Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Users who are viewing this thread

this submod adds lots of really good things to Gekokujo's poor design (yeah, I've said it), so it's nearly quintessential to have it, but there are many issues with it too, some I have had to fix myself through sheer editing of troops and items, some are incorrigible due to how they were implemented, and some are straight out glitched / bugged beyond any patching repairs a user should do.

Horo was used as a protective gear against arrows (it's even in it's name, duh), so without the weird "shield on back" bonus it's practically useless and pointless. That can't be corrected without making all horos into shields, but I have no idea how to make them "unequippable" if I do that. (besides they should deflate when not at high-speed thus losing such defensive properties) obviously, though, warband can't fix that because the game engine is poor when it comes to resources for doing anything out of the ordinary and antiquate hack'n slash it was designed as. But if one finds out a way to make it impossible to unsheath shields, then it's the best thing to do with the horo considering how useless of an item it is right now. Besides, those would be worn mainly by horse cavalry samurai, which in fact composed most of the samurai (almost all of them were horse archers, which leads to another observation.)

There's a lack of horse archers, probably due to balancing, but realistically most of the samurai were in fact horse archers. They would perform other roles, but then again just like a player will demount and switch gear before a siege, for instance. This also cannot be fully addressed, but ideally there should be a balancing where the "realism" factor comes to play, having hotomo cavalry in a clan that completely lacks decent horse archers seems pretty bizarre.

The Freelancer's version used in this mod is full of bugs, and it's glitching tons of things in it, this should be addressed, but I doubt it ever will be considering there already were some patches for the submod.

The wound system is simply annoying, so instead of dealing with the glitched patch to remove it I was forced to tone down the difficulty, which I hate to do... If it's to have such a system, make it similar to Viking Conquest's one, where the player can pay to heal, otherwise it's not a fitting punishment for defeat but a nuisance that only serves the purpose of irritating the players.

Some castle scenes with the whole gate thing are actually pretty bad for defensive strategies. I'd say that there's a paramount need to move the player spawn point behind the last gate, along with the priority of troops (higher priority to last gate, lower priority to first gate), this would make them less stupid, as it is I have to go full gamey cheese semi-cheating by kiting and glitching the AI behind stuff until I can enter the last gate to properly defend.  :facepalm:

Dual wielding weapons (katana, wakizachi and tanto) are missing from this submod, can't find them anywhere nor used by any troops (maybe if you at least name what troops should use them would make it less of a hassle, if I'm mistaken there are those troops but to discover I either have to grind in-game or search the troops txt one by one until I find it, which makes me cringe in rage tbh)

Musashi's special nodachi sucks, and not even the AI uses it if it has anything else to use instead. It would prefer a cracked katana over that slow-motion thing. That requires a weapon speed fix asap.

Then there are the gekokujo's default weirdness at play, like nodachis being prohibited to stab, well, that simply makes no sense so I've fixed that myself, pretty straight-forward fix, and to not unbalance things I've made the puncturing dmg identical to that of Katanas', considering neither were meant for serious stabbing fighting styles.

And, finally, archery, I have no clue how to adjust a specific bow's maximum distance, but most Yumi should have insanely long reach, instead we have arrows dropping like we were firing sticks with liana strapped to them...  :mrgreen:

Training Katanas are read as two-handed instead of one-handed, easy to fix too...

I know lots of the criticism are kind of dumb/silly considering they would be better directed towards the vanilla Gekokujo, but the mod seems sort of dead, the developer quit working on it ages ago and I doubt he'd listen to any criticism, if at all...  :roll:

Tweaking enterprises for lower dividers would also be a smart move since what the vanilla mod does is simply force grinding for no reason, or, forcing the player to have an enterprise in every single town which's virtually pure harassment considering it demands 5 relations with each town and quests mostly give 2 relations with WB vanilla's cooldown for quests (which is freaking ridiculous, way too long for repetitive tasks that offer no challenge mid-game onwards)

Is there a way to remove the flee factor? Everytime I'm facing a bigger army, the fight gets way easier when I kill around 20 of them and about 30 enemy soldiers just turn the back and flee.

Great Mod btw, having some fun with it.

As xdj1nn above stated, it is indeed unbalanced in the curent state, in a way.
So, don't ask too much from this.

Just play Gekokujo vanilla, which is more balanced with less fancy stuff..  :party:

I've just discovered this mod and just out of curiosity: what are those Shoukin Kasegi anime guys you removed? What made them anime-ish?

Emperor_Munda said:
I've just discovered this mod and just out of curiosity: what are those Shoukin Kasegi anime guys you removed? What made them anime-ish?

I don't remember much but iirc, they were a part of the "hired warriors" troop tree (after the "Veteran Hired Warriors" came that unit)

I believe they were classed as archers and wore some sort of head-wrap (like the ninja or monks) and wore a sleeveless armour.

I'm not sure what made them "anime-ish" tbh, it's been a good while since I played the older versions and I never paid much attention to the unit, it might have been their stats or appearance idk. 

I have been trying to modify the tax inefficiency because it does not fit my playstyle.  So what I have done is followed the tweak guide here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=110187.0 (sorry if I screw up the hyperlink formatting) and finding parts that look similar, as I have done before when a tweak does not work perfectly.  I saw that 2106 shows up frequently in a similar pattern, and the first time almost matched the tweaked portion perfectly, except the 100 in blue was 15.  This looked most promising and I am about to see if the mod still works, but I know Diplomacy 4.2 is used in this mod and diplomacy affects tax inefficiency.  For all know, I may have tweaked tax inefficiency but in some different and weird way.

I have tried TweakMB and most options are greyed out in TweakMB.

Out of curiosity, what does 2016 mean?  I feel like I am splitting DNA looking for similar sections without knowing where or what I am splitting.

Thanks!

Sorry for the troubles but I was wondering if anybody can help me. I used gimp to make a custom banner and now my avatar/model on the map is a castle instead of a person. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• 20190704163229_1.jpg
    20190704163229_1.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 19
gervaj79 said:
Sorry for the troubles but I was wondering if anybody can help me. I used gimp to make a custom banner and now my avatar/model on the map is a castle instead of a person. Thank you for your time.

Iirc that bug happens when choosing any banners  from the last 2 pages(?) of banner selection.
Maybe try to replace an existing banner in game before the last 2 pages.(Except the Daimyos and Lords Banner. If you don't plan to change the history.)

This mod could have been good...  As it is, it's a buggy broken mess. Also, to hell with that wound system.. A month? dude in the begining of the game you're getting rocked by bandits like every other fight, and you wanna add wounds that last a month? if you insist on keeping the wound system at least knock it down to a week, tops.
Then there's the gates for the sieges...  wtf.. is it even possible to knock them down? In one battle my army ran to the gate and was stopped there, i waited like 30 minutes then got bord, so i took a 45 minute shower.. spent 30 min cooking dinner.. spent an hour watching an episode of Lucifer while eating... came back... my army was still trying to shout the gate down.
Just about all of the random events cause a ctd those that don't have thier own issues... like had one that stuck me in an infinite loop.

The sad part is that you can download a work around for the wound system, but that doesn't always work. You can supposedly disable gates in the menu, but that doesn't really work either..  you can disable to random events too... and it does get rid of most of them, they still pop up though when trying to enter a city every now and then, and of course those are buggy and crash you too.

but hey! at least the armors look cool...

Sadarsa said:
This mod could have been good...  As it is, it's a buggy broken mess. Also, to hell with that wound system.. A month? dude in the begining of the game you're getting rocked by bandits like every other fight, and you wanna add wounds that last a month? if you insist on keeping the wound system at least knock it down to a week, tops.
Then there's the gates for the sieges...  wtf.. is it even possible to knock them down? In one battle my army ran to the gate and was stopped there, i waited like 30 minutes then got bord, so i took a 45 minute shower.. spent 30 min cooking dinner.. spent an hour watching an episode of Lucifer while eating... came back... my army was still trying to shout the gate down.
Just about all of the random events cause a ctd those that don't have thier own issues... like had one that stuck me in an infinite loop.

The sad part is that you can download a work around for the wound system, but that doesn't always work. You can supposedly disable gates in the menu, but that doesn't really work either..  you can disable to random events too... and it does get rid of most of them, they still pop up though when trying to enter a city every now and then, and of course those are buggy and crash you too.

but hey! at least the armors look cool...

- Yup the mod is buggy and sometimes broken when you choose to ignore an instruction to avoid triggering a specific bug But don't worry since Aruda will take care of it after he release the new version of his Calradia 1417 mod.

- I used the disable wound and it seems to work fine, my stats are untouched every time i got knock out however the wounded texts overwrites some of the texts in battle such as the gate status report in sieges(when enabled) but at least i never get to lose any stats over again.

- Have you tried using Warband Script Enhancer(WSE)? Before i started using it i get ctds often and now i never get to experience one when i started using WSE. (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=324890.0) [Not try really but USE this]

- Disabling gates on sieges work fine to me, I'm on day 300+ now and captured about 10+ Towns and around 15+ castles(From the area of town Tenjinyama  throughout the area of Tsu) and "all" gates on sieges are open, Towns and Castles...  I think half of the people who played this mod gets this bug and the other half seems to be fine, no idea why. About the gates on siege, they open up for me after around 4-5 gate status report when enabled.

- Try sticking with version 3.0 for now.

- Loving the new armors too.

Disabling wound system via the patch works, but it messes some of the messages shown. I'll fix it.

Taking down the gates *should* work quite well so I dont know what may cause your problem that makes you take a shower while playing a game. Try using WSE and sometimes bugs can occur even with the most polished mod out there.

The red messages you see on siege battles are caused by my own custom castles in the mod. They don't have gates and the mod tries to apply siege gate feature to the scene but is unable to find the gates, thus appearance of the red messages. Can be fixed by disabling the siege gate feature though, but its a harmless bug. It will all be fixed soon.

Hi there,

I've just taken part in my first siege, except the gates were closed and all our samurai were just running straight at the closed gate.
I tried turning off siege gates in the camp menu but it didn't change anything.
How do I fix this? I can't really progress any further at this point which is a shame cos I've been really enjoying it so far!

Thanks

Just walk up to the gate and hack away at it.  Eventually you'll do enough damage to take it down.  Your army SHOULD attack it without your help, but that appears to be broken, so you need to do it yourself, and the gates absorb a LOT of damage before they break.  If you see splinters of wood fly when you hit it, you're succeeding.

Hi Aruda,
Did you make the Seven Samurai Banner for Gekokujo Daimyo edition mod?

I was wondering if I would be able to use it for my clan in cRPG Strategus.

I have a problem with playing as daimyo. None of my ministers have an option to declare war or anything. I can just talk to them send gifts to people in my realm, ask for domestic policy of other factions, but I can't do any diplomatic things. What's going on?

Is script extender still recommended or does it work fine without?

Also if it is still recomended, how do I install it with the current warband version?, it has been discontinued frpm what i have seen.

Back
Top Bottom