Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ichimonji Hidetora said:
Nipponsei said:
Is there any way to implement the armors from Onin no Ran? I know its a different time period but i really like those armors.
And i like to do this again: http://social.xfire.com/videos/eb7bf

So is it the large shoulder armor (the O-sode) that you like about the Onin no Ran mod's armor?
Although they were out of style in 1568, they were never completly gone either, some Daimyo would still have armor with O-sode, so it would be nice to see one or two kozane armors with O-sode like that in Gekokujo for some of the Daimyo.
If it's the wide neck guards you like, they went out of style too because they left the neck somewhat exposed, but they would still be occasionally seen with high ranking lords, particularly with the lords of the Uesugi family domain, their helmets often had a so called ****a-jikoro, a second neck guard that was more close fitting.
Oda Nobunaga owned an armor with the old style kasa-jikoro (umbrella neck guard) and it has O-sode as well. All scale armor like that could come with a hefty one million mon price tag or more.
So there is some historical basis for these things to be put in Gekokujo.

Cheers!

Yeah i really like the big shoulder plates, the large helmets and the helm crescents. I found one of those styled armors on Tsushima or was it Sado? Well one of the islands at least. Its not the one from Onin-no-Ran but its definitely Gempei styled.

On another note, i noticed that the leader of the Ikko Ikki has a very cool looking high detailed armor. But i am unable to find this armor anywhere.

Nipponsei said:
Ichimonji Hidetora said:
Nipponsei said:
Is there any way to implement the armors from Onin no Ran? I know its a different time period but i really like those armors.
And i like to do this again: http://social.xfire.com/videos/eb7bf

So is it the large shoulder armor (the O-sode) that you like about the Onin no Ran mod's armor?
Although they were out of style in 1568, they were never completly gone either, some Daimyo would still have armor with O-sode, so it would be nice to see one or two kozane armors with O-sode like that in Gekokujo for some of the Daimyo.
If it's the wide neck guards you like, they went out of style too because they left the neck somewhat exposed, but they would still be occasionally seen with high ranking lords, particularly with the lords of the Uesugi family domain, their helmets often had a so called ****a-jikoro, a second neck guard that was more close fitting.
Oda Nobunaga owned an armor with the old style kasa-jikoro (umbrella neck guard) and it has O-sode as well. All scale armor like that could come with a hefty one million mon price tag or more.
So there is some historical basis for these things to be put in Gekokujo.

Cheers!

Yeah i really like the big shoulder plates, the large helmets and the helm crescents. I found one of those styled armors on Tsushima or was it Sado? Well one of the islands at least. Its not the one from Onin-no-Ran but its definitely Gempei styled.

On another note, i noticed that the leader of the Ikko Ikki has a very cool looking high detailed armor. But i am unable to find this armor anywhere.
yes - that is unic armor

... and - about old-styled armor - of course!!! it s not from onin no ran(too low-detaled) - but i hoped the armor i found is much better...
on the another island there must be the helmet just for armor

Just to make it clear:

Whoever wants to use content from my submod (which was based on edited content other people created at first [like faction color change, troop ratio bar, manage garrison in village and import/export npcs]), shall do so.
There's a reason I included all the module files and a readme for that to find the stuff I modded/implemented. :wink:

To work with python is really simple [just the behaviour how all works might give you some headache, haha], just follow the provided tutorials http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html (download & install the latest 2.X version NOT 3.X [it is not compatible].

Latest Python 2.X:
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-278/

Editor (I recommend) for editing the .py files
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.6.9.html

For general questions about how to edit stuff and get it to work, use the Q&A thread (I, too needed help several times, of course)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.0.html

I can't help with any stuff, haven't touched this game for months, so I can't really remember what I how edited [so just c&p the stuff and make sure the position within the files are the same in source and target], that's why I hopefully have left all the right traces in the files to find the content ...
I went back to F1 games modding and find rarely time to do something else.

I never edited the textfiles, so modules & python is the way to go. =)

Melphiz said:
Just to make it clear:
Whoever wants to use content from my submod (which was based on edited content other people created at first [like faction color change, troop ratio bar, manage garrison in village and import/export npcs]), shall do so.
There's a reason I included all the module files and a readme for that to find the stuff I modded/implemented. :wink:
wow thats really cool. thx) i'll try to edit module system right now.
P.S.i can't do that(the things i changed are still not in game) - modding turned out too difficult for me T^T
P.P.S. my experiments ended with several critical mistakes of module system - so i give up( if someone really wants to improve Sugu - please tell me first because i still update the mod and my and somebody's else updates could be incompatible

you know i have only one question))
near Kyoto there the shrine with guards - after defeating them i found an npc girl there - few days later i was defeated in battle and captured by enemies.
The question is - where should i search for that girl? No one slaver knows anything about her....

Takeda Shingen said:
Is the mod still in development or are people just doing the submods?
Ah well, my part of it is just in extended hibernation, but I do plan on future updates. I know people are annoyed that there's no FormationAI, but that's because the FormationAI that exists caused very weird behavior issues when implemented, specifically with infantry. I put in the absolute bare bones minimum for 3.0 -- infantry and missile troops should form ranks automatically so that there aren't long, thin 75-man lines. My plan is to put proper formations for infantry, ranged, and cavalry troops that actually work well for the mod, and that's going to take a lot of effort.

phlpp said:
Takeda Shingen said:
Is the mod still in development or are people just doing the submods?
Ah well, my part of it is just in extended hibernation, but I do plan on future updates. I know people are annoyed that there's no FormationAI, but that's because the FormationAI that exists caused very weird behavior issues when implemented, specifically with infantry. I put in the absolute bare bones minimum for 3.0 -- infantry and missile troops should form ranks automatically so that there aren't long, thin 75-man lines. My plan is to put proper formations for infantry, ranged, and cavalry troops that actually work well for the mod, and that's going to take a lot of effort.

Thanks for the quick response.

Hasegawa_Taizou said:
... and - about old-styled armor - of course!!! it s not from onin no ran(too low-detaled) - but i hoped the armor i found is much better...
on the another island there must be the helmet just for armor

Wait... so theres a helmet as well? I cant seem to find it though.

Nipponsei said:
Wait... so theres a helmet as well? I cant seem to find it though.
hm... where did you find the armor? right, in the lord's inventory - it is the place where the rest part of set is hidden - in the inventory of the other mansion lord. To tell the truth i already forgot who has the certain part of it - but i'm sure the lords of Tsushima and Sado must have the ancient  heavy armor. Try to check all NPCs in all places they could be. I hid a lot of unic items  there)

Hasegawa_Taizou said:
Gewehr98 said:
Hasegawa_Taizou said:
Gewehr98 said:
Anyone here been able to port the Shogun 2 armor mod for 2.0 into 3.0?
try this - Gekokujo - Shogun Edition by Doggie McDowell

Thanks, I am playing this now. I am just curious if anyone has dropped Doggie's stuff into the latest edition?
you mean - add that armor to Gekokujo itself?

Yeah, basically extract the Shogun 2 armors from the Shogun 2 version and successfully import them into Gekokujo 3.0. I've been trying to do it but I've had no luck.

Back
Top Bottom