General discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Wasn't this released last summer? Think I saw it on steam and some youtubers made play-troughs of it. Diplexheated is the only one I remember doing it tough.

Efe Karacar said:
Already released? Wasn't aware of that. :smile:

I will try asap.

You can buy it right now on steam as it is in early access.

I also think its discounted right now and the price will be raised once it comes out tomorrow.

mebbwebb said:
Efe Karacar said:
Already released? Wasn't aware of that. :smile:

I will try asap.

You can buy it right now on steam as it is in early access.

I also think its discounted right now and the price will be raised once it comes out tomorrow.

Will the price really raise tomorrow?

EDIT:

"Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
The current base price will be increased on release. Sometimes the game takes part in sales with small discounts, so look out for those while you can."

Found this on the early access page, disregard my previous question.

Reus said:
Tybalt_ said:
Why does it out of nowhere have hype about it?
It doesn't.

It's just being released. I don't really see all that much hype.

Hype might be the wrong word. What I meant was that everyone is suddenly shouting about it while they haven't previously. Cause you could buy it since May, last year, right?

We already called the future of the mod on the unofficial thread. It'll end up looking like Sid Meier's Pirates.

Since the players on TaleWorlds may not be aware on that, I will quote myself posting for another site, about how the curent ersion of Caribbean looks like, compared to the plans of the developers.

Long story short, they needed to make full release now, while still will be adding the most important (and money consuming) content to the game for free in future updates.
"Caribbean!" will be released in 5 days, still unfinished!

That's right, as of this moment the date of release has been set to 20 th February 2015. But the game will not contain a lot of features on it's day of release. Interestingly enough, the game will receive content crucial(!) to the game, AFTER the official release.

Giving an incomplete list of things that will be there from the beginning :
- Completely new fame / renown system.
Become renowned sailor, feared pirate, well known merchant or outlawed smuggler. What you can do within a game depends on whether you choose to get military or trading fame.
- Taxes and smuggling
- New Quest receiving system
- Completely new Town outlay, and different system of building in towns.
- New economy system
- Character traits
- Many other minor and major things. Really kinda lot (More than any other
- Advanced Diplomacy and troop commanding
- Advanced morale system, having a lot more impact on the battles than ever
Mount & Blade game before)

But the game will have features that will be added to the game LATER and this are very crucial! Contains the following :

- Multiplayer Game (!) - That's right, the initial release does not contain multiplayer, players have to wait for it to be finished first.
- Naval sieges
- Creating your own towns
- Strategic kingdom control
- Units forming regiments in fights (Player and NPC owned troops with officers, drummers, flag bearers marching in one formation)
- Fort / Castle management - Need to repair walls, buying cannons and other things to make it harder for the attacker.
- Ability to enter taverns
- Native tribes
- Walking on the city scene
- Female characters.

As you can see the amount of things that will NOT be added on the initial release, is so big, you could already form a new M&B game out of it, but developers calm us, that all or at least most of this features will still be added to the game, later and most importantly for FREE.

What are your thoughts on this choice guys? Was it right call to released the game early to gather funds for the most important features? Or maybe they should have waited with the release for the game to be fully complete, een if the money could run out and require some cuts? Comment

RancorSnp said:
Since the players on TaleWorlds may not be aware on that, I will quote myself posting for another site, about how the curent ersion of Caribbean looks like, compared to the plans of the developers.

Long story short, they needed to make full release now, while still will be adding the most important (and money consuming) content to the game for free in future updates.
"Caribbean!" will be released in 5 days, still unfinished!

That's right, as of this moment the date of release has been set to 20 th February 2015. But the game will not contain a lot of features on it's day of release. Interestingly enough, the game will receive content crucial(!) to the game, AFTER the official release.

Giving an incomplete list of things that will be there from the beginning :
- Completely new fame / renown system.
Become renowned sailor, feared pirate, well known merchant or outlawed smuggler. What you can do within a game depends on whether you choose to get military or trading fame.
- Taxes and smuggling
- New Quest receiving system
- Completely new Town outlay, and different system of building in towns.
- New economy system
- Character traits
- Many other minor and major things. Really kinda lot (More than any other
- Advanced Diplomacy and troop commanding
- Advanced morale system, having a lot more impact on the battles than ever
Mount & Blade game before)

But the game will have features that will be added to the game LATER and this are very crucial! Contains the following :

- Multiplayer Game (!) - That's right, the initial release does not contain multiplayer, players have to wait for it to be finished first.
- Naval sieges
- Creating your own towns
- Strategic kingdom control
- Units forming regiments in fights (Player and NPC owned troops with officers, drummers, flag bearers marching in one formation)
- Fort / Castle management - Need to repair walls, buying cannons and other things to make it harder for the attacker.
- Ability to enter taverns
- Native tribes
- Walking on the city scene
- Female characters.

As you can see the amount of things that will NOT be added on the initial release, is so big, you could already form a new M&B game out of it, but developers calm us, that all or at least most of this features will still be added to the game, later and most importantly for FREE.

What are your thoughts on this choice guys? Was it right call to released the game early to gather funds for the most important features? Or maybe they should have waited with the release for the game to be fully complete, een if the money could run out and require some cuts? Comment

Do you have the source where the developers actually said that (the features after the release)?

Also, today it is 20th February, still no 'release' version of Caribbean in my Steam account... only old 0.945?
Anyone has any info about the release? Is it delayed?

Timezones, mate. They may release at night in some US timezone or something. Who knows.

I do believe they're russians, actually, so it's late for them already, but maybe they decided to set a release date that fits for americans.

EDIT: Price seems to already have gone up on Steam.

Reus said:
Timezones, mate. They may release at night in some US timezone or something. Who knows.

I do believe they're russians, actually, so it's late for them already, but maybe they decided to set a release date that fits for americans.

EDIT: Price seems to already have gone up on Steam.

Thanks for clarification.
he, m'Urica...

Back
Top Bottom