Gekokujo: FAQ, Wiki, and Quick Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah I arrived at the conclusion, after some uneducated troop.txt analysis, that all troops are basically the same, and certain faction troops being stronger than other's is result of the game's troop stats randomization. 

Anyone else having issues with 3.1Beta and Sugoroku 3.1? I'm thinking I somehow screwed up installing it since I haven't seen any topics talking about this issue. I don't see how since it should be simple.

- Install Gekokujo 3.0 in the modules folder.
- Install Gekokujo 3.1 patch in the Gekokujo folder, overwriting files.
- Install Sugoroku 3.1 in the Gekokujo folder, overwriting files.

I also tried...
- Install Gekokujo 3.0 in the modules folder.
- Install Gekokujo 3.1 patch in the Gekokujo folder, overwriting files.
- Install Sugoroku 3.0 in the Gekokujo folder, overwriting files.
- Install Sugoroku 3.1 in the Gekokujo folder, overwriting files.

In both cases I start a new game. Recruit villagers screen is broken. The kidnapper's mansion is not enterable and throws a script error. Also, is the Sugoroku female head model supposed to be uneditable (and fish faced)? Moving the bars does nothing.

Screenshot of error: https://goo.gl/photos/wjigg2Db7XRBArA89

You should do this:
- Install Gekokujo 3.0
- install 3.1 patch
- install Sugoroku 3.1
I play Gekokujo 3.0+Sugoroku 3.0.12, and never had such a problem... Also, nobody have told me about it before... I'll check. Thank you for your help in bug finding!

I don't play for women, and their faces seemed better new way. You can always return to old female head meshes - they are in Customisation. And yes, new faces can't be changed. Thats the weak point.

Hasegawa_Taizou said:
You should do this:
- Install Gekokujo 3.0
- install 3.1 patch
- install Sugoroku 3.1
I play Gekokujo 3.0+Sugoroku 3.0.12, and never had such a problem... Also, nobody have told me about it before... I'll check. Thank you for your help in bug finding!

I don't play for women, and their faces seemed better new way. You can always return to old female head meshes - they are in Customisation.

Gekokujo 3.0+Sugoroku 3.0.12 does not have this issue. Gekokujo 3.1 by itself does not have this problem either. Seems to be a Sugoroku 3.1 problem. Yeah, I typically use the old head meshes even if they have their own problems. I just noticed posts of people saying they were playing Sugoroku 3.1 and not encountering these bugs (village recruitment screen saying that no one wants to join but still being able to recruit villagers and the posted one) and wondered if it was just me. Perhaps they were using old saves since I installed it as you stated.

Centrophy said:
Gekokujo 3.0+Sugoroku 3.0.12 does not have this issue. Seems to be a Sugoroku 3.1 problem. Yeah, I typically use the old head meshes even if they have their own problems. I just noticed posts of people saying they were playing Sugoroku 3.1 and not encountering these bugs (village recruitment screen saying that no one wants to join but still being able to recruit villagers and the posted one) and wondered if it was just me. Perhaps they were using old saves since I installed it as you stated.
Installing 3.1 right now. Be sure, tomorrow i'll check it. Or maybe even today. I mean, its "today" already on my side of the planet))

EDIT:
Nothing i found. Nothing with peasants recruiting at all. Just "no one wants to join..." No script mistakes at all.
11074054.jpg

Hasegawa_Taizou said:
Centrophy said:
Gekokujo 3.0+Sugoroku 3.0.12 does not have this issue. Seems to be a Sugoroku 3.1 problem. Yeah, I typically use the old head meshes even if they have their own problems. I just noticed posts of people saying they were playing Sugoroku 3.1 and not encountering these bugs (village recruitment screen saying that no one wants to join but still being able to recruit villagers and the posted one) and wondered if it was just me. Perhaps they were using old saves since I installed it as you stated.
Installing 3.1 right now. Be sure, tomorrow i'll check it. Or maybe even today. I mean, its "today" already on my side of the planet))

EDIT:
Nothing i found. Nothing with peasants recruiting at all. Just "no one wants to join..." No script mistakes at all.
11074054.jpg

I wonder why it keeps breaking for me. Maybe a re-download is in order. I'll check it again in a few minutes. Just to be sure, Sugoroku 3.1 is installed over Gekokujo 3.1, right? Maybe I'll try a male character as well. It could be related to female PCs. Did you try doing the merchant raid on the kidnapper's hideout? I can't read the language in your screenshot.

Centrophy said:
I wonder why it keeps breaking for me. Maybe a re-download is in order. I'll check it again in a few minutes. Just to be sure, Sugoroku 3.1 is installed over Gekokujo 3.1, right? Maybe I'll try a male character as well. It could be related to female pc's.
I was trying as a female hero, btw) And yes, Sugoroku 3.1 must be installed above final 3.1 Gekokujo.
PS. Were there another problems while installing? I ran into 1 little. The line "load_resourse_mod = masonman", i had to delete it to run the game properly. To tell the truth, i never played 3.1) And modded too. Thats why i'm grateful to you, so i can fix little bugs now. Thats why i wrote (testing) near the download link)))) Less responsibility for all))))

Hasegawa_Taizou said:
Centrophy said:
I wonder why it keeps breaking for me. Maybe a re-download is in order. I'll check it again in a few minutes. Just to be sure, Sugoroku 3.1 is installed over Gekokujo 3.1, right? Maybe I'll try a male character as well. It could be related to female pc's.
I was trying as a female hero, btw) And yes, Sugoroku 3.1 must be installed above final 3.1 Gekokujo.
PS. Were there another problems while installing? I ran into 1 little. The line "load_resourse_mod = masonman", i had to delete it to run the game properly. To tell the truth, i never played 3.1) And modded too. Thats why i'm grateful to you, so i can fix little bugs now. Thats why i wrote (testing) near the download link)))) Less responsibility for all))))

Well, it was still broken. Something I noted, the new download of Sugoroku 3.1 is roughly 113MB where as my original download was near 116MB. I tried both playing as a man and as a woman with different character creation options.

New Screenshots of bugs:
- https://goo.gl/photos/NrxY5ni9zaCkYNU2A (male, entering kidnapper's mansion - cheat menu enabled - no script error shown but still can't advance quest)
- https://goo.gl/photos/9J85cMcNumWJ9gJf6 (female, entering kidnapper's mansion - cheats disabled - script error is shown can't advance quest)
- https://goo.gl/photos/V5f2nv7TdDGzzWrB6 (female, village recruitment screen - cheats disabled - at the top it shows that no one wants to join but can still recruit as normal)

I didn't see anything else, I didn't need to edit module.ini.

UPDATE: I've narrowed the error down further. It is related to menus.txt. I replaced the Sugoroku 3.1.12 menus.txt with the Gekokujo 3.1B menus.txt. Everything now works as it should save any additions done to menus.txt from Sugoroku 3.1.12. Diff done between the files using Notepad ++ is minor. As far as I can tell there isn't anything lost by using the original menus.txt file.

Centrophy said:
UPDATE: I've narrowed the error down further. It is related to menus.txt. I replaced the Sugoroku 3.1.12 menus.txt with the Gekokujo 3.1B menus.txt. Everything now works as it should save any additions done to menus.txt from Sugoroku 3.1.12. Diff done between the files using Notepad ++ is minor. As far as I can tell there isn't anything lost by using the original menus.txt file.
Really Thank you. I've updated the file as you said.

yo, the sugoroku 3.1 or gekokujo 3.1 is quite broken. The random encounters somehow take me to gifu castle, and i cant leave from it, it crashes alot, + red script error texts after every 1 min, have i installed it wrong or should i just wait longer for 3.1 to get out from beta?

by the way, can some1 tell me how to get that cane sword without cheatmenu in 3.0? i found it in cheatmenu. Looks like the sword Zatoichi uses.

Taigo said:
yo, the sugoroku 3.1 or gekokujo 3.1 is quite broken. The random encounters somehow take me to gifu castle, and i cant leave from it, it crashes alot, + red script error texts after every 1 min, have i installed it wrong or should i just wait longer for 3.1 to get out from beta?

by the way, can some1 tell me how to get that cane sword without cheatmenu in 3.0? i found it in cheatmenu. Looks like the sword Zatoichi uses.
Thank you for your report. Unfortunately i never created or changed events, so i can tell nothing about what you say.
The submod is considered(or at least, supposed) to be historical accurate. There are some small discrepancies, but Zatoichi's sword isn't one)). So, no - there is no another way.

Taigo said:

Have you tried running it in edit mode?  It can fix some glitches I know.  I started using it early on when 3.1 came out, and kind of forgot I had it on anymore, and I've only encountered a few random crashes once in a blue moon, and never encounter any real bugs, outside of ones that even 3.0 has. 

Could I get some help installing the 3.1 patch. I am playing warband on a mac through steam. I have tried downloading the patch and the mirror from every website it is posted on. When I copy the contents of the patch into the 3.0 file, and boot it up, the whole thing crashes. If I replace only some of the files, I can access all of the new content (working in towns/villages and random encounters) but there are other weird graphical quirks. Any suggestions?

Hey ..is it me or I need a required tactics skill to be able to use skirmish or volley fire...or it does not included in the mod?

AciesVinco said:
Hey ..is it me or I need a required tactics skill to be able to use skirmish or volley fire...or it does not included in the mod?

I'm pretty sure you can tell your troops to 'fire at my command' then 'fire now' or 'fire at will' without needing the tactics skilltree. As to skirmishing, I don't use it myself so I can't say much but it should still be an option regardless of tactics level in the Gekokujo base mod.

I just noticed, using the editor, that all non-mounted officers and guards have the "mounted" label, in spite of not being equipped with a horse and clearly not meant to be mounted. Is there any reason for this? I suspect it is to balance the AI's upgrade preferences or something like that.

Just a quick question... do all the AI lords in this mod have Tactics 10 by default? I have Tactics 7 now (via a companion) and I still have significantly less troops available in battles than the relative amounts of troops would suggest. If I have roughly 150% the troops of my opponent, we are usually even matched on the battlefield. Is this working as it is supposed to?

In the Daimyo edition, is there a way to turn off the wound system? I was wounded multiple times fighting as a freelancer for a lord. It got so bad that I had to leave despite the beastly loot and perks.

I've waited for over two weeks, and I am still wounded. Kind of hard to go around fighting now at level 20 and my stats barely hitting the two digit marks.

Back
Top Bottom