Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Users who are viewing this thread

monoolho said:
I am also trying to "fix" the katana position so the tip of the scabbard doesn't point to the sky, but I have no idea (yet) as how to do it, anyone messed with that before me?
That one's pretty easy. Find the scabbard mesh you want to fix in the resource .brf and adjust the rotation and position as pleased, check in game to make sure the new orientation is favourable. Vikingr used the same method to make the axes look less awkward when holstered. It's just a lot of donkey work due to the trial and error nature of it.

Cookie's 'Fix' for Jacob's Animation for Gekokujo V.3
I'm not sure if my google drive will work It works,
Switched over to mediafire.
Since Jacob wouldn't be on the computer for a while and that T-shaping lancer was pissing me off, I'm going to share my personal 'fixed' version of the action.txt file.
Jacob's animation Submod 1.2 is out. I'm just updating my action.txt for this version of the animations.
DOWNLOAD HERE

Instructions:
1) Download from my google drive link.
2) Backup your old action.txt in case you don't like mine.
3) Paste it in your gekokujo folder.
4) Play the game. There shouldn't be any errors.
Changelog is as follows:
V.3
1) Updated action.txt to Jacob's animation mod 1.2. New musket idle and horse riding animations so pretty. Multi couch animations finally included from Jacob.

V.2a
1) Removed sword_run02 from 1 handed sword run animation. No more ninja run.

V.2
1) Changed greatsword (2h) run animation to only include sword_run01 and 03 and pike_run03. Other pike runs are too rigid for carrying a katana.
2) Staff_walk changed to exclude wide handed carry so that musketmen no longer dawdle weirdly when walking up a hill. One of the animations still look effy, but ehh.
3) Restructured some portions of the codes as per Jacob's hackstructions. There are no longer duplicates of animations (exception to the lancer_no_shield section as I'm waiting on Jacob's new couching animations).

V.1
1) Fixed Lancers from going T-shaped. The other two lancer_no_shield animations will be running vanilla's while I suspect Jacob forgot to add in the new couching animations.
2) Changed greatsword (2h) idle animations to exclude most pike_idle animations due to what I think would be a very bad way of resting a sword. Replaced with some of Jacob's sword_idle animations. Now your kanabo will rest on the ground while you rest. Very pretty.
3) Changed greatsword (2h) run animations to feature a mix of pike_run and sword_run (01 and 03, 02 was out of place for a heavier weapon), a charging bunch of samurai retainers looked more realistic to me after the change. I couldn't add in all the run animations I want due to the code limit in Jacob's file, and I will not be able to add more than Jacob intended unless I learn how to python overnight.
4) Changed staff_idle (polearms/muskets) to exclude the greatsword_idle animation. It was out of place. The greatsword_idle has been replace with one of the more relaxed pike_idles to maximize the probability of playing said animation.

Future maybes,
1) Might play around with pike_walk animations to only include animations with only narrow arm holds, the wide arm walk causes musket troops to look really weird when climbing a hill.
done

hey Cookie good job with the kanabo! it's very pretty I must admit  :grin:

it's just the musket that is not as much fluid as before. now the musket not leaning on the shoulder doesn't look very sensible but forced :???:

Well the problem with the musket is that it shares animations with polearms, so if I were to make the musket entirely sensible, the polearms would cease to look awesome.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Well the problem with the musket is that it shares animations with polearms, so if I were to make the musket entirely sensible, the polearms would cease to look awesome.

oh well easy choice  :grin:

but it is wanted that the other musket bearers mantain the vanilla animation while walkin'?

Aquilifer said:
Cookie, I cant download from google drive, can you upload to another place?
You'll either have to give me a place to upload or someone else could mirror it for me? I'm not too familiar with them sites.

EFREM said:

oh well easy choice  :grin:

but it is wanted that the other musket bearers mantain the vanilla animation while walkin'?
There's only modded forward walk in the action.txt. I don't think Jacob used any modded files for walking sideways (There were files in the brf indicative of this, but I didn't see them in the action.txt file).

An unintended thing is that the wooden looking kanabos and tetsubos are onehanded/twohanded weapon, so the flaily running animation (where you put one hand in front with the weapon and run like a ninja) from one hand weapons plays for it. I excluded that animation from the two handed section due to how it looked for larger two handed weapons, but now I'm thinking either scrape the ninja run entirely, or let both small and larger weapons (believe me, it looks very ridiculous when played on a kanabo, really awesome on a ninjato/shuriken) have the ninja run. What do you guys think?

Edit : Or solution 3, I change all Kanabos into true two handed weapons and release an updated itemkind.txt. I think the reason why they were using the bastard sword setting was so that the idle animation will not be holding up the kanabo like a greatsword (ala vanilla), so Marty used the 1h idle instead.

False alarm, I think the fault was another more 'excited' running animation in the sword_run combo. Bastard sword setting should only use 1h idle, so all good with that, however I saw something weird when testing the animations via arena. The ninja run definitely leaked to the practice nodachi and katana, so I'm inching towards scrapping the ninja run all together.

Edit 2: Tried without ninja run, everything suddenly looks more natural. I think I'll scrape using sword_run02 altogether.

Hello modders, i love gekokujo, since its release. I have a question.  I want my companions if possible, and me to shoot and reload Teppo on horseback to have a little fun with Mounted gunners. Is it possible to reload while on horseback? I been messing with morgh's editor and unticking "cannot reload on horseback", but i only get to shoot once and cant reload. Do you have a suggestion? Thanks.

monoolho said:
I am also trying to "fix" the katana position so the tip of the scabbard doesn't point to the sky, but I have no idea (yet) as how to do it, anyone messed with that before me?
That one's pretty easy. Find the scabbard mesh you want to fix in the resource .brf and adjust the rotation and position as pleased, check in game to make sure the new orientation is favourable. Vikingr used the same method to make the axes look less awkward when holstered. It's just a lot of donkey work due to the trial and error nature of it.

Cookie's Fix for Jacob's Animation for Gekokujo v.2
I'm not sure if my google drive will work It works, but since Jacob wouldn't be on the computer for a while and that T-shaping lancer was pissing me off, I'm going to share my personal 'fixed' version of the action.txt file.
DOWNLOAD HERE

Instructions:
1) Download from my google drive link.
2) Backup your old action.txt in case you don't like mine.
3) Paste it in your gekokujo folder.
4) Play the game. There shouldn't be any errors.
Changelog is as follows:
V.2
1) Changed greatsword (2h) run animation to only include sword_run01 and 03 and pike_run03. Other pike runs are too rigid for carrying a katana.
2) Staff_walk changed to exclude wide handed carry so that musketmen no longer dawdle weirdly when walking up a hill. One of the animations still look effy, but ehh.
3) Restructured some portions of the codes as per Jacob's hackstructions. There are no longer duplicates of animations (exception to the lancer_no_shield section as I'm waiting on Jacob's new couching animations).
V.1
1) Fixed Lancers from going T-shaped. The other two lancer_no_shield animations will be running vanilla's while I suspect Jacob forgot to add in the new couching animations.
2) Changed greatsword (2h) idle animations to exclude most pike_idle animations due to what I think would be a very bad way of resting a sword. Replaced with some of Jacob's sword_idle animations. Now your kanabo will rest on the ground while you rest. Very pretty.
3) Changed greatsword (2h) run animations to feature a mix of pike_run and sword_run (01 and 03, 02 was out of place for a heavier weapon), a charging bunch of samurai retainers looked more realistic to me after the change. I couldn't add in all the run animations I want due to the code limit in Jacob's file, and I will not be able to add more than Jacob intended unless I learn how to python overnight.
4) Changed staff_idle (polearms/muskets) to exclude the greatsword_idle animation. It was out of place. The greatsword_idle has been replace with one of the more relaxed pike_idles to maximize the probability of playing said animation.

Future maybes,
1) Might play around with pike_walk animations to only include animations with only narrow arm holds, the wide arm walk causes musket troops to look really weird when climbing a hill.
done

Your link is broken. Mind fixing this?  :smile:

It is already public, I'll just use the share link and you can download from there.

Edit: Edited the link to feature the share link only, you'll need to manually download from there.

jacobhinds said:
you probably forgot to press the "update item" button, and to press "save changes" after that.
I did update and save changes. Im probably doing something wrong... Still cant reload on horseback. Anyone can test this? arigatou.

Problem is, I didn't want to change the scabbard meshes, I wanted to fix the whole "carry_katana" and "carry_wakizashi" definitions, so all other weapons would work with that. Is it possible? If not, I'll stick with 'messhing' around wink wink nudge nudge

About the animations: Thank you, I had figured it out, that's why I added tons of animations. But NOOOOW... Thanks to Cookie, I've got to fix it where he fixed it. More work.

Inanch-Bilge said:
Could someone make Nagamaki and Naginata unavaiable to mounted ?

You can edit them with morgh's tool and just tick the "can't use on horseback" checkbox on the lower left column. And click Update Item, on the upper bar, then save. Or if you really, really want, I could do it, since it would make sense to me...

alemossa said:
jacobhinds said:
you probably forgot to press the "update item" button, and to press "save changes" after that.
I did update and save changes. Im probably doing something wrong... Still cant reload on horseback. Anyone can test this? arigatou.

Hey, I remember messing around with it on 1776, and some muskets didn't reload on horseback, you have to set them to "pistol" or "carbine", not sure now, i don't think there is a carbine, so, yeah, you've got to reload them on foot if they're set to muskets (no idea if it's the lack of animation or simply 'hardcoded').
I'm not sure this is the problem, is it?

Also, Cookie, you may want to use mediafire as a temporary fix. It's quite simple and practical. Also, you must be sharing the wrong link on google drive. Try this:
1 - Set up a folder;
2 - Place the file in that folder;
3 - Set folder to public;
4 - Share the Folder Link, not the file link.

It's what I did with my R2TW mod and it seemed to work.

Back
Top Bottom