Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Might be a corrupted install. That error certainly sounds like it's a missing or damaged file. Try downloading and installing again.

Edit 2:

Okay, I've just bashed my head into this agian.
This actually seems to be a bug of some sort now.
Even when using mostly vanilla Gekokujo 3.1 (just adding a few items), the Siege Maps are unplayable for me.
Gates never seem to fall and when there is no Gate (such as Engineer-based Sieges or even with Gates disabled) it seems as if there's an invisible wall where the gate should be.
I don't really know what else to say/look into.
(I'll hush now.)

Hello, new poster here.

Probably going to sound silly, but I've encountered a problem with the 3.1 sieges when using Melphiz's submod.

I say this even though I've only experienced 2 Gekokujo sieges, having preferred to play as the legendary nobody (Vagabond-style) before and this was my first time trying to be a vassal (to the Oda), so I admit that I really have no idea how Gekokujo sieges work (or if it was Melphiz's submod that caused it).

Anyway, it seems that the gates during a siege never fall (are they even supposed to?) and the AI has no idea what to do about them.
I stood back and watched a 200 man army get crushed by 30 defenders poking their spears through the gate (clipping).

If it's important, the two maps I've seen this on was Nagashima Fortress and Tsu.
Nagashima Fortress we ended up winning anyway because it's possible for the player to skirt around the castle and get through an unprotected gate - and it was basically just me vs ~30 angry defenders.
Tsu was where I watched the army get crushed until I just left them alone and autocalc won the battle.

Is this a bug or is this just an issue on my end?

---

Edit:
How many times can I smack myself?
Melphiz's mod hasn't been updated since 2014, 3.1 was uploaded in 2015 and they modify the same files.
The problem was on my end.
You can disregard this post, I'm just leaving it here for the sake of admitting how silly I can be at times honesty.

---

PPQ_Purple said:
Osric said:
No way to change it? Consol code ingame?
The only way I've found is to mod the game to trigger an event that resets your reputation with bandits.
Weird, 3.1 Beta (but not sure about 3.1 Preview) was supposed to have this reputation reset as a daily trigger

Also, I'm back in business, just gimme a bit to catch up on things

Any chance that once (and if) we get the 3.1 code you could put some special mark around this event for me so that I know what to look for when digging through the code? Essentially the special power I added to one of my companion ministers is to declare war or peace on the bandit factions so I'll need to add some bits to the code to prevent it from triggering if the minister is this companion.

I found this 'bug' amusing:

73ZjoTu.jpg

I have started my own clan, and as I capture cities and castles it says I have the option to give them to my vassals at a later time and the added benefit is that it might attract lords from other clans to my clan.  This has been the case and I now have a few lords more but when I go to my capitol and talk with my advisors I am only made aware that certain castles still have not been awarded to someone but there is no option to give it to anyone.  When I see my lords in the field I can ask them who they think it should be given to and I have the same from one of my advisors.  Any city I capture now I am able to assign right away with no problem.  I play on the version currently on Steam.

Do you have a minister? Also is that minister a companion? IIRC you need to have a companion minister and he/she will let you assign fiefs.

No my minister is not a companion, all of them are minor city officials or however the game calls them. I will give that a try and see if it makes a difference.

Suggestion:
There should be a sword stance system.
Like a quick draw stance and so on.
It would look cooler but i don't know how much programming it would take.
So this is just a suggestion and you don't need even read it.

"Do you have a minister? Also is that minister a companion? IIRC you need to have a companion minister and he/she will let you assign fiefs." - PPQ_Purple

Yes this solved my problem, thank you very much! I know I've told you before but I love this Mod!

Hi, I just installed Gekokujo and played it for a bit, and noticed that the textures on the characters like to flicker between the main texture that the player is always supposed to see, and something else which I can only describe as perhaps a second skin of that texture. I can manually make the texture switch by rotating the camera on my character, at certain angles the texture will change.

This is disconcerting on the battlefield; is there a fix for this? Thanks!

Sounds to me like you have some sort of corruption going on. Have you tried downloading the mod again? Might be a corrupted download.

I'll download it again. Strange, no one's had this problem yet though.

Update: Downloaded & installed it again, but no fix.

Here are a few images of what I'm talking about:

2w5ru39.jpg

34956cj.jpg

n32o1k.jpg

Rotating the camera just a bit changes the texture on my armor for some reason. I don't believe the module is corrupt. Also the armor of my army changes.

What armor is that? Is it yukino****a armor? Cause I know when I play directx 7, that armor doesn't have correct textures. Try to use directx 9

Liphet said:
I'll download it again. Strange, no one's had this problem yet though.

Update: Downloaded & installed it again, but no fix.

Here are a few images of what I'm talking about:

2w5ru39.jpg

34956cj.jpg

n32o1k.jpg

Rotating the camera just a bit changes the texture on my armor for some reason. I don't believe the module is corrupt. Also the armor of my army changes.

I have the exact problem and thts why i stopped playing it. It happens foer the amour of the date and one or two other clans. cant remember exactly cause i didnt play it for a long time. the veteran hired soldiers and all onabushis plus some nanban amours have also the same prob

KhivalrousBear said:
What armor is that? Is it yukino****a armor? Cause I know when I play directx 7, that armor doesn't have correct textures. Try to use directx 9

I was hoping it wasn't directx, but I too use DX 7, so it must be. Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if there could be a possible fix besides using DX 9, as I can't use it currently?

A quick suggestion , idk if anyone else has this problem ( i think everyone has it and its not a bug)
But its annoying when you alt-tab the sound from the game still exists , would be cool if you can do something about that so that the sound turns off as you alt tab...

StodOne said:
A quick suggestion , idk if anyone else has this problem ( i think everyone has it and its not a bug)
But its annoying when you alt-tab the sound from the game still exists , would be cool if you can do something about that so that the sound turns off as you alt tab...
I think that's a general warband thing. Fundamentally a mod maker can't really effect such behavior.

Back
Top Bottom