really needs a mod like yours.  I'd really like to be a tester of BoE, I have been watching your previews since a while and I'm looking forward to play  Campaign in singleplayer.  if my help can be useful testing multiplayer let me know, at your service guys  :grin:

Nick: Corsair95
Steam: corsar95
Why?: I like this historical period, the mix of firearms and pikes, Medieval and Renaissance . I look forward to play the multiplayer, to lvl.  I hope you need at least one more tester :smile:

@EFREM and corsar95
Check out your inbox.

This is the last time we accept new testers and I think nearly 60 testers are enough so far.
Please dont write a testers-application anymore.

Anyway... the open alpha releases within the next 2 months, so it will be available for you all soon.

Cheers.

Why the heck would you do an open alpha? Releasing the mod that far little in development will not be good. Wait for the full release, after all testing is done, bugs are fixed, etc. These "open alpha" mods die out fast, because people play for so early on, they get bored.

One doesn't simply get bored of BoE...People play it all day, all time even when there's like 3-4 men on it's fun.

kpetschulat said:
Why the heck would you do an open alpha? Releasing the mod that far little in development will not be good. Wait for the full release, after all testing is done, bugs are fixed, etc. These "open alpha" mods die out fast, because people play for so early on, they get bored.
This what he calls alpha is for many mods almost release :wink: Trust me, there are so many new gameplay features *-*

Ok guys sorry for being inactive slightly(got some of my own projects  :roll:), my next moves would be to redo and polish the current scenes(port some of the native ones to BoE style). Then I'll be starting on some rather unique and peculiar scenes....with the BoE shaders, only epicness can come.
Stay tuned.

kpetschulat said:

Normally true, but a mod of this quality with a committed developer won't die out and the open alpha will be helpful.

Well, I had much fun with Civil War in Russia, Calradia Modern Warfarre and WWII In China for SP, they were all alpha or test versions.

I seem to have a problem downloading the mod from your steam group. When the download is completed google chrome is detecting a potential virus and deleats it.

Confused now, is this mod released? Where can I download it? Or that talk about download above is a beta test?

djogloc02 said:
Confused now, is this mod released? Where can I download it? Or that talk about download above is a beta test?
It's still a closed alpha.

We're preparing another major patch right now, which we probably gonna release within the next two weeks.
Then, after some potential fixes, there might be an official release.

Cheers!

Good evening fellas!

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, we worked hard on the last major patch before the open alpha release.
And here it is... check it out;
Code:
v0.444 (February 26, 2014)
(Sebastian) fixed deployable stuff wont be destroyed by artillery or grenades
(Sebastian) rewrote scene prop movement scripts, increased performance
(Sebastian) fixed some troops are part of the wrong faction
(Sebastian) reworked mutiplayer faction troops
(Sebastian) fixed visual issues on some items
(Sebastian) added an update button to the multiplayer equipment screen which updates stats and inventory of the online troop
(Sebastian) added a scrollbar to multiplayer equipment screen to allow unlimited amount of items
(Sebastian) admins now can select all items on multiplayer equipment screen
(Sebastian) replaced the tutorial with a map editor in main menu, completely removed all tutorials
(Sebastian) wrote a new realistic physics engine for moving scene props like cannon balls
(Sebastian) fixed huge sound delays due to wrong positions
(Sebastian) implemented construction material for engineers, which limits the amount of constructible stuff
(Sebastian) implemented a new pannel for admins to manage players
(Sebastian) fixed resistance skill has no effect on shields
(Sebastian) added damage reports of shields and scene props
(Sebastian) implemented new score system which effects money and experience
(Sebastian) added overhead thrust attack for one handed polearms
(Kanuni) added more historical characters
(Kanuni) updated, renamed and added many settlements
(Sebastian) fixed bow-draw-timer wont reset after releasing/canceling the shot
(Sebastian) fixed negative damage values of ranged weapons due to wrong calculations
(Sebastian) fixed several skill damage modifier calculation issues
(GuiKa, Sebastian) implemented advanced upkeep system for online characters
(GuiKa, Sebastian) optimized several http requests/responses and reduced the amount
(Kanuni, Sebastian) balanced melee weapons and shields
(Sebastian) added secondary modes to many melee weapons
(Sebastian) implemented new melee weapons
(Sebastian) reworked ingame map editor menu and optimized several presentations
(Sebastian) implemented several new and completely destructible wall pieces
(Sebastian) fixed scene props which spawned during a round wont disappear on next round
(Kanuni, Sebastian) balanced armors
(Sebastian) fixed several script issues and removed dublicated and unused entries
(Sebastian) enhanced destruction mechanics
(Sebastian) horses now grunt when getting hit or loosing blood
(Sebastian) removed the ability to block and thrust with bows, swings remain unchanged
(Sebastian) agent hands now have hitboxes
(Sebastian) improved shield bash mechanics
(Sebastian) balanced horses
(Sebastian) rebalanced the stamina system
(Sebastian) fixed stamina on first spawn isnt set to its maximum
(Sebastian) fixed endless cannonball bouncing and enhanced its mechanics
(GuiKa) made a launcher for the client
(GuiKa) improved the responsivity of the site
(GuiKa) optimized the shop loading of items
(GuiKa) fixed some random bugs due to stats not updating when refreshing
(GuiKa) added apis for upkeep and score
(GuiKa) improved the architecture of the client application
(GuiKa) added user tracking (retirement, upkeep and ticks)
(GuiKa) added clan system
(Sebastian) readded accidently removed scene props
(Sebastian) fixed wrong xp and gold values of tick messages
(Sebastian) fixed spectators and non-spawned players gain xp and gold
(Sebastian) fixed server appears as player in the "Manage Players" menu
(Sebastian) set xp/gold score bonus minimun to 0, no negative values possible anymore
(Sebastian) fixed graphical issues of the "Mod Menu" menu
(Sebastian) fixed visual issues on some weapons
(Sebastian) fixed wrong values of server-settings sever/clients events
(Sebastian) fixed players sometimes disappear from the scoreboard
(Sebastian) fixed necessary scene prop slots wont synchronize between server and client when it joins the server
(Sebastian) added kills and deaths to the "tick" http request

As you can see we're working nonstop to ensure an early release of the open alpha.
There will be a few minor patches to guarantee an almost bug-free public release version, so please be patient.

btw... Sherlock is gonna post some pictures of his scenery work soon!

See yaa!

Back
Top Bottom