Gender Swap Vikings Conquest

Users who are viewing this thread

xSethrin

Recruit
I want to be able to switch my gender in Vikings Conquest.  I looked around the net and found no mods that do this so I decided to edit the files myself. I found code that allows you to change your gender in the Native module and followed that for Viking Conquest.  I was able to get it to work with Native but not with Viking Conquest.  My guess is that Vikings Conquest's camp menu is too different to Natives?  Anyways, any help would be appreciated.  Just to note, I know some coding knowledge (studying it in school) but I have no prior knowledge to Python or any other scripting language. 

I followed this guide to set up Python: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5408.0.html
Here is where I got the code for the gender swap: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=258758.0

Thanks guys in advance.

Is this in anyway different then just choosing to be your preferred gender at character creation? Or are you trying to have the game recognize you as one gender while displaying models/etc. of the other?

Honestly, I saw this as the easiest way to marry a man as a man.  I figured I could swap genders for the wedding then swap back.  But if there is an easier way to do this I am down.  I thought about just switching models so the game sees my characters gender as female but the model is male.  But I figured that would be harder to achieve.

Save game editor, can sort all that. Or even allow a work around that doesn’t  involve gender swapping. You can edit slots to be married or related to whomever.

Any save editor in particular? A quick google search found me this one: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=295270.0
Will that work?

You can also make troops spawn as a mix of both genders
Code:
dplmc_random_mixed_gender = (ti_on_agent_spawn, 0, 0, [
  (ge, "$g_disable_condescending_comments", 4),
],
[
  (store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_no"),
  (agent_is_human, ":agent_no"),
  (agent_get_troop_id, ":troop_no", ":agent_no"),
  (neg|troop_is_hero, ":troop_no"),
  (neg|is_between, ":troop_no", "trp_follower_woman", "trp_caravan_master"), #always female
  #SB : check non-native troop genders

#get individual faction chances
  (store_faction_of_troop, ":faction_no", ":troop_no"),
  (try_begin), #TODO: this affects the next agent to spawn as well if custom ratio skewed too high
    (agent_get_party_id, ":party_no", ":agent_no"),
    (party_is_active, ":party_no"),
    (store_faction_of_party, ":party_faction", ":party_no"),
    # (eq, ":party_faction", "$players_kingdom"),
    (call_script, "script_dplmc_get_troop_standing_in_faction", "trp_player", ":party_faction"),
    (ge, reg0, DPLMC_FACTION_STANDING_LEADER),
    (assign, ":faction_no", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
  (try_end),
  (faction_get_slot, ":ratio", ":faction_no", slot_faction_gender_ratio),
  (store_random_in_range, ":gender", -100, ":ratio"),
  (try_begin),
    (le, ":gender", 0),
    (troop_set_type, ":troop_no", tf_male),
  (else_try),
    (troop_set_type, ":troop_no", tf_female),
  (try_end),
])

Somebody said:
You can also make troops spawn as a mix of both genders
Code:
dplmc_random_mixed_gender = (ti_on_agent_spawn, 0, 0, [
  (ge, "$g_disable_condescending_comments", 4),
],
[
  (store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_no"),
  (agent_is_human, ":agent_no"),
  (agent_get_troop_id, ":troop_no", ":agent_no"),
  (neg|troop_is_hero, ":troop_no"),
  (neg|is_between, ":troop_no", "trp_follower_woman", "trp_caravan_master"), #always female
  #SB : check non-native troop genders

#get individual faction chances
  (store_faction_of_troop, ":faction_no", ":troop_no"),
  (try_begin), #TODO: this affects the next agent to spawn as well if custom ratio skewed too high
    (agent_get_party_id, ":party_no", ":agent_no"),
    (party_is_active, ":party_no"),
    (store_faction_of_party, ":party_faction", ":party_no"),
    # (eq, ":party_faction", "$players_kingdom"),
    (call_script, "script_dplmc_get_troop_standing_in_faction", "trp_player", ":party_faction"),
    (ge, reg0, DPLMC_FACTION_STANDING_LEADER),
    (assign, ":faction_no", "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
  (try_end),
  (faction_get_slot, ":ratio", ":faction_no", slot_faction_gender_ratio),
  (store_random_in_range, ":gender", -100, ":ratio"),
  (try_begin),
    (le, ":gender", 0),
    (troop_set_type, ":troop_no", tf_male),
  (else_try),
    (troop_set_type, ":troop_no", tf_female),
  (try_end),
])

Brilliant!

So I got the save editor and found the character gender variable. According to other threads I found 0 was for male and 1 was for female.  I changed the variable and exported the save.  When I loaded the game my character was still a male.  I checked the save editor and the value was still at 1.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Somebody said:
there's a variable and an actual troop_set_type you need to set.

I am assuming the variable you are talking about is the character_gender one?  As for the troop_set_type I was unable to find that one.  Do you know where it is located in the save editor?  I did find how to make someone my spouse but I would rather woo them than just insta marry.

Thanks again for all the help so far.

Back
Top Bottom