Gekokujo: FAQ, Wiki, and Quick Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Skeletonking said:
How do i get better units other than spearmen recruited from villages? I have about 60 spearmen and archers and i get my ass kicked in every fight against other lords.
Don't forget to upgrade your soldiers from time to time at your party menu (if you have enough money, that is).

Skeletonking said:
I have done this, most of my spearmens are veterans but i can see other lords with great variety of other troops aswell.
Just like the firey5 said. Get Ji-Samurai from castles and towns. They are quit expensive to recruit though (300 mon per Samurai). You can also get mercenaries from taverns and unique troops from the micro factions if you defeat them.

Thank you for the help. I actually won a battle by adding more ji-samurais. I have another questin though. I'd like to find the companions that add health stuff and training.

Companions with Surgery from the beginning are Francisco (6), Nagako (3), Hoshi (2), Teruyo (3) and Sessai (2).

In this thread you have all the information you need about all the different companions: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,306471.msg7271239.html#msg7271239

I wanted to add my little bit about companions here.

Excluding the companions you get from the forts, you can have 11 companions without any conflicts. Just look at the companion compatibility circles, find a companion in each circle, and choose every other companion in the circle.

The maximum number of companions you can have is 14. You have Shih, Mandukhai, Enrique, and George in one circle; Meiling, Mari, Nagako, and Teruyo in the other small circle; and then Gonnosuke, Goemon, William, Francisco, Yoshio, and Kojiro in the big circle. Everyone except Yoshio and Kojiro hate someone, but they also have someone they like to balance them out.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to have all of the noble companions at one time. I think the starting noble party should be Sessai, Yoshio, Hyogo-no-suke, Musashi, Gonnosuke, Yeosong, Isosangemat, Nagako, and Tojiko. You should also get Meiling to keep Gonnosuke happy. That gives you 10 companions.

To get Teruyo, you need to make Nagako and Tojiko lords. To get Youmu, you have to make these companions lords: Yoshio, Musashi, Hyogo-no-suke (in this order), and Nagako.  Then you need to get Kojiro to balance Youmu (You probably still have Meiling. You also shouldn't make Gonnosuke a lord until Youmu is a lord.)

question,
if i have conflicting characters and i convert them into lords, do they still hate each other ?
i imagine there will be a bigger relationship penalty for one when i give fief to the other
is that how companion relationship works in lord phase? or is there anything further than that?

sikatjamban said:
question,
if i have conflicting characters and i convert them into lords, do they still hate each other ?
i imagine there will be a bigger relationship penalty for one when i give fief to the other
is that how companion relationship works in lord phase? or is there anything further than that?

Based on what their disputes are, I don't think their hate carries over. I haven't made two companions who hated each other as lords yet, so I'm not sure. If they do have a relationship penalty, you could do the "Resolve Dispute" quest.

Ferrous Will said:
What are the requirements for samurai potential?

As in, how can i get promoted from a enlisted soldier to a vassal.

you need to ask the great lord of the clan to take you as a vassal, but you need to resign your job as a soldier first, ask the lord as a free man,
you also need some renown to be accepted as vassal though, i forgot the actual number

=====================================================================

i have some questions concerning things that affect the  "strength" of npc vassals

1. how is the economy affecting them? do fiefs directly affect their army, in either number or type?

2. what about their leader & party skills? the personal ones like power strike might actually count when we participate in their battle, but the non-combat ones like leadership, pathfinding, tactics, etc, do they work on npc vassals?
i once saw lord akechi (marshal) with 170+ prisoner in his army

So just installed the steam workshop version and moved my saves over (did have to run it first and create a save to get the folder), now i'm looking to add one of the submods but can't find Gen in the module folder, does steam workshop put it somewhere odd or is it just me?

Oh and kudos to who ever worked out the banner problems.

Edit:

No need found it! Just need to go back to steamapps/workshop (duh) /content (then for me it was) 48700\285786182 
may be different for others.

Articulo34 said:
Does anyone know which companions are fine with looting and generally being an *******? The companion sheet doesn´t have that information.

Yes, Shih she's a pirate, she has a starting skill of 4 or 5 In looting I guess , I don't remember exactly, but if you make her a vassal she'll be the richest in your faction, In my game she actually have 1.800.000 mon. Own 1 town, and two villages.

There she is :

e023d-shih-c0.png

I was wondering if it's possible to give up the settlements that aren't owned by any clans e.g. Sado, as I captured the two on Hokkaido early on to get some free resources and troops, but now I spend most of my time in western Japan so they are useless to me and I want to capture other ones, but can't because I already own two, and can't find a way to get rid of them.

i was wondering how to become a samurai when you are a freelancer? my renown is almost 500 and my relationship w/t the lord was at most 20+. i keep talking to him but no choice where i will ask to be a samurai.

replay said:
i was wondering how to become a samurai when you are a freelancer? my renown is almost 500 and my relationship w/t the lord was at most 20+. i keep talking to him but no choice where i will ask to be a samurai.
I think you have to enlist as a regular retainer first before simply talking to him again and asking him to get promoted to a Samurai..

Back
Top Bottom