General discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

MaHuD said:
[M] said:
Let me start by saying how disappointing it is you're organizing official tournaments in WFaS when Warband has a much larger competitive playerbase, which you've largely ignored for the last year. Maybe you're trying to get more of warband's competitive community to buy WFaS. Or is it because Warband's players are willing to organize their own tournaments whereas there's been so little competition in WFaS that you feel the need to prop it up?
This has plagued my mind as well :/

Especially since there is Nvdidia prizes. Last I heard, the t-shirts from the first Nation Cup never arrived at the Russian Team. And the second nation cup, had no prizes at all.
There have been discussions going on about cheats used in M&B: Warband (i.e. "auto-block") for months and still no official announcement about the issue. Warband is certainly not in developers' interest that's for sure.

Daegoth said:
The messages sent from client are only pick up, drop, use and movement/action "buttons", and looking direction (no need to mention about giving orders, sending a message etc.). Logical work is done only on the server side. So it is impossible to reload the crossbow instantly, or doing any kind of hack that affects the game globally. Locally you can change textures or materials of course. Anti-cheating part will be dealt with after everything becomes stable.

It was promised to us though :3

There's a server-side script that's non-invasive and is currently being tested on select US servers for its reliability at detecting the known auto-blocker someone posted a while ago.

However, I'm more concerned about M's post than Yazzy's copy-pasting adventures.

I'd have much rather seen some kind of endorsement for LordHasek's tournament, and I'm fairly certain he contacted Mr. Yazbek about just such an endorsement. Starting up another tournament and jacking Hasek's rules (which I'm fairly certain he did without asking, considering Hasek's been in Las Vegas for several days now) just seems like a slap in the face. :neutral:

Greetings to all! I would like to see a list of weapons allowed in the tournament. Properly translate the rules I did not succeed.

Приветствую всех! Хотелось бы узнать список оружия, разрешенного на турнире. Грамотно перевести правила у меня не получилось.

LOL 30 points to pass the deathmatch? so only 4 people will make it to duels? really?

I can only play the deathmatch rounds on the weekends...

So basically I have to come first place in all 6 of the weekend death match rounds. and if i miss one, or get 2nd in one, i dont make it.

stupid.

but ill probably come in first so whatever.

Sudoshi said:
LOL 30 points to pass the deathmatch? so only 4 people will make it to duels? really?

I can only play the deathmatch rounds on the weekends...

So basically I have to come first place in all 6 of the weekend death match rounds. and if i miss one, or get 2nd in one, i dont make it.

stupid.

but ill probably come in first so whatever.
I can't really work out numbers but it seems like 4 is the MAXIMUM who can qualify, it might be no qualifiers at all. Presumably they'll take the top scorers if nobody is qualifying, thus rewarding whoever can make it to the most deathmatches...

Also if you're going to run multiple servers to fit all these people in, isn't there an inherent disadvantage if you pick the server with the more skilled participants for that day? I'm guessing you'll be awarding the 5 points to the top scored across all servers as though they were one...?

Could you please give us some answers about this stuff so it doesn't feel like such a crapshoot :smile:

Should you expect a decent ping on an official server in an official tournamet with valuable prizes?
It seems not.

I've had a few lagspikes as well. Doesn't matter though, the best guys won. Was anyone judging the match, by the way? If so, thanks for the effort.

It's silly how I just realised at the last two minutes how the actual fighting was taking part on the right section of the map, while the other section was only occupied by few horses and marksmen :razz: Noted for Wednesday

Kwal said:
I've had a few lagspikes as well. Doesn't matter though, the best guys won. Was anyone judging the match, by the way? If so, thanks for the effort.

It's silly how I just realised at the last two minutes how the actual fighting was taking part on the right section of the map, while the other section was only occupied by few horses and marksmen :razz: Noted for Wednesday

no, the best AND lower ping guys won :smile:

Im a little confused by the times...

I live in NA, Eastern time zone, so does the death match start at 8:00 here or 10:00 or what?

Sudoshi said:
Im a little confused by the times...

I live in NA, Eastern time zone, so does the death match start at 8:00 here or 10:00 or what?
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/usa-time-zone-converters/central-time-zone/central-time-eastern-time.htm

Back
Top Bottom