Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Users who are viewing this thread

KaleShibata said:
I'm aware that with crap armor companions die in more or less one hit, which is the entire problem when I'm playing.
Yea but it's also a problem you can fix relatively easily just by running down some monk rebels or such. Or if you are lucky a band of samurai deserters. The stuff they carry should more than carry you if you play right.

reason I don't bother with companions (minus the cheat to disable companion arguing which I usually do anyways because its a stupid mechanic)is they are better at auto calculations than actual fighting prowess...Ai's kind of incredibly dumb for them.
I would not know as the way I use them they don't really need an AI. All they need is an order to stand still and fire.
Seriously just hand everyone a bow or a gun and watch them become an unstoppable firing line of doom. That way the stupid melee AI won't matter because you shouldn't ever get to melee.

In a world with no shields the arquebus is king.
As for leadership stats, I'd love to, but not dying in one hit is far better.  Also again, Playing the EXACT SAME WAY EACH TIME whether I'd like to try anything else or not.
You just have to accept that some ways of playing are harder than others. I am telling you my way which I have experimentally confirmed to work.

also bandits with good gear...typically carry guns...meaning you can be randomly one shot from the other end of the map.  Unless you're dealing with east area bandits.
I am not sure if that's something that they've changed in this submod than. Because in regular 3.0 there are plenty of decent bandits without guns such as those Chinese equipped ones.

I suppose if I'm stuck doing that I can always just go for a silly build to break up the monotone style in which I have to actually gain my levels. I'd just like to not have to do a int build grind all the time for any sort of money income.  Part of the reason I use freelancer is mostly because its the only real time I have fun with grind for levels, and half the time its proficiency training without having to worry about a party to manage on your own (yet somehow your stats in surgery and wound treatment still count in armies you become part of hilariously enough...) Any character I have that's hit the 150 day mark in this mod so far have all been (surprise) intelligence builds.

I wouldn't know really. My experience with freelancer is that it typically drives me away from the builds I want to make which are max leadership + long range.

Also as for selling things you get off bandits points right back at my first issue: too little money, too slow. unless you have cheat mode enabled allowing you to teleport far distances JUST to sell things. towns take longer to refresh than it takes to fill my inventory with loot.
Yea... basically you really do need to invest in inventory management. I hate the fact that it's a leader and not a party skill. My advice is to grind on the Ezo. There is a nice big town just south of them that you can sell lots of stuff in. And by the time you overflow the merchants there you should have done some good trading.

PPQ_Purple said:
I would not know as the way I use them they don't really need an AI. All they need is an order to stand still and fire.
Seriously just hand everyone a bow or a gun and watch them become an unstoppable firing line of doom. That way the stupid melee AI won't matter because you shouldn't ever get to melee.

You just have to accept that some ways of playing are harder than others. I am telling you my way which I have experimentally confirmed to work.

also bandits with good gear...typically carry guns...meaning you can be randomly one shot from the other end of the map.  Unless you're dealing with east area bandits.
I am not sure if that's something that they've changed in this submod than. Because in regular 3.0 there are plenty of decent bandits without guns such as those Chinese equipped ones.

I suppose if I'm stuck doing that I can always just go for a silly build to break up the monotone style in which I have to actually gain my levels. I'd just like to not have to do a int build grind all the time for any sort of money income.  Part of the reason I use freelancer is mostly because its the only real time I have fun with grind for levels, and half the time its proficiency training without having to worry about a party to manage on your own (yet somehow your stats in surgery and wound treatment still count in armies you become part of hilariously enough...) Any character I have that's hit the 150 day mark in this mod so far have all been (surprise) intelligence builds.

I wouldn't know really. My experience with freelancer is that it typically drives me away from the builds I want to make which are max leadership + long range.

Also as for selling things you get off bandits points right back at my first issue: too little money, too slow. unless you have cheat mode enabled allowing you to teleport far distances JUST to sell things. towns take longer to refresh than it takes to fill my inventory with loot.
Yea... basically you really do need to invest in inventory management. I hate the fact that it's a leader and not a party skill. My advice is to grind on the Ezo. There is a nice big town just south of them that you can sell lots of stuff in. And by the time you overflow the merchants there you should have done some good trading.

All valid points. with bows they would become pretty unstoppable. I dunno, most of the time the ai have the most abysmal aim for me even if their skill is in the high 300s or even 400s and guns in this sub mod do have the (admittedly realistic) abysmal aim. even a skill if you file edit in on yourself of about 420 and you'll still only have maybe 70% accuracy on half the shots, and reloading takes almost 12 seconds. I'd need to test proficiency bonuses later. either way, when it hits...whatever you hit now has a massive hole in it (and by that I mean dead)

as for max leadership and long range, its actually a build I play tested myself, but the underlying problem I have is mostly dealing with my crap luck. that and I can't tell how far off my arrow shots are. but when it works it works.  I use bows because you can flinch lock a LOT of crap with them. one good arrow plus a gunshot? dead. nothing has enough hp after that.

As for inventory management why in the heck thats leader specific is kind of stupid yea. some mods make a ability to add people to carry that stuff around with you I'm told, but its incredibly buggy.  it also doesn't make a whole lot of sense why it slows you down in a large group: everyone carries something. problem solved.  (I personally wish the Horo back item did something like that actually...)

So I found a rather annoying issue I hope can get resolved, though if I remember correctly it was also an issue in Geko 3.0, so that's likely a flaw deeper an than Daimyo Edition goes. This still seems to have the issue of companions never returning from missions you send them on. I.E. I sent one of them as an emmissary to another clan to try to make for peace, and two months later they still had not returned (when they are supposed to after 3 days), so if this could get at least some priority in fixing, that'd be great.

Also does anyone else notice Uma-Yumi's are FAR too over-used? They are Hatomoto Cavalry with bows, yet I see lords fielding armies of 20+ of them, even when the lord has a total of 40 people! This kinda irks me as the Uma-Yumi is almost the be-all-end-all of units in this mod, and for them to be so common is rather infuriating.

Greetings! I made this account just to post this.

I played much vanilla Gekokujo and liked it a lot.

When I found this version I was really happy and it seemed to have improved basically everything as far as I know.
But I seem to have a problem that isn't mentioned by anyone here and that is that the module crashes the game for me constantly in a "runtime error".

I play with Battle Sizer up to 500, but I don't think that is the problem as it still crashes in 1 vs 3 fights.
Generally I can play about 3 battles before it crashes, it's always in battle it crashes.

Currently I'm following a lord that's besieging a castle and every time the battle starts it crashes after a minute or two.

Native and normal Gekokujo works just fine in even the largest battles in the longest play sessions without crashing.

So I wonder if there's any known solution?
As as I said, no one seem to mention it here.
Am I the only one who have this problem or am I simply missing the fix?

Bahael said:

When I found this version I was really happy and it seemed to have improved basically everything as far as I know.
But I seem to have a problem that isn't mentioned by anyone here and that is that the module crashes the game for me constantly in a "runtime error".

I play with Battle Sizer up to 500, but I don't think that is the problem as it still crashes in 1 vs 3 fights.
Generally I can play about 3 battles before it crashes, it's always in battle it crashes.

Currently I'm following a lord that's besieging a castle and every time the battle starts it crashes after a minute or two.

Native and normal Gekokujo works just fine in even the largest battles in the longest play sessions without crashing.

Not sure on that myself, I do get VERY sporadic crashes with it, but there is no real rhyme or reason. I can't give a steady reason for why it crashes and it's hardly noticable, so perhaps it's something user side? Sorry I couldn't be of more help there.

KaleShibata said:
PPQ_Purple said:

All valid points. with bows they would become pretty unstoppable. I dunno, most of the time the ai have the most abysmal aim for me even if their skill is in the high 300s or even 400s and guns in this sub mod do have the (admittedly realistic) abysmal aim. even a skill if you file edit in on yourself of about 420 and you'll still only have maybe 70% accuracy on half the shots, and reloading takes almost 12 seconds. I'd need to test proficiency bonuses later. either way, when it hits...whatever you hit now has a massive hole in it (and by that I mean dead)

as for max leadership and long range, its actually a build I play tested myself, but the underlying problem I have is mostly dealing with my crap luck. that and I can't tell how far off my arrow shots are. but when it works it works.  I use bows because you can flinch lock a LOT of crap with them. one good arrow plus a gunshot? dead. nothing has enough hp after that.
If you want to try something OP in the base mod think horse archer. I have crushed ARMIES by simply riding in circles around them keeping them distracted and aiming at me whilst my gun/arrow line butchered them. And the best part is you don't even need to hit that often. The only thing that can consistently beat me if I play like that is an enemy gun line.

PPQ_Purple said:
If you want to try something OP in the base mod think horse archer. I have crushed ARMIES by simply riding in circles around them keeping them distracted and aiming at me whilst my gun/arrow line butchered them. And the best part is you don't even need to hit that often. The only thing that can consistently beat me if I play like that is an enemy gun line.

I love my freelancer characters as I always stear them Umi Yumi path. thing is with power draw I've noted it affects your maximum base range as well. I have legit circle sniped lords before...unintentionally as pursuit ai for the horse AI is dumb as bricks and falls for it 90% of the time.  works in this one as well, especially since even with heavy armor, the flinch damage requirement is you do either a heavy hit, or at least 5-9 per.  its funny watching my archers chain stun a lord to death.  Even funnier when it happens to their charging Calvary before they turn to face me.

it works with melee too, but you need a considerable amount of luck and finesse and I love it to death because I'm never bored doing that, and I always laugh if I do it wrong. (till I started getting it down pat. running half the army back to their spawn is fun.)

Laevanas said:
Not sure on that myself, I do get VERY sporadic crashes with it, but there is no real rhyme or reason. I can't give a steady reason for why it crashes and it's hardly noticable, so perhaps it's something user side? Sorry I couldn't be of more help there.

I do indeed believe it was on my side of things.
After searching for general warband fixes I found a youtube video where he simply turned on "load textures on demand" in the configure screen from the launch window.
I now got through the siege that always crashed, so it seems to have worked for now.

Let it be known, if the game crashes with a runtime error then try to turn on load textures on demand!

And while I'm making a comment anyway,
is there any sub-submod (?) that makes the arrows visible?
I like to play as an archer, but when I shoot arrows I can not see them at all.
So I don't know where they are hitting and can't make adjustments.
Which makes it very hard to hit anything.

Nice mod! I bought Mount and Blade just to play this mod!

Just a question, do you have Honda Tadakatsu's kabuto and armor?

edit: Ugh, can't add images and external links.

This seems interesting.

I've also noticed the Lords no longer use the new over-world models and have reverted back to vanilla warband models.

Would it also be possible to recruit neutral clan troops before you have your own fief?

Hey, so I was looking through the cheatmenu list, and I noticed two armors have missing textures. Redownloaded, still came up showing a missing texture (completely whited-out armors). They were item 671, Okegawa armor, and then item 700 or so, Tokugawa sharpshooter armor. Are these armors actually used by troops ingame?

Is there a fix for sending out recruiters? Also you can't send caravans to give gifts to people. That whole aspect of the mod seems to be bugged.

dsub said:
Hi, found a bug.
Shimazu clan keeps fighting zero funai garrison nonstop and this message keeps appearing (Your caravan sending Sake to Lord Musashi has been defeated near Funai)
When i try to enter the city, i end up meeting myself
When i try to enter the battle, there is steel 0 otomo troops
Please add it to the buglist, your mod is the best around.
If you need a savegame here it is
This also started happening to me as well and it's also with Funai and the Otomo Clan. It's very frustrating. Is it happening to anyone else? Has anyone found a fix.

Hi all,

decided to play this as I liked vanilla Gekokujo a lot. Played too little as yet to comment but would like to know what is the Horo item?

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
Hi all,

decided to play this as I liked vanilla Gekokujo a lot. Played too little as yet to comment but would like to know what is the Horo item?

Rgds, Oldtimer

The horo was a bag that samurai had on their backs.

While riding the bag blew up like a balloon, theoretically protecting against arrows coming from behind.

I don't know how they work in the mod though, I assume it's just decoration.

arlvent21 said:
I'm getting endless loop of Script Errors after 205 days of gameplay, is my game corrupted or there's solutions for this?
Sometimes warband engine cant handle all the scripts/diplomacy etc after a long time in game, i suggest you to backup your save from time to time to revert back to the stable save in times of corrupt save game. There's no solutions to this because there is not an exact reason to that.

Azerasu said:
Nice mod! I bought Mount and Blade just to play this mod!

Just a question, do you have Honda Tadakatsu's kabuto and armor?

edit: Ugh, can't add images and external links.

Yes, Honda's helmet and armor are in the game.

TheBarbarian said:
Hey, so I was looking through the cheatmenu list, and I noticed two armors have missing textures. Redownloaded, still came up showing a missing texture (completely whited-out armors). They were item 671, Okegawa armor, and then item 700 or so, Tokugawa sharpshooter armor. Are these armors actually used by troops ingame?

They are not used by the troops ingame.

Osric said:
This seems interesting.

I've also noticed the Lords no longer use the new over-world models and have reverted back to vanilla warband models.

Would it also be possible to recruit neutral clan troops before you have your own fief?

1- In the new update im going to change the minimap models to Japanese models.

2-Unfortunately no. You have to have your own fief to recruit your own troops.

Bahael said:

That is because my mod uses lots of ram from your pc and unfortunately warband engine is not optimized well enough. I suggest you to decrease some graphical settings or battlesize to avoid random ctds.

Laevanas said:
So I found a rather annoying issue I hope can get resolved, though if I remember correctly it was also an issue in Geko 3.0, so that's likely a flaw deeper an than Daimyo Edition goes. This still seems to have the issue of companions never returning from missions you send them on. I.E. I sent one of them as an emmissary to another clan to try to make for peace, and two months later they still had not returned (when they are supposed to after 3 days), so if this could get at least some priority in fixing, that'd be great.

Also does anyone else notice Uma-Yumi's are FAR too over-used? They are Hatomoto Cavalry with bows, yet I see lords fielding armies of 20+ of them, even when the lord has a total of 40 people! This kinda irks me as the Uma-Yumi is almost the be-all-end-all of units in this mod, and for them to be so common is rather infuriating.

Gekokujo 3.0 had a bug regarding the companions never returning from missions and unfortunately my mod is based on 3.0. Only the companions from forts have that bug you can still send the companions from taverns to missions.

Bow cavalry was a huge thing in Japanese armies so its pretty common for them to field such numbers because every samurai knew how to use bows back then. BUT in terms of gameplay you're actually right if a lord fields 20 uma yumi when he has total 40 men thats a problem. I'll tweak it a little.

Thanks!

------

For all people complaining about guns' accuracy, i want you to know i actually made them less accurate in Daimyo Edition by atleast 30~35%. In vanilla gekokujo all the gunmen were like snipers, they are not anymore. :smile:

Bahael said:
Oldtimer said:
Hi all,

Rgds, Oldtimer

The horo was a bag that samurai had on their backs.

While riding the bag blew up like a balloon, theoretically protecting against arrows coming from behind.

I don't know how they work in the mod though, I assume it's just decoration.

THX for your attn.

Rgds, Oldtimer

The new update for the Gekokujo Daimyo Edition has been released!  :party:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gekokujo-daimyo-edition-updated-version/downloads/gekokujo-daimyo-edition-update-2

RoboSenshi said:
Is there a fix for sending out recruiters? Also you can't send caravans to give gifts to people. That whole aspect of the mod seems to be bugged.

dsub said:
Hi, found a bug.
Shimazu clan keeps fighting zero funai garrison nonstop and this message keeps appearing (Your caravan sending Sake to Lord Musashi has been defeated near Funai)
When i try to enter the city, i end up meeting myself
When i try to enter the battle, there is steel 0 otomo troops
Please add it to the buglist, your mod is the best around.
If you need a savegame here it is
This also started happening to me as well and it's also with Funai and the Otomo Clan. It's very frustrating. Is it happening to anyone else? Has anyone found a fix.
Did you manage to get to these bugs?

Back
Top Bottom