General History Questions thread

Users who are viewing this thread

To be perfectly honest, their latest attempt is responsible for that. Men in black would never got so much credit if people wouldn't stand behind them when they became symbol of fighting against dem commies.

Edgar Allan Poe said:
Some would say otherwise.

Aha! so an empire which would persecute the Polish language, send Poles to gulags/Siberia and execute any who created Polish independence movements (I only speak of Poles as those are the only facts I know off the top of me head), would be better than the EU, which although has its own agenda and certainly dislikes a strong and independent Poland, still does not equate to the Russian empire.
It's like the people who claim the Soviet Union was better than the current EU etc.

@Его Высокопревосходит; ah yes those lovely Bolsheviks that slaughtered 100,000 Poles before ww2.
I know some comment are meant to be sarcastic, just clarifying the facts here.

Almalexia said:
Not everything is about the Poles, smh.

I know, which is why I did state that the only reason I mentioned them was because those were the concrete facts I know, and due to my personal connection expressed my feelings about the Russian Empire. I first began by defending the Finns.
I don't twist everything to be about the Poles, but Russian and Polish history do intersect a lot.

The Polish are one of the most inconsequential cultures of Europe. Begone, peasant. Your lands to belong to us three now.

Dystopian said:
The Polish are one of the most inconsequential cultures of Europe. Begone, peasant. Your lands to belong to us three now.

dOF5r2n.jpg

This irked me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomoyuki_Yama****a
This chap was executed for war crimes.
His troops committed the crimes without him even ordering them.
And apparently he wasn't even aware of the crimes at the time.
The American even admitted he didn't order it nor know about it.

why was he executed?
Hes supposedly a Japanese version of Rommel who was very honnorable.
From the geneva convention said:
was that a commander can be held accountable before the law for the crimes committed by his troops even if he did not order them, did not stand by to allow them, or possibly even know about them or have the means to stop them.
Wut.  :neutral:

Serpent Of Eden said:
This irked me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomoyuki_Yama****a
This chap was executed for war crimes.
His troops committed the crimes without him even ordering them.
And apparently he wasn't even aware of the crimes at the time.
The American even admitted he didn't order it nor know about it.

why was he executed?
Hes supposedly a Japanese version of Rommel who was very honnorable.
From the geneva convention said:
was that a commander can be held accountable before the law for the crimes committed by his troops even if he did not order them, did not stand by to allow them, or possibly even know about them or have the means to stop them.
Wut.  :neutral:
Agreed, the Yama****a standard is a farce. As Yama****a said himself 'I am being trailed for losing the war'.
Plus the overwhelming use of hearsay evidence and a complete omission of evidence supporting that he had no knowledge of the atrocities. They also executed his chief of staff.
Soviet commanders allowed for many atrocities, yet as they won the war, they were untouchable.
his final statement on the gallows is quite something though. So humble and respectful of even his prosecutors and executor.

A bureaucracy has only so much capacity to critically consume litigation.
In one as big as the American military there will always be mistakes made.
It wouldn't surprise me if this were a case of bureaucratic oversight.

Back
Top Bottom