Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Inanch-Bilge said:
Could someone make Nagamaki and Naginata unavaiable to mounted ?

Why would you want that? Some old art work shows naginata being wielded by kibamusha, that includes Sengoku jidai art work, likewise nagamaki can also be wielded from the saddle.

Speaking of kibamusha...
It's funny how a lot of period art mostly shows the omi yari with their signature red laquered fuller being wielded by kibamusha, but in game I see the mounted troops wielding yari types that were designed to be infantry weapons.
Btw the in-game omi yari model could really use an overhaul changing their cross section from "ryo shinogi" to "sankaku" (triangular) with a wide fuller on the flat side).

As for the guns, I would have liked to see some .50 bajozutsu in the game for an expanded mounted troop tree.

I don't know, solely based on wiki info, its looks like they're anti-cavalry infantry weapons and from the look and usage of them it makes sense.

They feel overpowered when I use hem mounted.

Inanch-Bilge said:
I don't know, solely based on wiki info, its looks like they're anti-cavalry infantry weapons and from the look and usage of them it makes sense.

They feel overpowered when I use hem mounted.

Back in the days when they were at the height of their popularity they were used a lot by samurai infantry, but could also be seen used by kibamusha.
The infantry used them both against mounted troops and other infantry, the mounted troops used them against all troop types if given the chance, they were pretty much all purpose weapons.
They are commonly portrayed as infantry anti cavalry weapons for some silly reason, it's a bit short sighted.

monoolho said:
Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
That one's pretty easy. Find the scabbard mesh you want to fix in the resource .brf and adjust the rotation and position as pleased, check in game to make sure the new orientation is favourable. Vikingr used the same method to make the axes look less awkward when holstered. It's just a lot of donkey work due to the trial and error nature of it.

Problem is, I didn't want to change the scabbard meshes, I wanted to fix the whole "carry_katana" and "carry_wakizashi" definitions, so all other weapons would work with that. Is it possible? If not, I'll stick with 'messhing' around wink wink nudge nudge
I don't think you can, I've been trying to find a way to jury rig holstering throwing spears at the left hand with no success.

They ARE overpowered, that's why it can make sense to "lock it out of cav" in the game. For heavens sake, it's a bloody pike with a katana on top, jesus, it's like placing a frigging A-10 on a GAU-8A Avenger. It's freaking OP, but it happens.

Cookie, got your fix. I think I successfully merged your fix to my mod :smile: Haven't tested it because I haven't really played much with horses. I probably spent more time messing around the text files than actually playing the mod...

I don't think you can, I've been trying to find a way to jury rig holstering throwing spears at the left hand with no success.

Oh, I see... What program do you use to modify the meshes? I had it aeons ago, but my old HD died and lost everything and my hundreds of hours modded 1257ad... (Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but I can't find the program i used before...)

Precisely what I feared. Thank you very much for the info.

I made something simpler and much more tiresome. Switched between the carry katana and carry wakizashi for the wakizashi and katana respectively. I think it's much nicer now. I might also upload the switched items if anyone is interest in them. :smile:

monoolho said:
They ARE overpowered, that's why it can make sense to "lock it out of cav" in the game. For heavens sake, it's a bloody pike with a katana on top, jesus, it's like placing a frigging A-10 on a GAU-8A Avenger. It's freaking OP, but it happens.

I agree with them being overpowered in the game, perhaps they do more damage then they should.
The average 16th century naginata blade is the size of a wakizashi blade at about 50cm, maybe it would be better if the damage is set to be similar to that of a wakizashi, although it would be possible to see an older 61cm blade from time to time.
Their length falls short of Sengoku jidai naginata though, they measured about 240-250 in total length back then (they were this long to comete with the long yari of the time).
Personally I would set their thrusting damage to cut rather then pierce, as the strong curve at the tip of the blade makes it less suitable for piercing armor, but the damage value for that would have to go up a little as they could inflict very large wounds against unprotected enemies when used to thrust.

Well anyway, if you want to lock them out of cavalry that's your own choice to make, I just wanted to point out that mounted warriors did use them like that every now and then in case your motive was purely historical accuracy, but if it's just game balance then historical accuracy would be of secundary importance, no harm done.

Btw, I always liked the A-10, so over the top overpowered.

This animation sub-mod is pretty cool but the polearm animations don't fit weapons like Naginatas and other short ones, and sometimes the bow takes one of the running animation from the blades.

EDIT: I went full retard with this comment.

makmix said:
Can I get a video for this....  I'm dumb as hell and reading it doesnt help.....

Open m&b main folder on your harddrive and find the modules folder in there will be a folder called "Gekokujo"

drag and drop then open the module.ini tn the gekokujo folder scroll down and paste the text they told you to past (really does not matter where somewhere way down the bottom is fine.)

monoolho said:

Oh, I see... What program do you use to modify the meshes? I had it aeons ago, but my old HD died and lost everything and my hundreds of hours modded 1257ad... (Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but I can't find the program i used before...)
If you just want a rough fix (to diagnose the potential direction and angle needed for your holster adjustment), just use the .brf editor. It has inbuilt functions for that. If you want to export it and work on it manually you need a program or plugin that can import and export .md5 files. Meaning Wings3D is out. However, I actually use Wings3D for my adjustments. There's another function in .brf editor that lets you use multiple .obj files into a vertex rigged animated file. And I have successfully used that (sometimes buggy) function to fix up a lot of scabbards and quivers that were not animated in my copy of the Floris mod.

IMO, for katanas, flipping the scabbard and pushing them up the y-axis slightly and tinker with the X-axis to make it a closer fit to the body using the normal left hip sword holster (like all vanilla western 1h swords), and finally replacing the vanilla one handed sword draw animation (or using both. I feel like the native draw animation works on a katana as well) with Marty's katana draw animation may prove to be better for both the katanas and the tachis. The wakizashi carry was fine as it was.

If you just want a rough fix (to diagnose the potential direction and angle needed for your holster adjustment), just use the .brf editor. It has inbuilt functions for that. If you want to export it and work on it manually you need a program or plugin that can import and export .md5 files. Meaning Wings3D is out. However, I actually use Wings3D for my adjustments. There's another function in .brf editor that lets you use multiple .obj files into a vertex rigged animated file. And I have successfully used that (sometimes buggy) function to fix up a lot of scabbards and quivers that were not animated in my copy of the Floris mod.

IMO, for katanas, flipping the scabbard and pushing them up the y-axis slightly and tinker with the X-axis to make it a closer fit to the body using the normal left hip sword holster (like all vanilla western 1h swords), and finally replacing the vanilla one handed sword draw animation (or using both. I feel like the native draw animation works on a katana as well) with Marty's katana draw animation may prove to be better for both the katanas and the tachis. The wakizashi carry was fine as it was.

Thank you very much, that's what I thought to do at first, but didn't see how, now I messed around more with it and got it wroking, cakewalk after you know what to do. Just a lot of testing. Thank you again. If anyone wants it I can also upload that (wow, 2 submods in 1 week, that's a new personal record).

monoolho said:

Thank you very much, that's what I thought to do at first, but didn't see how, now I messed around more with it and got it wroking, cakewalk after you know what to do. Just a lot of testing. Thank you again. If anyone wants it I can also upload that (wow, 2 submods in 1 week, that's a new personal record).

Yes, we would like you to upload.

monoolho said:

That would be nice.

[size=14pt] monoolho's More Natural Katana Scabbards submod (Version 1.0) for Gekokujo 3.0

[size=14pt] monoolho's More Natural Katana Scabbards submod (Version 1.4)

(higher scabbards, fitting the sash in the waist - fixed most clipping; fixed the wakizashis so they seem more natural)
What this does: It 'fixes" the katana scabbards so they don't seem awkward pointing to the sky, like the hilt weighted as much as the blade. Some are different than others, I did this so they would vary more; variety is the spice of JUICY DEATH BY GUATEMALANS.

How to Install:
0 - Make a copy of your gekokujo_weapons.brf and leave it there as backup;
1 - Extract the file gekokujo_weapons.brf to the folder warband/Modules/gekokujo/Resource;
2 - Overwrite when asked;
3 - ????????;
4 - Profit!

FE47BA5E8003B5F662AF3EDEDCB53DE6F724E7AE

01464B1CD3B92E7850FE3CAF3BA24C651328CB14

743E732F0B3F7BAF965ECE3B00880F44332F96CA

7422B392E8E31D816132F02A02AA9E865962F720

A7290A0F8D9D097BEB6F6095D2E639ABB1F4FE28

FF304A70B4A9CE115E565DC3568C5F2200E64CD2

960FB6FF5453D5A0280405A00A95C04669094DB0

88579C995116ADBD728BE95B388F5793F78A7E10

8521DD0E9613CD92117B73FCCF3869E781B71295

B5DB49A7D974BF9F395F24CD0EBA2A5962E51005

8C18E95FB52FA5F4D022F6141B1758EDFB89684E

4B0F74C74BAECF7484685BF22E48A1AC73F5D9E1
Done. Please tell me if anything is awry.

Eventually I'll get more mirrors, but now Game of Thrones awaits me.

Edit (released 1.4): You might have noticed I only made available 1.0 and 1.4; you can choose one of those, you can see the difference in the screenshots, so whatever floats your goat, go with that.

Some feedback that I think letting you see some pictures would justify better.

P-ztT.jpg

m_QbZ.jpg

yw8pT.jpg

ckGLJ.jpg

As you can see, the old position where the katana scabbard points upwards might have given the illusion that it is  aligned based on the sash. Now that it points downwards, all katana and tachi scabbards should be pushed up and then fitted closer to the waist as the sash on the armor suggests. This will also make the katana look to have a tighter fit on the naked body as well as potentially in normal kimono outfits. The only issue I predict will arise is some mild clipping issues with the samurai kimono due to the puffiness of the hakama but I think that possibility is very small and my mind is playing tricks on me.

Some feedback that I think letting you see some pictures would justify better.

P-ztT.jpg

m_QbZ.jpg

yw8pT.jpg

ckGLJ.jpg

As you can see, the old position where the katana scabbard points upwards might have given the illusion that it is  aligned based on the sash. Now that it points downwards, all katana and tachi scabbards should be pushed up and then fitted closer to the waist as the sash on the armor suggests. This will also make the katana look to have a tighter fit on the naked body as well as potentially in normal kimono outfits. The only issue I predict will arise is some mild clipping issues with the samurai kimono due to the puffiness of the hakama but I think that possibility is very small and my mind is playing tricks on me.

Just added version 1.2 with higher fit scabbards, I think they are better now, added screenshots.
(the link is on the previous post, with the original release)

Back
Top Bottom