General Discussion and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

The hole (nose level to be precise) in some turkish helmet is a consequence of bad adjustment or was it intended?

And please can you ajust some ayyubid helmets? We can see the right ear.

Thumbs up for more weapon variety (spears, axes etc ....)

Nobody else noticed that one face is a little bit too common? Im speaking about Saladin's face. Nearly all arab/turkish soldiers have this face. Can you please add new arab/turkish faces ?

Thanks very much.  :razz:

Fluhzug said:
Hello,

The hole (nose level to be precise) in some turkish helmet is a consequence of bad adjustment or was it intended?

And please can you ajust some ayyubid helmets? We can see the right ear.

Thumbs up for more weapon variety (spears, axes etc ....)

Nobody else noticed that one face is a little bit too common? Im speaking about Saladin's face. Nearly all arab/turkish soldiers have this face. Can you please add new arab/turkish faces ?

Thanks very much.  :razz:

Well of course it isn't intended, the helmets weren't made for those specific faces, I actually removed the crusader coifs long time ago because of that reason, although it was much worse than the case of those helmets. Technically I could make faces more varied but well it gives work and I don't see it as much of a big deal :razz:

NEWS for next version: Freelancer has been made realistic, now when you ask to join a Lord's army you'll only be invited to cavalry if you chose "impoverished noble" at start (the one that gives you a banner right at the start of the game and makes other nobles recognize you as a noble). Any other choice you'll be invited to infantry.

Sands of Faith v2.3 RELEASED:

Freelancer reworked (to join cavalry you need to start as an "impoverished noble"), overhauled castle sieges and interiors, replaced naval battle scenes, fixes to campaign map pathfinding, autosell fixed, overhauled some muslim equipment/troops, overhauled some music, fixes/corrections to scenes, many overall tweaks, fixes and corrections. You need to start a new game.

Released OPTIONAL patches that shall fix performance and crashes related issues, read description of the patches in file description. It is save game compatible no worries. Anyone with weaker computer shall try the complete one and see how it goes.

hi. i have a question, u can help me? thanks.

newest version: 1.172 is ok with mod v2.3?
my current version: 1/168 is ok.

Go to Documents.

Open Mount and Blade Warband folder.

Open file rgl_config and locate the line within it;

battle_size = 1.000

Change it to whatever times you want.

For instance,  battle_size = 2.000 will result in double the maximum number you have now.

Guys when tweaking graphics settings, one important thing and that I usually forget to mention is the number of corpses and items after death left on battlefield. From what I can tell most of the crashes issues might very well be related to that as usually happens when reinforcements keep coming. As reinforcements keep coming and remains are not removed it will keep increasing the stress on the graphics card especially when battling in a huge town.

Just to remind as from watching a few gameplays from the mod it seems some don't realize this:

- The folder PLAYER WARCRIES AND VOICE ORDERS has crusader and muslim version for voice on commands and warcries and also crusader female voice, choose the one you want and copy/paste the wav files to SoF Sounds folder and sounds.txt to SoF main folder, replace when asked. To perform a warcry press "N".

- The folder USER INTERFACE has optional muslim battle UI, if you want to change copy/paste the dds file to SoF Textures folder and replace when asked.

To make these things change automatically I would need to use WSE (Warband Script Enhancer) and although WSE make possible scripts that otherwise aren't, it also brings a lot of issues as compatibility and performance stuff and can also confuse a lot of players from what I've seen in mods using WSE. So from the start I decided to make the mod completely WSE free. The downside is that you need to change these things manually.

IMPORTANT:

If your game crashes in some town sieges, before trying the optional patch, I recommend lowering the resolution and/or lower the corpses as this shall fix it if you have a good computer. The crashes happen due to the huge size of the towns combined with the high poly textures of environment, buildings and units equipment and it seems to happen when reinforcements keep coming adding to the corpses already in the field, so having less corpses in the battlefield shall be a huge help. This is only problematic in TOWNS sieges, in castles sieges and normal battlefield this is not an issue. Lowering resolution also helps when just visiting towns both in loading time and also to avoid crashes as it can also happen after you have visited a couple towns because this will hit your v-ram. The higher the resolution the bigger the hit on your v-ram.

I registered to say thanks for the mod! It's incredible! I don't know how to pass English or Portuguese words how good it is! In Russian it sounds НЕВЪЕБЕННО!
I spend all new year holydays (10 days) in medieval Levant. Many hours, day by day. I did a little break only to eat and sleep. Thank you again for the mod.

Now I will describe the proposals.

1. Economy & Diplomacy addins.
Idea: the Crusades were for the trading ports of the Levant, for the goods of the great silk road. I propose to produce goods for trade in the villages and form a caravan to the trading port or the Venetian merchant in the city.
Implementation:
a) a new row in building menu of the village - "clay pit" (this will give the resource for bricks and further building and resource for pottery in which packaged goods). After construction of the clay pit, opens a new row in building menu =>
b) a new row in the menu of the construction of the village - "workshops" (this will give the opportunity to produce goods in the future). After the construction of workshops, open a new row in building menu =>
c) a new line in the construction menu - "olive garden", "citrus orchard", "vineyard".
d) once all the buildings erected in the menu of the village appears to "produce the goods" (for example the recruitment of troops in castles (where 450 dinars per day), but instead of soldiers, the production of goods) => "olive oil", "dyes", "spices", "wine".
e) after construction of the clay pits, workshops and plantations, in the menu of our Minister appears in the menu bar - "form a caravan"=>"select a village where there is a caravan"=>"select the city where there is a caravan"=>"guard the caravan" (as the hiring of patrol). After that, 1 time in a week the caravan will pick up all the manufactured goods and get on the route. (Sale of goods to choose from: 1) "merchant of Venice" - is in every major city and purchase the items for 50% of their value. 2) "port merchant" - is a major port city, and buys goods for 100% of their cost if the city belongs to your fraction, over 75% of their cost if the city belongs to the warring factions, over 90% of their value if the city belongs to a neutral faction).
f) the menu of our Minister, a new line appears - "write a letter" => "open state". Subject: 1) not an attack on your trade caravan => select caravan (weekly tribute for non-aggression 500 denarii). 2) not an attack on your village => select village (weekly tribute for non-aggression 1000 denarii). After the agreement on non-aggression, every week will be charged. In the absence of money in the Treasury and not pay tribute for non-aggression, the contract is terminated, the relationship deteriorated to -20. If payment is, for each charge of relations with the faction improves by +1, and with other factions deteriorates on -1. Also if we have a non-aggression Pact on your caravan and your village, and you can't attack a caravan or village without the consequences of breaking the Treaty of non-aggression. This does not apply to battles between armies, sieges of towns and castles. That is, we separate trade and civilians from the war. If you have a non-aggression agreement at the caravan and the village, the danger now will come only from thieves, pirates and Bedouins.

2. The County of Edessa.
What happened to the first Christian state of Baldwin the First of Jerusalem founded by the crusaders?

PS I apologize for my poor English.

Have zero clue if anyone still even reads this thing, but if someone can help that would be nice.

So I joined the Hospitaller Order and other than the terrible red uniforms(the lower ranks were actually given red and the upper levels the traditional black) And the fact my lord likes raiding farmer groups for no discernible reason(the Hospitallers were generally care givers and you might have guessed it with the name, hospital workers) the mod so far is great. I just have a really important question.

How in the 9 Hell's of Tartarus do I become a Master in the Hospitaller Order and get to recruit knights from the villages? Because my relationship with them is at a solid 60 and I have no idea how to actually join the order besides being what amounts to a Hedge Knight, a decent rank, but still a Hedge Knight, and am unable to earn my own lands and advance my station.

Other than troop tree's I have no idea how promotion works, I started as a confere, then I became a Knight, but I seem to have stopped there, I was hoping to be a master by now(been 100 days unless there is vastly slower progression than that)

If there ever is another update might I suggest adding in a ranking system?
Infantry--->Sergeant--->Captain---->Commander
Pilgrim---->Battle Pilgrim-----Hospital Pilgrim---->Doctor---->Surgeon
Archer----Longbowmen---->Archer Captain
Crossbowman---->Heavy Crossbowman---->Arbalest

Upon Attaining any of the final ranks for non Knighthood you are given the option to become a Knight.
Knight Errant---->Confrere Knight---->Knight---->Knight Captain---->Master(titled lord eligible for land/fiefs)----->Grand Master(your own titled "ruler" of the Knightly order)

I really hope I got this right,  as I don't use forums very often and I just registered. I really like this mod and it's super enjoyable.

A minor hiccup that I had was I accidentally bought a ship and I had no idea how to exit the ship and it wouldn't let me go to port. so I force crashed.

How in the 9 Hell's of Tartarus do I become a Master in the Hospitaller Order and get to recruit knights from the villages? Because my relationship with them is at a solid 60 and I have no idea how to actually join the order besides being what amounts to a Hedge Knight, a decent rank, but still a Hedge Knight, and am unable to earn my own lands and advance my station.

Other than troop tree's I have no idea how promotion works, I started as a confere, then I became a Knight, but I seem to have stopped there, I was hoping to be a master by now(been 100 days unless there is vastly slower progression than that)

If you have played this game before you should know that raising relations with a faction leader by completing missions for him, makes it easy to let him allow you to join his faction. Then he can reward you with land.
If you are refering to the freelancer system, I'm afraid I cannot be much of help there because I never tried it out and i actually didn't even know it's relevant to you being rewarded fiefs. I only thought this is a nice roleplaying mechanic players like to use to be under the command of somebody else.

A minor hiccup that I had was I accidentally bought a ship and I had no idea how to exit the ship and it wouldn't let me go to port. so I force crashed.

You need to take care with the ship mechanics. Not just this mod, but many others who have the feature of boarding ships you bought via towns adjacent to water have this issue. There was no reason for you to force close the game. When you cannot get ashore sometimes you need to get away from the coastline and try to approach the town again, and eventually it will work...although it's still unclear what your exact problem was from what you wrote, but I hope this helps.

thewanderingknight said:
The armors originally meant for Crusader leaders had an issue but are now fixed.

Wanderingknight, what are you working on currently? I also wanted to ask that that last year you said you won't be adding any new factions. Is it still so? because now you might have time you never know. If you still wish to focus on improving the current factions, according to you, what in your opinion needs fixing in the current ones?

Back
Top Bottom