General Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, somewhat new around this mod, haven't really updated it since they added the death knights and the special mercs like the Rhulg destroyers, and I had a few questions that the changelog couldn't answer.
1, Has the ability to capture and later recruit death knights been disabled? That always seemed like the ultimate reward for actually managing to beat them, not just their rather nice armor and weapons, but also gaining a few to use yourself in battle. And for that matter capturing anything better than a expert? I've been watching a playthrough that showed the player rescuing captured champion units and Alephs, but whenever I play the one up for download on the nexus I find myself tailing wars between two kingdoms only to find nothing above expert in their prisoners.
2, if no longer capable via capturing/rescuing, how would I go about getting myself some champion tier units?
3, It appears there has been a change to the variants of the "Dragon" weapon, now a gun when it was once a cannon. Does this mean that there are absolutely no cannons that can be used on horseback anymore? If so, what would be a valid replacement for them for ranged weapons as far as my horse mounted companions are concerned?

I have a few other minor comments on changes, but right now I gots questions I need help with! Can any of you help me out here?

Fairly sure the old style of cannons were phased out with alephs, and champion units being unrecruitable was intentional, they were meant to balance player companion OP death legions.

I gotta say if there is one change I would like to see, it's that there is an added mod option to enable/disable masculine/feminine armor. I can get why the feature was added, some people like their ladies looking ladylike, but I would much rather my little matheld or katrin to actually survive a battle once in a while, and having to go out and buy them female plate rather than them just getting good armor from loot is just too much a hassle. Sure, you can force them to wear the good stuff, but every time you go to auto-equip whatever good armor I find myself with half my companions naked due to the armor I gave them being removed by the auto-equip. In addition, I'm fairly certain it is more realistic for females to go after the same kind of armor males do. See, although I am not as aggressive about it, I do strongly agree with the point http://i.imgur.com/E88WP4J.jpg makes, that being if you are going to wear armor, make it count.
Will this happen? Probably not, but I would like to see that as an option.

therex55213 said:
I gotta say if there is one change I would like to see, it's that there is an added mod option to enable/disable masculine/feminine armor. I can get why the feature was added, some people like their ladies looking ladylike, but I would much rather my little matheld or katrin to actually survive a battle once in a while, and having to go out and buy them female plate rather than them just getting good armor from loot is just too much a hassle. Sure, you can force them to wear the good stuff, but every time you go to auto-equip whatever good armor I find myself with half my companions naked due to the armor I gave them being removed by the auto-equip. In addition, I'm fairly certain it is more realistic for females to go after the same kind of armor males do. See, although I am not as aggressive about it, I do strongly agree with the point http://i.imgur.com/E88WP4J.jpg makes, that being if you are going to wear armor, make it count.
Will this happen? Probably not, but I would like to see that as an option.

For my part, I find the selective authenticity quite humourous.  You have guns, explosives and (essentially) tanks.  Armour is already obsolete.  Just have some fun! 

It's fantasy.  You are allowed to suspend logic.  :wink:

I can't help but notice that for all these fantasy elements, one of the things stated in the breakdown of the mod was that they removed the "magic" skills, the various "power (blank)" ones because the creator felt them out of place in a realistic combat simulation. In addition, the armor does in fact help, regardless of how little, and the ability to disable the feature that makes it such a hassle to keep my troops alive throughout the battle would be most appreciated. The issue I am having is that this feature is detracting from my "fun", not increasing.

therex55213 said:
I can't help but notice that for all these fantasy elements, one of the things stated in the breakdown of the mod was that they removed the "magic" skills, the various "power (blank)" ones because the creator felt them out of place in a realistic combat simulation. In addition, the armor does in fact help, regardless of how little, and the ability to disable the feature that makes it such a hassle to keep my troops alive throughout the battle would be most appreciated. The issue I am having is that this feature is detracting from my "fun", not increasing.

I think I understand your concern.  I guess I didn't really notice it in my play experiences.  But maybe I can help.  :smile:

When I start, I usually don't bother with companions or troops at all.  I find that Defensive Expertise and Heroic Health make it easy to defeat 40-man Looter parties solo.
I level myself and build a war chest (especially from prisoners) before ever I start to recruit an army.

My first problem with my Companions, male or female, is their relatively low strength.  They are not ready for melee!  So I put them in the back with pistols to level up safely. 
(I create a battle group called Reserves for all my new troops so I may park them safely in the back rank)
Once they've gain some experience, then it's heavy armour at once for them, with my large pile of gold gained from solo play.  I never let them autoselect gear.

I once been a Swadian vassal and guest what? Ive been rewarded Uxkhal town. Guess what then? That town is full with top-tier troops, and an Aleph, too.
Wow, now i have a big army from nowhere to use  :grin:. This is, i must say, a really BIG reward from the king, my dear King Harlaus  :grin:.
Well maybe continuing the way of being a useful lord, you can manage to get an army of Alephs one day. Then you no longer fear the Deathknights anymore, i dare say  :twisted: .
Aleph.png

I have a question about updating...  I don't know how to... My game says 1.0 down at the bottom still when I go into it. How do I update the game? I downloaded the 1_6_alpha1-3889 installer. Please help!

CGWWolf said:
I have a question about updating...  I don't know how to... My game says 1.0 down at the bottom still when I go into it. How do I update the game? I downloaded the 1_6_alpha1-3889 installer. Please help!

The 1.6 installer is stand alone. Run that installer and then get the 004 patch and install it. Still, i believe it will say the wrong version at the splash art in the menu as it hasn't been updated for 1.6 yet. Someone will have to correct me if i'm wrong.

Hey,I have a BIG [problem with my M&B Warband Blood And Steel mod. I have it installed an everything. It is AWESOME! Only 1 problem... The Dark Horde Comes and takes durquba from the sarranids and then they attack it again. it is under control of dark armies. but they still attack it. I need some serious help. Anyone know how to fix this. I have reinstalled I have done patches I looked at mod options. Idk what else to do Someone help I am so frusterated. I was really looking forward to defending against the dark armies but :sad: EDIT: They never attack any other cities/castles and Baron Von Death only has at most 2 people in his army. :sad: This is really disappointing and I would love it to be fixed. But for now all I can do is watch vids of this mod and dream. Lol

That's a known bug.  The Dark Armies are still being developed.  Xeno is on sabbatical right now, but eventually this will be fixed.  But it's not anything you did wrong.

If you time it right, you can attack the city between sieges and capture it from the defending Dark Army.  Strangely enough, you can recruit Dark Soldiers when you do!

Yay! Thank you so much. I was worried that my comp was messing it up or something. Thank you for the reply. I can't wait till it's fixed there is no patch out yet right?

Cheesy said:
CGWWolf said:

The 1.6 installer is stand alone. Run that installer and then get the 004 patch and install it. Still, i believe it will say the wrong version at the splash art in the menu as it hasn't been updated for 1.6 yet. Someone will have to correct me if i'm wrong.

How do you install the patch, exactly? Where do you install it? Just in the modules folder in the Blood and Steel folder? If so that failed for me :/

The newer patches are a bit unstable so if you can't run it off the B&S folder it might be a better idea to simply run with 1.6

What you could always do is make a dummy folder on your desktop and install it to there, just to see where everything goes, and then extract manually or just point it to the destination corresponding to the folder.

I.E. if it creates a folder called "Blood and Steel", just point it at your Modules folder, nothing more.

Which items are invisible? And make sure you both have the latest version of M&B and an uncorrupted install of B&S.

Back
Top Bottom