General dicussion thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah lack of models is the main thing that has been hindering the progress of this mod. any help in that matter: from modellers to just info about hidden osps is greatly appreciated

The name of the mod brought me here... but this mod is not what I suppose it'd be... :smile:
Cursus Honorum - that's the name. Very meaningful. So why bother with graphic stuff, epic scale, battle features, etc., that all mods want to achieve, and usually fail, because only big ones have enough workforce to progress? There was the mod once - Wedding Dance - did its awesomenes lie mainly in graphics? Well, I don't think so.
What I mean - it'd be great if the mod makes possible to really take the "cursus honorum"... and the "honores" are not achieved by fighting with sword, but with mind and intrigue. A campaign with few successive stages and apparently only in initial ones fighting and commanding are crucial, the next are politics. No need for great map and stuff but a lot of coding and writing...

It's only my loose suggestion, but it's your mod, don't blame me if you feel that I shouldn't be such stickybeak(or whatever is it in English :razz:).

HUtH said:
The name of the mod brought me here... but this mod is not what I suppose it'd be... :smile:
Cursus Honorum - that's the name. Very meaningful. So why bother with graphic stuff, epic scale, battle features, etc., that all mods want to achieve, and usually fail, because only big ones have enough workforce to progress? There was the mod once - Wedding Dance - did its awesomenes lie mainly in graphics? Well, I don't think so.
What I mean - it'd be great if the mod makes possible to really take the "cursus honorum"... and the "honores" are not achieved by fighting with sword, but with mind and intrigue. A campaign with few successive stages and apparently only in initial ones fighting and commanding are crucial, the next are politics. No need for great map and stuff but a lot of coding and writing...

It's only my loose suggestion, but it's your mod, don't blame me if you feel that I shouldn't be such stickybeak(or whatever is it in English :razz:).
I don't think thats possible with the warband engine

well, I just thought about some missions system and many dialogs, and maybe some other features with use of honor/renown/controversy.  :roll:

HUtH said:
well, I just thought about some missions system and many dialogs, and maybe some other features with use of honor/renown/controversy.  :roll:
We're still in beta, our first priority is to make a mod worth playing, the we might add such things

HUtH said:
Wedding Dance - did its awesomenes lie mainly in graphics?
Yeah, they had naked Amazons and barbarians, hard to beat that  :roll:

HUtH said:
It is possible but I suck and there is not enough coffee in the world for all that stuff. But let see what the future will bring for us. The battles and similar repetitive stuff is the priority of the first releases. Easy enough and it's the bare-bones for the mod, other stuff will be considered but I can't make promises that can be broken.

Sure, you're of course right about making the mod enough attractive and then do other things, just the title has intrigued me prety much :smile: Well, I feel bad, because it's so easy to suggest and I can't and didn't even tried to do smth in "coding" matter.

Back
Top Bottom