#GENERAL INFO#, Old Mod Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I have improved Agincourt, added wheat fields and of course grape fields(we're in France after all), added a lot of stuff around for overall atmosphere and such. I'll post screenshots when i can, but until then, I'm thinking which historical scenes would you like the most to see in our MP. All of them will be just as immersive as Agincourt(Which is pretty badass). So you guys keep the suggestions coming, and if the High Tribe Chief Sebastian says yes, it'll be implemented.

gokiller said:
The town looks a bit empty and deserted. Is this intended or?

Nope, that's one of the things i improved, added a lot of props around and stuff, backdoor farms, wheat fields, grapes. But in a way, it is meant to be deserted, since they're all on the barricades or hiding in their homes from the armies of France and England.

This mod is looking great however PLEASE release a single player campaign.  Multiplayer could become void of people in a few months but single player can be enjoyed for years. 

Also would it be possible to add Irish units such as Kerns and Gallowglass units and their corresponding equipment?  It is such a fascinating period of warfare there and this era that you are working on actually covers the golden age of old Gaelic warfare.  Thank you!

I have a question concerning computer specs, if you can run native will you be able to run this? or will this be like several other mods, on 64 bit only?

for me personally, i would only play this if there was a single player campaign. just my personal opinion but its the single player that makes warband

Dion/Folcwar said:
I have a question concerning computer specs, if you can run native will you be able to run this? or will this be like several other mods, on 64 bit only?

For me it runs nicely. But, my PC is rather good. I'd say that if you can run native, then you can run this decently.

Nick: Hazzard
Steam: The Potato Men
Why?: It looks new and interesting. And so pretty.

Edit:
For more constructive things, about units.

What's the goal with this? Have a few generic units like "archer" and give them a variety of equipment to represent different groups, so the difference between a Yeoman and a Welsh mercenary is equipment? Or to have one class designated as "Welsh Bowman" and one as "Yeoman," both being archers but with different equipment.
I have no idea because I haven't played it, but it's something I was wondering about.

Oh dear... real life has catched me again.
Sorry for being that inactive in the past weeks.

So...
wargod2009 said:
Also would it be possible to add Irish units such as Kerns and Gallowglass units and their corresponding equipment?  It is such a fascinating period of warfare there and this era that you are working on actually covers the golden age of old Gaelic warfare.  Thank you!
Well, the troops are still in progress and many new ones are coming soon.. so yaa Irish troops will be in.

Dion/Folcwar said:
Native is less demanding than BoE.
The graphics are enhanced and we're going to improve them even more in the future, so there is a small performance hit indeed. But we also improved the LOD's alot, which means that the decrease in performance isn't that big at all.
It works well on 32bit of course.

Hazzardevil said:
For more constructive things, about units.

What's the goal with this? Have a few generic units like "archer" and give them a variety of equipment to represent different groups, so the difference between a Yeoman and a Welsh mercenary is equipment? Or to have one class designated as "Welsh Bowman" and one as "Yeoman," both being archers but with different equipment.
I have no idea because I haven't played it, but it's something I was wondering about.
Right now, the only difference between units of the same type(archers, xbowmen, pikemen..etc) is the equipment. Attributes and skills are predefined to ensure a quicker progress of the troop creation, we might assign unique values for each troop later.

That's it, time to get back to modding.
See ya!

So how high are the goals here?
Are you guys trying to get up there with 1257AD and L'Aigle?
Work at it and people will come! I know I'll be supporting the mod and hopefully people will see the signatures around the forum.

Illustrations of the
Entry of Emperor Charles V in Augsburg, 1530, by Jörg Breu the Elder
Six armoured horsemen with crossbow
A general and a herald with landskenechts
Four noblemen with guards in saiones
Burgundian trumpeter and cavalry with crossbow
Nine noblemen plus spearmen
King Ferdinand, Emperor Charles V, Count Palatine Frederick and the papal legate Campeggio with guards in saiones
Three youthful horsemen
Ten Hungarian lancers
attachment.php

MIRROR SITE
Entry of Emperor Charles V in Augsburg, 1530, by Jörg Breu the Elder

Druzhina
Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Donations
If you want to support the development with it's running expenses for servers, domains and software licences,
then click on the donation button below.
Any help, even the smallest donation would help alot and will be very appreciated!
The biggest part goes to devs who pay for servers, domains and services with running expenses.
The rest will be splitted to all devs according to thier amount of work.
In case that you wont see the donation button click HERE.

Does that mean when I donate, some of my money is going to a guy, so he can save up for a nice pair of shoes?

Froi said:
Donations
If you want to support the development with it's running expenses for servers, domains and software licences,
Any help, even the smallest donation would help alot and will be very appreciated!
The biggest part goes to devs who pay for servers, domains and services with running expenses.

Does that mean when I donate, some of my money is going to a guy, so he can save up for a nice pair of shoes?

Can't see any button and can't clic "HERE"...

Froi said:
Donations

No, that basically means that time the other devs put into modding is going to be paid, as they could've been somewhere else earning cash  :wink:

Happy new year guys!
The open alpha release comes closer and closer, it might take another month or two to get it ready.
Many fancy features have been implemented since the latest release.

Sir_Newton said:
So how high are the goals here?
Are you guys trying to get up there with 1257AD and L'Aigle?
Work at it and people will come! I know I'll be supporting the mod and hopefully people will see the signatures around the forum.
Well I assume you mean the popularity, right?
Our community grows constantly and once we release the open alpha, I'm sure we'll get a huge fan base then.

mike56 said:
Can't see any button and can't clic "HERE"...
I've changed the OP a bit and added a direct link to the donation site.

You guys can check out the payout-calculation here;
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boe-dt/discussions/2/810938082274244501/

Back
Top Bottom