cina901

Recruit
0. Abuse current Smithing and make up to 1 or 2 mil
1. Get the riding horde perk
2. Abuse the current horse trading glitch
3. Get to Trade 300
4. Buy fiefs with the money you make selling swords

A couple of considerations:
I ended my previous campaign (lets call it the "warrior campaign") in which even though I was a master smith I devolved all my attention in conquering all Calradia. I had everything except Vlandia and Battania. It was incredibily fun, but I stopped it out of frustration. Here follows why (and other various elements that I want to point out and hear what other people think of). Now I'm doing a new campaign (lets call it "trader campaign") abusing current mechanics.

Current trader campaign:
No one is attacking me even though I'm basically a faction: I own 6 cities and 6 castles, but because I never formally created a Kingdom I'm seen as a nobody and no one declares war on me. While it sure is a relaxing twist if confronted with my warrior campaign, the incoherence is just too strong. Fun, relaxing, but you don't feel the "thrill", something's off.
Lords not to sell their only remaining fief: I think it could be a good idea to implement in the game that if a lord has only one fief he may not sell it, for whatever price.
Trade caravans and workshops get you trade xp and fix trading glitches: I got to where I am because I abused the current horse trade mechanic (super good video by Hero on youtube that explains how). It felt like cheating. Why can't we get trade xp with active caravans?! Or workshops for that matter. It would be game changing. Also, trading glitches should be addressed. The horses one is just an example, because I believe that the same applies to smithing materials. The 2 things combined render trading a super breakable mechanic.

Previous warrior campaign:
Diplomacy/Peace mechanic: in my opinion, the game currently does not have the adequate next level mechanics to switch from a merc/vassal to an actual king setting. Paying to have peace with a faction I got all fiefs from? Spending 4000 influence to vote against my own vassals to make peace (or not declare war) with a faction that in my player perspective is not the priority at the moment? The strategy behind some choices is just superior, some new form of kingdom administration has to be put in place. A king may also be able to do ONE TIME payments instead of tributes and, for that matter, even decide that he may give up a fief, or one of his vassals one (perhaps with a charm check, or a payment as reimbursment, or even a dedicated kingdom voting session) to make peace.
Vassal AI: sometimes absurd, incomprehenseble. In war they form armies miles away from the target, take too much time to move from one place to another, do not respect the balanced-aggressive-defensive setting. In the end: they quite often do not react to priorities (therefore a way to set them would be nice to have implemented).
Enemy vassals with no fiefs: this is a big one. All these landless lords roaming aroung like bugs, raiding your villages, declaring war all together on you as if they are still a kingdom but with no castles or cities, paying mercenaries to raid your villages.....(how?!). It's just absurd. Proposed solutions: integration in your or other kingdoms, exile or WELL ORGANIZED reclaiming of fiefs, meaning significant armies that target all together a city or a castle to re-start their kingdom. In my opnion, if a kingdom has no more fiefs it should cease to exist.
Fix Smithing: the biggest one of all. Smithing is currently the game breaking exploit that until exists prevents us to have a hard and truly immersive experience. While its true that one may choose not to abuse it, or even use it all, I find that one time or another one tries it and understands the benefits, and never goes back again. The money is virtually infinite. Proposed solution: ALL weapons may not sell higher than 2000-3000 denars OR stamina to produce them is significantly increased (to produce one weapon you use all your stamina).

All of the above is intended as peaceful and constructive conversation to further the game into a more immersive experience for the benefit of all.

Thank you

I agree with everything in this post since I've already encountered/done all of this and felt very unsatisfied ?

Things need to be less expensive or income from fiefs/caravan/workshops need to be higher in order for any playthrough not end up devolving into a smithing fest once you start having to pay for big armies + garrisons + peace tributes. Trade needs a massive rework overall, from how experience is gained, what effects it has and the perks.

The only thing I would change about smithing is make all the weapons sell for very cheap as you said and most of the smithing income be from orders rather than economy debasing 2 handed swords.

Also yeah diplomacy is kind of crappy honestly, not as much as because of the lack of depth but more because of how powerless you feel all the time. Having to vote against all your lords to ensure peace in obviously bad situations is stupid. Aren't you the king? I know you can cheese it by having a lot of policies that drain out their influence so that you can control it better but really now? I get it for a vassal but for a king?

I agree with everything in this post since I've already encountered/done all of this and felt very unsatisfied ?

Things need to be less expensive or income from fiefs/caravan/workshops need to be higher in order for any playthrough not end up devolving into a smithing fest once you start having to pay for big armies + garrisons + peace tributes. Trade needs a massive rework overall, from how experience is gained, what effects it has and the perks.

The only thing I would change about smithing is make all the weapons sell for very cheap as you said and most of the smithing income be from orders rather than economy debasing 2 handed swords.

Also yeah diplomacy is kind of crappy honestly, not as much as because of the lack of depth but more because of how powerless you feel all the time. Having to vote against all your lords to ensure peace in obviously bad situations is stupid. Aren't you the king? I know you can cheese it by having a lot of policies that drain out their influence so that you can control it better but really now? I get it for a vassal but for a king?
Thanks man!

Reading again my post I add this: passive trading skill from workshops and/or caravans may be unlocked perhaps from a certain level. For example from trade level 250, or 275, meaning: you get your hands dirty in trading up to a considerable amount of levels, but at a certain point you enable your passive income to supply your xp (something like the artisans community perk, that gains you renown daily based on each workshop you have. Instead of renown, trade xp).
Regarding diplomacy and peace: its totally fine to have to challenge your vassals, I get it and its a super immersive thing if you really think about it. Its a very good way to simulate balance of power, but my god is it stupid to declare war on multiple enemies at once while the more logic thing is to concentrate - for that particular period - on one and only enemy faction! Example: We own basically half of Calradia. Battania buffers us from Vlandia. Vlandia declares war on us. Jeez ok, lets peace out! Lets just pay whatever we have to pay and PRIORITZE Battania, or perhaps the few cities of the western empire that remain. My vassals: "NOPE, we are ALL AGAINST THE MOST NORMAL AND LOGIC DECISION. PLEASE SPEND 5000 INFLUENCE TO CONVINCE US". Fine then! Go die in Vlandia exposing us!

Back
Top Bottom