Gekokujo: FAQ, Wiki, and Quick Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

Has anybody made mappings of companions relationship yet? or maybe some sort of combo list?
my army now consists of a group of people who hate each other more than they hate the enemies :sad:
while i can disable them from leaving, i do believe it will affect their starting relationship with me when i make them vassals
-or atleast that's what happened last time i played Perisno

sikatjamban said:
Hello,

Has anybody made mappings of companions relationship yet? or maybe some sort of combo list?
my army now consists of a group of people who hate each other more than they hate the enemies :sad:
while i can disable them from leaving, i do believe it will affect their starting relationship with me when i make them vassals
-or atleast that's what happened last time i played Perisno
Yes, it's located in gekokujo module folder, inside README folder

What's the format this mod uses for recruiting lords to a side? It's a handy mechanic to know before you invest too many hours along the wrong strategy?

Recruit after capture with a high relation?
Only through the minister/staff dialog?

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
There's a buggy thing in freelancer where you adopt your lord's banner and the banner doesn't dissociate even after you get separated from him. For example, have your banner in battle changed from the usual neutral sun banner? The only way to get a banner after getting vassalship is not having one in the first place, so I reckon you have adopted your lord's banner, which has now became yours. Only way to get rid of it I know of is to actually go back to the lord, get back under him, then retire from his army.

I had the neutral sun banner and I joined a lord (my first) and my first village then got to choose a banner. Also, can anyone shed some light on the foraging and it's effect on food supplies.

One question:
You have 210 banners but only 195 are possible to choose from. banner_j.dds 1st line 6th banner is the end - with enabled to choose banner from kings.
If I have not miscounted, those 195 are assigned at the ID_map_icons but not all 210, could that be the reason? Having 14 pages is no deal but I'm not sure if it would be enough to assign the missing as custom banners for example. (Does this need to be done in the meshes and scene_props, too?

they're ALL supposed to be in map_icons, via module_map_icons but if the compiler isn't assigning them there (as evidenced by lack of id_map_icons entry, then that might be it. there's a strict 255 icon limit and i thought i made enough room. but i suppose i didn't after all :/.

there's actually a trick so that they only take up a single map icon, but i don't know how that will interact with the banner selection and it wouldn't be the least bit save compatible

I see, I didn't look at module_map_icons but only at ID_map_icons and there aren't all assigned - it's 198 banners [deducting custom banners it would be 195] and a total of 230 icons - but according to Mike12096's post stated in an other help topic about more banners
Map Icons are not for the menu just for the overhead world map whenever your party is traveling.
that issue shouldn't matter for selecting banners in the menu.

O wait, just checked module_map_icons and what do we find there?
Code:
("banner_191",0,"map_flag_j01", banner_scale,0),
  ("banner_192",0,"map_flag_j02", banner_scale,0),
  ("banner_193",0,"map_flag_j03", banner_scale,0),
  ("banner_194",0,"map_flag_j04", banner_scale,0),
  ("banner_195",0,"map_flag_j05", banner_scale,0),
  ("banner_196",0,"map_flag_j06", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_197",0,"map_flag_j07", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_198",0,"map_flag_j08", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_199",0,"map_flag_j09", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_200",0,"map_flag_j10", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_201",0,"map_flag_j11", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_202",0,"map_flag_j12", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_203",0,"map_flag_j13", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_204",0,"map_flag_j14", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_205",0,"map_flag_j15", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_206",0,"map_flag_j16", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_207",0,"map_flag_j17", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_208",0,"map_flag_j18", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_209",0,"map_flag_j19", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_210",0,"map_flag_j20", banner_scale,0),
  #("banner_211",0,"map_flag_j21", banner_scale,0),

#("map_flag_kingdom_a",0,"map_flag_kingdom_a", banner_scale,0),
  #("map_flag_kingdom_b",0,"map_flag_kingdom_b", banner_scale,0),
  #("map_flag_kingdom_c",0,"map_flag_kingdom_c", banner_scale,0),
  #("map_flag_kingdom_d",0,"map_flag_kingdom_d", banner_scale,0),
  #("map_flag_kingdom_e",0,"map_flag_kingdom_e", banner_scale,0),
  #("map_flag_kingdom_f",0,"map_flag_kingdom_f", banner_scale,0),
  ("banner_136",0,"map_flag_f21", banner_scale,0),
  ("bandit_lair",mcn_no_shadow,"map_bandit_lair", 0.45, 0),

15 outcommented banners, so that must be it then. Will check that later and recompile, need sth. to eat before :grin:

EDIT:
Ok so it removed the # (also in module_meshes) and recompiled it, now all banners are also assigned in ID_map_icons BUT still not available in the menu, still only 195 banners.

EDIT2
Sooooo, there we have it, the last missing part was module_scene_props

So in summary to have all 210 banners show up and being usable I had to:
  • remove the comment-mark # in
    • module_map_icons for banner_197 - 211
    • module_meshes for banner_j07 - j21
    • module_meshes for arms_j07 - j21
    • module_scene_props for banner_j07 - j21
  • change the following codelines
module_presentations
Code:
(val_mod, "$g_presentation_page_no", 11),
to
Code:
(val_mod, "$g_presentation_page_no", 14),
and
Code:
(store_sub, ":num_npc_kingdoms", npc_kingdoms_end, npc_kingdoms_begin),
(val_sub, ":try_end", ":num_npc_kingdoms"), #do not allow kingdom banners to be selected
to
Code:
#(store_sub, ":num_npc_kingdoms", npc_kingdoms_end, npc_kingdoms_begin),
#(val_sub, ":try_end", ":num_npc_kingdoms"), #do not allow kingdom banners to be selected
Note: Keeping that not-commented will not make you unable to select a kingdom banner but to use all banners til j21. So the game just deducts the amount of kingdom banners from the amount of total banners beginning from the end

module_constants
Code:
banners_end_offset = 136
to
Code:
banners_end_offset = 210

Additional Note: It is savegame compatible, no need for a new game.

Hope, I didn't forget anything.

So the question now is: Why was it hidden, commented, disabled to begin with, phlpp? Any issues having all banners available?

when I try to download the 3.0 installer from nexusmods, it says "installer integrity check has failed". There does not appear to be a .rar file for this version. However, downloading from google docs worked

jacksin125 said:
when I try to download the 3.0 installer from nexusmods, it says "installer integrity check has failed". There does not appear to be a .rar file for this version. However, downloading from google docs worked
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gekokujo/downloads/gekokujo-30-full-rar-file

Can someone tell me about the little house things that are in the world? they seemed like bandit camps to me until I conquered one named Mii-dera and chose to control it. However, it did not appear to give me any revenue and I lost some good troops conquering it so I quit without saving. Can anyone tell me what they are? I would attack one and just burn it down for the exp and loot, but I'm afraid I'll destroy it then find that it was important.

Melphiz said:
it's called a FORT it can give you troops (afair) and a companion but nothing more
Actually, I decided to capture it again (and to battle more strategically) and it can also give you materials. But thanks for commenting.

What are the rules on turning companions into vassals? Do they still need to be of noble blood? This I probably won't find out anytime soon, but I would like to know.

jacksin125 said:
What are the rules on turning companions into vassals? Do they still need to be of noble blood? This I probably won't find out anytime soon, but I would like to know.

Check your gekokujo folder and look for a folder that says "README". One of the things inside should be  a picture of what companions are compatible with each other and if they are of noble blood or not.

jacksin125 said:
If I am not mistaken, they don't need to be noble but other lords would not like to see some peasant or even thief/pirate becoming a vassal.

Melphiz said:
jacksin125 said:
If I am not mistaken, they don't need to be noble but other lords would not like to see some peasant or even thief/pirate becoming a vassal.
So same as in regular M&B. thank you.

GrenadierAreso said:
How i can replace old gekokujo music instead of new music files? Maybe only few compositions. I just can't play with some new music, it's so unusual for me.
There is a folder inside "Music" called "Old 2.0 Music". Just follow the instructions included there.

How do i get better units other than spearmen recruited from villages? I have about 60 spearmen and archers and i get my ass kicked in every fight against other lords.

Skeletonking said:
How do i get better units other than spearmen recruited from villages? I have about 60 spearmen and archers and i get my ass kicked in every fight against other lords.

You can get Ji-Samurai from various towns and castles as well as monks from the Ikko-Ikki. I wonder what an ashigaru-only army would be like.

Is there a way I can change inventory management so that my companions collect all the loot?

Back
Top Bottom