Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

aaaaaand I'm back again (for now)

Articulo34 said:
The Bad aka Buggy things
1. The first siege door is always open, which prevents in some cases any redistribution of the men with some being trapped between the enemy and the second door.

2. During the infiltration scene doors are closed. This might prevent the player from either engaging the enemy or fleeing. It´s tedious having to change the option whenever you feel sneaky.

3. Defensive sieges are tricky because of doors. Even without the first bug the player must choose to stay, fight and risk getting trapped should the enemy slaughter the first wave of defenders or flee towards the respawn point before the enemy breaks in.

4. New bridge scene. For some reason many troops are unable to move, you have to go close to them, call for the closest ones to follow and then pray that they´ll obey. Not very good when the enemy is on top of you within a few seconds.

The Ugly aka Things I hate
1. The AI seems to use formations more often now than in the previous 3.1 beta, but IMHO not often enough. I still see proper armies charging in like headless chicken too frequently.

2. Kyoto´s siege scene. This is no siege at all, just a slaughter fest through the narrow streets of the town. It´s the kind of scene one would expect from the second stage of the siege.

The first siege door is only always open with engineering-based sieges (ninja-based sieges have them all closed, but with lower HP per door). I'll rethink that if it's a bit too annoying.

Good catch on the infiltration scenes -- those are supposed to be open and I just completely forgot about them

Everything else I'll address too, but I'll have to think over carefully. Especially the inconsistent AI formations -- I've combed over the new code tooth and nail and I'm not exactly sure what I forgot that makes them continue to act like idiots

I keep blaming my lousy internet (which is true, to a point), but slow progress is also due to me splitting my time with my other project

halftexturedzcz.png

rivets5ingrg.png

penguinenginpqp.png

bridgemoderkr.png

(the last two look especially awful because my in-engine models are just placeholders)

I think we should make it so that commoner players join armies as Ashigaru instead of Ji-Samurai. If we managed to serve our lord with high enough distinction, the lord would eventually promote us to the ranks of Samurai.This is pretty much happen with Toyotomi Hideyoshi.

phlpp said:
aaaaaand I'm back again (for now)
Everything else I'll address too, but I'll have to think over carefully. Especially the inconsistent AI formations -- I've combed over the new code tooth and nail and I'm not exactly sure what I forgot that makes them continue to act like idiots.
Just to clarify. It´s not exactly the old Native YOLO charge that bandits do (which happens, but it´s more rare). They move slightly to their right usually with their cavalry ahead, but instead of stopping every once in a while to form up, they keep going. This means I can easily counter their cavalry by moving my spearmen to the flank and still have time to move them again to counter their infantry.

By the bye, are you making a modern naval combat game? Because that would be interesting indeed.

Yeah, the era is post-ww2 (1950s to 2000s) with anti-ship missiles, subs with homing torpedoes, maritime patrol craft with sonobuoys, jet carrier aircraft, and so on. It's a somewhat-open world singleplayer RPG like mass effect, kotor, and the old final fantasy games. During battles, you control your ship or sub. In between battles, you steam around the world map, walk around inside your ship, make port visits, interact with your crew (as in the normandy, or ebon hawk, or the highwind, etc), and so on

So far, whenever I lose steam on gekokujo I move on to that game, and whenever I lose steam on that game I move back to gekokujo, though I had a few days last month where I was burned out from both

So I've run into an odd bug with the latest version (3.1). Not sure if it's been reported yet, so if it's a repeat then sorry.

Whenever a battle has progressed to the point where the only remaining enemies are routing (trying to escape the map but haven't reached the edge yet), then I get the notification that the battle can be ended - you know, the 'you are victorious, press tab to exit' things. If I do it, however, then I progress to a second stage battle with the troops that were still on the map when I ended i.e. they're not properly registered as having been routed, so they come back for more. This doesn't happen if they manage to reach the edge of the map, and it obviously doesn't happen if they are killed before doing so.

It's just annoying to have to go back into battle for two measly units, especially given the state of autocalc - I didn't want to have to deal with it once, so I set my army of 90 decent tier troops to take out two monk rebels. They did it, but lost a Master Gunner in the process. :/

I know a lot of people are having gate problems in the 3.1 beta but my problem is slightly different:

When disguising and sneaking into castles the gates are always locked. A horde of angry guards try to attack me but can't reach me because they are stuck behind the gate. I had to use a cheat to knock the guards out as retreating only gives the option to surrender. The gates are correctly open though after the game says you 'lost the guards' and reloads the courtyard.

On a side note, gates during actual sieges seem to be working fine for me.

I'm using 1.168 with 3.1 beta. I couldn't find 1.166 on this site and thought 1.168 would be ok to use since the last two versions only made changes to Viking Conquest.

A second bug I get is a game crash from random encounters: http://i.imgur.com/kFm2ICT.png

Most encounters work fine but when it's preceded by that error message it always freezes or CTDs after I kill everyone.

Woopzilla said:
I know a lot of people are having gate problems in the 3.1 beta but my problem is slightly different:

When disguising and sneaking into castles the gates are always locked. A horde of angry guards try to attack me but can't reach me because they are stuck behind the gate. I had to use a cheat to knock the guards out as retreating only gives the option to surrender. The gates are correctly open though after the game says you 'lost the guards' and reloads the courtyard.

I'm using 1.168 with 3.1 beta. I couldn't find 1.166 on this site and thought 1.168 would be ok to use since the last two versions only made changes to Viking Conquest.

A second bug I get is a game crash from random encounters: http://i.imgur.com/kFm2ICT.png

Most encounters work fine but when it's preceded by that error message it always freezes or CTDs after I kill everyone.
The doors not working during infiltration is a known bug. The second one used to happen to me in the previous 3.1 beta, I thought it was fixed.

Woopzilla said:

oof, thanks for posting that screenshot, the error message will help a lot in tracking that down

Loving the mod and the new update! However, I don't seem to be able to find any book merchants. Is this WAD, a bug or am I just blind?

vintis88 said:
Loving the mod and the new update! However, I don't seem to be able to find any book merchants. Is this WAD, a bug or am I just blind?
I have book merchants in my game. There are a lot of towns, so its probably harder to encounter them.

Have you tried asking travellers? Although by the time you get there the merchants probably moved...

zyonix said:
vintis88 said:
I have book merchants in my game. There are a lot of towns, so its probably harder to encounter them.

Have you tried asking travellers? Although by the time you get there the merchants probably moved...

I asked one and he replied that he hadn't met any lately...

vintis88 said:
zyonix said:
vintis88 said:

I asked one and he replied that he hadn't met any lately...

Scratch that, I seem to have randomly found one with a new character. Do they not always spawn?

Is the next version of this mod going to have any form of automation as far as the NPC forts you can capture go? Like maybe remote control over what they do, or making them produce the same thing for X weeks or caravans to get it to your capital? I am asking because I need to know for my own modding.

Propbably already been asked before but... European period clothing, armor, weapons and  mercenaries, trading factories, religion and related factions pretty plz? :razz: :grin:

It's not likely going to happen. The reason for that is because foreign presence in Japan during the time Gekokujo is covering was actually surprisingly light aside from missionaries and traders.

Fair enough :smile: I was thinking on an alternative history kind of idea I will admit and my knowledge on the era is lacking somewhat, I know far more about the Boshin War etc, then I do about the Sengoku Jidai :smile: perhaps just some European clothing and weapons for the European/christian characters in the game maybe?

There already sort of are european weapons in the form of Portuguese teppos and nanban-do, and
George bush
as a companion.

Adding custom items of your own is really easy. In my opinion too much foreign stuff is immersion-breaking, and there were arguments over chinese stuff since even that is somewhat ahistorical. Better for people to customise their own experiences; wouldn't want this to turn into anither installment of Sengoku Rance...

dqjpm.png

Back
Top Bottom