Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kameraden said:
MrSplashy said:
Haha! Nice, now I don't need to install some mods to make my experience with Gekokujo be more fun! Thank you!

Ya but it isn't perfect.  It has some minor bugs.  Like the world map "character" when on horse looks like stock Mount & Blade instead of Gekokujo.  Among a few other minor things I've noticed.  But oddly that one bugs me more than any other. 

Agreed. So far my only complaints are that one and the fact that archery seems to lack a certain "oomph". More often than not I barely hear a sound when I fire off an arrow.

Feels... lacking, somehow.

Khiel Gauthier said:
Kameraden said:
MrSplashy said:
Haha! Nice, now I don't need to install some mods to make my experience with Gekokujo be more fun! Thank you!

Ya but it isn't perfect.  It has some minor bugs.  Like the world map "character" when on horse looks like stock Mount & Blade instead of Gekokujo.  Among a few other minor things I've noticed.  But oddly that one bugs me more than any other. 

Agreed. So far my only complaints are that one and the fact that archery seems to lack a certain "oomph". More often than not I barely hear a sound when I fire off an arrow.

Feels... lacking, somehow.

That icon thing is fixed in this thread somewhere and im going to upload a separate fix for that very soon along with the arrow sound bug. It seems that when uploading the mod theres been a mistake with the sound files i'll locate the bug and fix it. I'm also working on a fix for sashimono colour bug, i'll see if i can fix that too.

Would it be possible to add smoke effects for guns similar to Sayazn or L'aigle? They both have really prominent smoke and muzzle flash with shadows on the particles. I tried myself but ended up with invisible smoke so

Bifron said:
Would it be possible to add smoke effects for guns similar to Sayazn or L'aigle? They both have really prominent smoke and muzzle flash with shadows on the particles. I tried myself but ended up with invisible smoke so
I maybe able to add them. Currently trying to animate flora (almost done).

-----

Also as most of you know I was able to add multiple entrances for some castles and towns but they lacked multiple spawn points to work properly, finally i figured how to add multiple spawn points and going to implement that in the next update. Im also going to enable horses for attacking side in some siege battles with multiple entrances so that player can charge through the gatehouse! :smile: 

Animated sashimono demo : http://www.moddb.com/mods/gekokujo-daimyo-edition-updated-version/videos/sashimono-animation-demo

Also checkout the images section in moddb to see horses in a siege scene!

Thank You , Shipment of Sake on the way. Great gameplay and fun mod to play. Please continue upgrading.

Great mod, really enjoying playing it but I have some questions:

1- It's really hard to battle at night time, I know nights are black realistically but for gameplay purposes they should be way lighter, I mean it gets to the point where I have no idea where the enemies are and if I have even hitting them. Is there a way to make it lighter?

2- Playing the mod I noticed that the music stops and often starts again abruptly and I find that a little annoying, is there a way I can make so the music plays all the time without stopping?

tr1ckz said:
Great mod, really enjoying playing it but I have some questions:

1- It's really hard to battle at night time, I know nights are black realistically but for gameplay purposes they should be way lighter, I mean it gets to the point where I have no idea where the enemies are and if I have even hitting them. Is there a way to make it lighter?

2- Playing the mod I noticed that the music stops and often starts again abruptly and I find that a little annoying, is there a way I can make so the music plays all the time without stopping?

1- I didnt make nights darker, its how the mod is originally. Try to increase your gamma in options

2- Again nothing to do about that either unfortunately, that happens in every other mod once in a while.

Hi, found a bug.
Shimazu clan keeps fighting zero funai garrison nonstop and this message keeps appearing (Your caravan sending Sake to Lord Musashi has been defeated near Funai)
When i try to enter the city, i end up meeting myself
When i try to enter the battle, there is steel 0 otomo troops
Please add it to the buglist, your mod is the best around.
If you need a savegame here it is

Awesome mod, although I only wish there were more masks! Hannya masks, menpo masks without the helmet or mask attached would be really cool.
I did find one mask that was awesome, I stumbled on it while taking over Naputay (Not sure If I spelled it right) the Yuma mask is really badass.

So the economy is royally ****ed in this submod. armor and weapons go between (good ones mind you) of 5-50k.  meanwhile your net gain from industries is MAYBE 500-800 each and it decreases steadily as demand goes down. troop wages might be cheap, but you aren't affording anything on an economy like that.

Before your fixes which by the way thanks for those truly, the economy for weapons and gear was normal and the enterprise economy wasn't so bad.  did something odd get changed when you made the patch in?  because the best way to make money is to literally steal from farmers and villages for weeks, serve in an army with at least 7- 8 in looting skill (by the way stuff might buy for outrageous prices, but stores only generally have 1-2 k to offer and the gear isn't sold for anywhere near as much as it buys for. and I character edited in 10 trade, nothing changed. selling is next to pointless as most stuff has little value to begin with and everything is oddly expensive.)

I'm not opposed to thievery, but its literally the ONLY GOOD WAY to make money to outfit companions and everything, and the ones I use despise stealing from villages, which again, sells for a net loss.  You gain a negative rep and still don't get paid.  Just want to make sure something in the economy didn't break there.

KaleShibata said:
So the economy is royally ****ed in this submod. armor and weapons go between (good ones mind you) of 5-50k.  meanwhile your net gain from industries is MAYBE 500-800 each and it decreases steadily as demand goes down. troop wages might be cheap, but you aren't affording anything on an economy like that.

Before your fixes which by the way thanks for those truly, the economy for weapons and gear was normal and the enterprise economy wasn't so bad.  did something odd get changed when you made the patch in?  because the best way to make money is to literally steal from farmers and villages for weeks, serve in an army with at least 7- 8 in looting skill (by the way stuff might buy for outrageous prices, but stores only generally have 1-2 k to offer and the gear isn't sold for anywhere near as much as it buys for. and I character edited in 10 trade, nothing changed. selling is next to pointless as most stuff has little value to begin with and everything is oddly expensive.)

I'm not opposed to thievery, but its literally the ONLY GOOD WAY to make money to outfit companions and everything, and the ones I use despise stealing from villages, which again, sells for a net loss.  You gain a negative rep and still don't get paid.  Just want to make sure something in the economy didn't break there.

I quite disagree that thievery is the only way to make money, and - I do vaguely remember Gekokujo's economy being odd as well, though admittedly I haven't played "Vanilla" Geko in awhile. As for how you can make quite a bit of money, there's a few ways. One which requires you to be neutral to all factions, is to train up Prisoner Management, then join in-progress battles between lords. Because you have no stakes, you can side with whomever you like, meaning you can always take the winning side. On top of that, if you bring companions only, you can safely auto-battle that out and take prisoners as you please, which you can then sell anywhere. If you take only samurai, you can /easily/ make up to 2-3k a battle.

As far as prices on items costing 50k, I've never seen anything QUITE that high, the highest I saw was about 27k for a Masterwork item, and those indeed were also VERY expensive in base Gekokujo, though I imagine because of some of the new additions of armor and weapons, Daimyo Edition might make this more noticable when those pop up as Lordly or Masterwork.

Also I do apologize if this is a wall of text!

I guess that depends on the version. In 3.0 I newer had any items with such a high price and find that you can get by quite reasonably if you own a city to tax. But I imagine that you would struggle with fielding top level equipment if you only own a village or something. But that's not really a bad thing, is it? The mod is definitively geared toward land owning as opposed to trade or living off bandit hunting though.

PPQ_Purple said:
I guess that depends on the version. In 3.0 I newer had any items with such a high price and find that you can get by quite reasonably if you own a city to tax. But I imagine that you would struggle with fielding top level equipment if you only own a village or something. But that's not really a bad thing, is it? The mod is definitively geared toward land owning as opposed to trade or living off bandit hunting though.
Laevanas said:
I quite disagree that thievery is the only way to make money, and - I do vaguely remember Gekokujo's economy being odd as well, though admittedly I haven't played "Vanilla" Geko in awhile. As for how you can make quite a bit of money, there's a few ways. One which requires you to be neutral to all factions, is to train up Prisoner Management, then join in-progress battles between lords. Because you have no stakes, you can side with whomever you like, meaning you can always take the winning side. On top of that, if you bring companions only, you can safely auto-battle that out and take prisoners as you please, which you can then sell anywhere. If you take only samurai, you can /easily/ make up to 2-3k a battle.

As far as prices on items costing 50k, I've never seen anything QUITE that high, the highest I saw was about 27k for a Masterwork item, and those indeed were also VERY expensive in base Gekokujo, though I imagine because of some of the new additions of armor and weapons, Daimyo Edition might make this more noticable when those pop up as Lordly or Masterwork.

Also I do apologize if this is a wall of text!

well see in terms of stable early game income you're not left with many options besides battles or expensive quests coming up (some of them requiring considerable intelligence skills to be at least 6 or 7.)  Store owners rarely have more than 2-3k mon for me, meaning I can only sell so much from looting.  if you use the freelancer mod for easy levels you're barely getting paid, making the early game a monstrous drag.  While villages offer plenty, don't forget that unless you get past the miserable base renown gain in base game stats (this mod does not adjust that) You're basically mixing time between hunting for tournaments, embedding in armies until your intelligence based stats are around 6 or 7 for what you'll do, and Stealing.  At least thats the grind I end up in...because joining a faction when you can barely contribute troops is absurdly pointless: your village is raided constantly and if your village is raided its connecting towns lose economy, increasing the problem. 

Now if you somehow score ownership of a castle (to guarantee this I've found your renown NEEDS to be over 700, and you have to have multiple lords with 6-10 affinity with you and not haven gotten any land in a considerable amount of time, or the lord will overrule the choice when the game calculates who gets it.), then you have the drain that requires a economy to get around between battles.  Industries don't cover that at all, and any faction at war with you will deny enterprise funds...meaning you have to keep fighting them. villages often fail to contribute even with high affinity due to multiple reasons.  If you own several forts (requires a chunk of charisma investment for leadership and easy access to the location...) Then you have stuff from there.

Now I could do the prisoner management, but the major issue there is I usually never put more than maybe 3 points in max (party morale plummets if you can't get rid of them and they slow you down.) is I again fall into the problem of war is all you can do. It just feels like I'm stuck doing the same exact things no matter how I'd like to play. Freelancer,in this mod specifically, fixes one major problem which is gaining affinity: if your lord loses, just go back to him and you get a monsterous affinity gain. do this about 3 or 4 times and you can have them willing to follow you anywhere.

I think you are going about it all wrong. For a start don't level using freelancer. It's useless. Not to mention buggy. Instead you should level by grinding on bandits. And to grind on bandits properly you need companions. All of them. So disable companion arguing in the camp menu and run around Japan until you have recruited them all. By the time you've done that you should have enough loot from fighting small groups of bandits to get you going. And since some of them start with rather good equipment you can borrow you'll be set for gear as well.

From that point on just grind on bandits, especially the Ezo until you can afford to get everyone Hamato armor. And yes, armor. Not guns or bows or swords. Those matter far less than good armor. Once you've done that you should have a lot of renown (from killing all those bandits) and a lot of gold (again, from ransoming away and selling loot) to get you going. Now just find a lord or as I like to do a claimaint.

In terms of stat progression your priorities should be: Leadership > combat stats in that order. Looting is best left for companions but you need to get at least one of them to 10 in it ASAP.

In terms of which troops to recruit until you become a lord: don't. Companions only and all the way. Well that and if you happen to liberate any really, really good prisoners.

PPQ_Purple said:
I think you are going about it all wrong. For a start don't level using freelancer. It's useless. Not to mention buggy. Instead you should level by grinding on bandits. And to grind on bandits properly you need companions. All of them. So disable companion arguing in the camp menu and run around Japan until you have recruited them all. By the time you've done that you should have enough loot from fighting small groups of bandits to get you going. And since some of them start with rather good equipment you can borrow you'll be set for gear as well.

From that point on just grind on bandits, especially the Ezo until you can afford to get everyone Hamato armor. And yes, armor. Not guns or bows or swords. Those matter far less than good armor. Once you've done that you should have a lot of renown (from killing all those bandits) and a lot of gold (again, from ransoming away and selling loot) to get you going. Now just find a lord or as I like to do a claimaint.

In terms of stat progression your priorities should be: Leadership > combat stats in that order. Looting is best left for companions but you need to get at least one of them to 10 in it ASAP.

In terms of which troops to recruit until you become a lord: don't. Companions only and all the way. Well that and if you happen to liberate any really, really good prisoners.

I'm aware that with crap armor companions die in more or less one hit, which is the entire problem when I'm playing.  reason I don't bother with companions (minus the cheat to disable companion arguing which I usually do anyways because its a stupid mechanic)is they are better at auto calculations than actual fighting prowess...Ai's kind of incredibly dumb for them. As for leadership stats, I'd love to, but not dying in one hit is far better.  Also again, Playing the EXACT SAME WAY EACH TIME whether I'd like to try anything else or not. also bandits with good gear...typically carry guns...meaning you can be randomly one shot from the other end of the map.  Unless you're dealing with east area bandits.

I suppose if I'm stuck doing that I can always just go for a silly build to break up the monotone style in which I have to actually gain my levels. I'd just like to not have to do a int build grind all the time for any sort of money income.  Part of the reason I use freelancer is mostly because its the only real time I have fun with grind for levels, and half the time its proficiency training without having to worry about a party to manage on your own (yet somehow your stats in surgery and wound treatment still count in armies you become part of hilariously enough...) Any character I have that's hit the 150 day mark in this mod so far have all been (surprise) intelligence builds. 

Also as for selling things you get off bandits points right back at my first issue: too little money, too slow. unless you have cheat mode enabled allowing you to teleport far distances JUST to sell things. towns take longer to refresh than it takes to fill my inventory with loot.

Back
Top Bottom