Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

phlpp, have you ever considered to add Brytenwalda´s naval combat system into Gekokujo? IIRC it wasn´t exactly polished (or at least not to the point they´ve got it in Viking Conquest), but it was functional.

First time playing this mod. Downloaded the base game, overwrote with beta patch because I read it fixed sieges.

Made a new game, ****ed around with hiring some peasants, joined up with a Takeda lord, and then started getting a "The peasants of <character name> have rioted against you! In a surprise attack, men loyal to you have been slain. The rest joined the angry crowd."

Hit "continue," goes away, but pops up again a few moments later. Rinse and repeat. Then the lord I'm with gets attacked by another lord's army, and the message that popped up was the same as above. Click continue, the message immediately pops up again. Can't do anything.

The base 3.0 game doesn't have a problem with sieges, only a previous beta 3.1 patch did -- could you try the base 3.0 out and see what happens?

2 minor bugs I have seen.

Every lord encounter includes the 'I see you have a banner but don't recognise it' line. I don't have a banner.
The biography says I was a music player before the game started. I was a monk.

phlpp said:
did you join a lord as a freelancer? if so, i think i have an idea of where that particular bug comes from
Yes I have. Joined the Oda under Nobunaga.

Oh and 1 very minor issue which is just me being pedantic really.

The Kyoto arena has a table with sushi. Sushi didn't exist until the Meiji period. Sashimi and rice were eaten.

haitch40 said:
The Kyoto arena has a table with sushi. Sushi didn't exist until the Meiji period. Sashimi and rice were eaten.

I'm impressed you spotted that.
Sushi for eating already existed during the late Edo period, but it's still a 19th century thing, so it's indeed a post period type of food.
There is an older type of sushi that's period correct, but it was for the preservation of the fish, so you wouldn't see that type of sushi on your dinner plate during the 16th century.

Edit:
It has been brought to my attention that the older form of sushi was also eaten, I looked into it a bit deeper, here is a good article out it:  http://www.sushiencyclopedia.com/sushi/history_of_sushi.html

phlpp said:
The base 3.0 game doesn't have a problem with sieges, only a previous beta 3.1 patch did -- could you try the base 3.0 out and see what happens?

Found the problem. A few of the files were corrupt. Re-downloaded, working fine so far.

don't know if this actual or not, but i'll say it. What about squads? Are they planned to be done in Geko? I saw this feature in Warwolf mod.

Jamould said:
Are Yari in 3.1 preview supposed to have no side-swings , or is this a bug?
Yes. Now Yari can do the regular chest thrust and an overhead thrust. This works much better for the AI since those attacks cannot be interrupted mid-way by a friendly that´s behind or side by side with the attacker.

With the latest 3.1 beta. There's some weird glitch on the water on the HD world map. Can't take a screenshot right now but somehow I get a big streak on the water across the map.

Hi all! Great mod you did there, but I really miss some things that could make the game better imho:
-quests. We are all fed up with native old quests. Some new, lore-related would be great.
-weapon breaking. This mod Could use thesame system as Viking conquest... That would make wakizashi useful. Now if I'm trying to be historically accurate, I carry both wakizashi and katana but I'm never forced to use wakizashi. And it still takes one of my few slots (as we are limited by the engine). If my katana would brake from time to time, it would be better.
-shield swords. Another solution for problem described above: if you would make some wakizashis that would look normal but act as a shield, that would solve the problem, but it wouldn't be historically accurate. Another option is to make an option to switch between one handed/shield, like you can with "bastard swords". But I'm not sure if that can be done.
-swordfighting schools with small quests (this was suggested on first page of this thread I think). We want that!

Regarding 3.1 beta, I have a few observations to make:

The Good aka Things I love
1. Firearms reloading animations. They work, they fit, they look awesome.

2. Two-handed animations. Nothing says "Don´t mess with me" like standing still with a Nodachi resting on your shoulder.

3. New shoulder pads for high tier armor. You gotta love those curves.

4. Castle doors. Now that they work properly they bring another dimension to siege warfare and allow for new offensive tactics.

5. Working, stealing, random events...they all add depth and variety to the game. Attention to the detail at its finest.

6. Kyoto´s arena scene. Looks amazing and it´s a nice break from the old one.

The Bad aka Buggy things
1. The first siege door is always open, which prevents in some cases any redistribution of the men with some being trapped between the enemy and the second door.

2. During the infiltration scene doors are closed. This might prevent the player from either engaging the enemy or fleeing. It´s tedious having to change the option whenever you feel sneaky.

3. Defensive sieges are tricky because of doors. Even without the first bug the player must choose to stay, fight and risk getting trapped should the enemy slaughter the first wave of defenders or flee towards the respawn point before the enemy breaks in.

4. New bridge scene. For some reason many troops are unable to move, you have to go close to them, call for the closest ones to follow and then pray that they´ll obey. Not very good when the enemy is on top of you within a few seconds.

The Ugly aka Things I hate
1. The AI seems to use formations more often now than in the previous 3.1 beta, but IMHO not often enough. I still see proper armies charging in like headless chicken too frequently.

2. Kyoto´s siege scene. This is no siege at all, just a slaughter fest through the narrow streets of the town. It´s the kind of scene one would expect from the second stage of the siege.

Articulo34 said:
2. During the infiltration scene doors are closed. This might prevent the player from either engaging the enemy or fleeing. It´s tedious having to change the option whenever you feel sneaky.

I'm encountering this too, but turning off the siege doors option doesn't seem to affect the castle infiltration scenes. Enemies still spawn behind closed doors and I can't get to them. This is a game that was started in version 3.0

Is there a work around for this? (I'm open to editing the mod files or save)

Back
Top Bottom