Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all, wants to thank the modders for Gekokujo. I've enjoyed it so much.

I made a couple fixes for the Gekokujo Daimyo Edition and uploaded an complete module over here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gekokujo/downloads/gekokujo-daimyo-edition1

I downloaded the warband 1.173 (not steam version) with WSE 4.6.1 and run the above game without any problem.

This is my all time favorite mod except for the wound system. I find it ridiculous that I can't realistically enter a battle, or get randomly shot by a lone gunner without suffering what appears to be a permanent stat loss. After waiting for more than 45 days for a wound to heal (which other documentation says only takes 30...) I eventually just ended up cheating my stats back in.

If you're going to make a system like that, at least complete it. There's no telling how long they last or if they are permanent, and getting a serious wound after every single battle really makes me want to just never enter the battlefield. I'll play total war if I want to just command troops from a distance, thanks.

Can we disable it? Is there a config option? Is there a 0 I have to turn into a 1 somewhere in scripts.txt? Please just let me be able to remove this feature, it's hindering my gameplay in an artificial way that has no information or other GUI to back it up. I'm scared to enter battles at all now because anything above "normal" AI will guarantee that I get a -4 stat penalty. This whole "wait in a town and it will heal, probably" thing that I keep hearing is not good enough.

watchamacolite said:
This is my all time favorite mod except for the wound system. I find it ridiculous that I can't realistically enter a battle, or get randomly shot by a lone gunner without suffering what appears to be a permanent stat loss. After waiting for more than 45 days for a wound to heal (which other documentation says only takes 30...) I eventually just ended up cheating my stats back in.

If you're going to make a system like that, at least complete it. There's no telling how long they last or if they are permanent, and getting a serious wound after every single battle really makes me want to just never enter the battlefield. I'll play total war if I want to just command troops from a distance, thanks.

Can we disable it? Is there a config option? Is there a 0 I have to turn into a 1 somewhere in scripts.txt? Please just let me be able to remove this feature, it's hindering my gameplay in an artificial way that has no information or other GUI to back it up. I'm scared to enter battles at all now because anything above "normal" AI will guarantee that I get a -4 stat penalty. This whole "wait in a town and it will heal, probably" thing that I keep hearing is not good enough.

I personally don't mind too much that such a system exists but I do think it should be better, at least there should be an efficient wound tracking system and other more idea options should be to have physicians who could treat it for a fee (like in VC) and perhaps an option on whether or not to enable it.

I love this mod but I have a few nitpicky things to say. For one I don't understand why yamabushi were removed. They were real after all, sure their mystical powers are debatable, but thats not all they brought to the table in regards to war, they were wise and baddass. They often served as advisors, they weren't like court magicians or anything. Just another type of baddass warrior monk.

Not asking for them to be brought back or anything. Personally I would find there presence annoying because it would make me want more features, like superstitions that would make the game way harder and ruin things for others. I'm just wondering why they were removed.

Theroleplayer98 said:
I love this mod but I have a few nitpicky things to say. For one I don't understand why yamabushi were removed. They were real after all, sure their mystical powers are debatable, but thats not all they brought to the table in regards to war, they were wise and baddass. They often served as advisors, they weren't like court magicians or anything. Just another type of baddass warrior monk.

Not asking for them to be brought back or anything. Personally I would find there presence annoying because it would make me want more features, like superstitions that would make the game way harder and ruin things for others. I'm just wondering why they were removed.

I don't recall there being any "Yamabushi"

redsimon said:
Cokjan said:
redsimon said:
All I can see of your mod, both pictures and videos, looks amazing, guys. I just wish for a version that works with Warband on Steam.
What do you mean? It works with warband on steam perfectly.
I wish it did. For me it crashes everytime after character creation. :sad:

I'm using the Steam version, and I'm having the same problem. I can run the vanilla Gekokujo without any problems, but I can't get the Daimyo edition to work. It crashes everytime I select my starting area. I followed the instructions on the WSE thread to get it working with Steam, but I don't know if that's the problem or if it's something else.  :???:

I would like to ask if there is a way to see what wounds you received and if you still have it or is it healed can't find it anywhere? Thanks in advance.

There is no way to see current wound, my advice is to save the game if wounded once and stay out of fights for 1 month.

Whilst playing through today I noticed what seem to be some minor bugs ever since I added the patch/add-on that disabled the wound system

MyDdP.jpg
FtIhi.jpg
MFPgD.jpg
dka2R.jpg

chinux23 said:
First of all, wants to thank the modders for Gekokujo. I've enjoyed it so much.

I made a couple fixes for the Gekokujo Daimyo Edition and uploaded an complete module over here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gekokujo/downloads/gekokujo-daimyo-edition1

I downloaded the warband 1.173 (not steam version) with WSE 4.6.1 and run the above game without any problem.

Does not fix the texture bug for me. it DOES cause it to crash out unlike the last time i had the bug.  ima try fresh installing it AGAIN in the morning. im too tired to deal with it right now (ity takes the better part of an hour to finish unpacking patching and all the other stuff with it.

think ill just put this mod down for a while until the maker gets back. shame because up until very recently it was playing just fine...maybe ModDB corrupted the files?

I use Steam M&B and run this and have had no problems with it with the exception of it not loading textures on the femme body, which is odd but not game breaking. Want to definitely thank those behind this for bringing Gekokujo back to life, as it were.

TheAstronomicon said:
I use Steam M&B and run this and have had no problems with it with the exception of it not loading textures on the femme body, which is odd but not game breaking. Want to definitely thank those behind this for bringing Gekokujo back to life, as it were.

That's an issue with the mod it seems

Is there a plan to make this mod Linux-compatible? I really want to play because this mod looks amazing, but textures and other resources don't seem to load properly, like this:

xcoEPOZ.jpg

Maybe WSE will fix it, but I don't know how to run in on Linux with the Steam version.

Question regarding the Horo:

I seem to remember that I've seen it as an item in shops etc.
However, I'm now at Oda Hatamoto cavalry rank, but sadly didn't get a Horo. I tried to find it in shops and also used the item list from the cheat menu, but couldn't find the Horo, although other Hatamoto units in the army have it.

Any idea where to get it?

A nice thing about Floris was that armor (as well as weapons and horses) was available in the initial cities of their factions. Swadian gear in Swadian cities, etc.
In the next update, could you make armor stores so that faction themed/specific gear are only available in appropriate cities. i.e. Ikko gear in Kanazawa, Takeda gear in Kofu, etc.

help me what to do, capturing a big city, enemies and allies cannot enter or exit the invisible wall at the gate, foolish archers rumble to me. Can you fix or tell me how to fix it? Заранее спасибо)

Back
Top Bottom