General Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

speaking of sneaking into town, are you going to do something about the difficulty of the guards when you sneak in? It's kinda pathetic when you're in full platemail and you have 6 cloth-covered nord recruits trying to beat you with their puny axes...

Hallegra said:
speaking of sneaking into town, are you going to do something about the difficulty of the guards when you sneak in? It's kinda pathetic when you're in full platemail and you have 6 cloth-covered nord recruits trying to beat you with their puny axes...

It was ridiculous in Native.

Maybe either buffing the guards or giving the player back the 'disguise' kinda thing where he has nothin but a cloak and a staff?

TBH, it really depends on where you sneak in; the Nords are kind of outclassed but it sucks to sneak into Swadian towns sometimes.  I've thought up various wrinkles that might be fun, like 50 guards in there, but you get your Companions, etc., but frankly that's a lot of bother for such a small part of the game, and it's kind of fun to just go all Chuck Norris and lay out a few hapless guards once in a while.

I have a question, Is the Demon Mask removed for the game, or just really hard to find?

I really liked it in previous versions, but i can't seem to find it...

And, there's a solution to the problem with the cannon ammo, you need to buy it right when you start, there are towns with cannon ammo when you are in the early game, later in the game, they will dissapear

Epicrules said:
Hallegra said:

It was ridiculous in Native.

i don't remember sneaking inside with full armor and decent weapons in native

also demon mask is still here, just looted from undeads

i don't remember sneaking inside with full armor and decent weapons in native
It worked like that originally, but people complained mightily about getting insta-pwnd by the guards, since fighting naked in this mod is a bit like being a proverbial snowball in a very hot place, so I took that out.

Which faction d'you think has the best infantry formation? By that, I mean if you put them all in a big line, they'd do the best in a variety of situation, from fending of different types of charges, to providing archers with cover, to weathering a constant barrage of projectiles. Personally, I'm quite the fan of the swadian royal swordsmen because they're a high-level unit with good armour and shields together, ssomething that you don't see as much (at least the shields).

Swadian Royal Swordsmen are beasts, definitely; they really should be, for what they cost  :lol:

The Nord Axemen and Spearmen are a bit flimsy, but they have a lot of missile weapons and they do pretty well when you have enough army skills.  In the next version, they are always going to have missile weapons, so they'll be quite shooty, if a bit inaccurate, and probably well-worth using.

Rhulg are, well, Rhulg.  Kind of the epitome of "hard to kill", they can frequently take storms of missile fire with nary a casualty.

My favorite atm is to stack Legionnaires in front of pikemen, halberdiers, whatever.  The metal shields take a heck of a pounding, they have missile weapons... and if the line behind has grenades, that's pretty much the end of a cavalry rush right there, other than against the Rhodoks.  Against Rhodoks, use Gaucho Pikemen instead; if you put them on Hold fire until the first wave gets into range the results are frequently pretty good. 

And then, for sheer cheapness, there's something to be said for having a giant pile of cheap Khergits that you literally don't care if they live or die.

Interesting question. I play mostly with optical and sympathy aspects, use a mixed force of Swadian (Royal swordsmen, halbardiers, musketeers and canoniers), Sarranid (cheap 1st tier horsemen and Afrizarians, I really like them) and Nord (longbowmen, spearmen) troops. (I changed some of the Sarranid and Nord troops for some reasons, skins and items, they walk f.e. mainly without shoes, so they are a little bit weaker than normal.). My biggest problem so far are charges of heavy cavalry, but since I have a second row of infantry (Afrizarians) behind my halbardiers and swordsmen, it becomes better and better. And then I use myself, my comrades and the Sarranid horsemen as distraction and fodder against strong cavalry, luring them into fights away from my infantry. Usually most of the enemies on foot die in the fire of my cannoniers and the rest of the "archers", it's astounding with what low casualties I can beat faction troops usually. I think with the correct deployment every faction can do it, but I would opt for the Swadians as strongest infantry faction because of the cannoniers. But they need it, in every campaign since my start with B+S they had big problems, perhaps because of the undead? Never played with Vaegir troops except one trial with pikeneers, but I found them much too expensive and don't like their armour.

swadia gets the crap kicked out of them due to map position, it worked the same on vanilla M&B, since both Nords and Rhodocks have a 1 in 2 chance of going to war with them and Kergits also have a chance.
i don't think i have ever seen Swadia win naturally

Back
Top Bottom