Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

ShinySpoons said:
I sent Genko (a fort companion) out as an emissary and I haven't seen him since. The companion report says he's expected back in 0 days but he;s never returned to me.

I requested Bakunfei to join my party, not realizing it was full. He has since also dissapeared. On the compaion report it says he is attempting to rejoin the party. His whereabouts are unknown
Yeah, I'm having trouble fixing this part out of all things -- but don't worry, not because it's beyond my ability, but because this particular bug requires sifting through a lot of unrelated scripts

Yemeth said:
Interesting thing is, deserters still run away.
oh... interesting... I didn't know that part

Also, regarding the freeze on new game start: I suggest starting a new game in windowed mode so you can do something else rather than stare at the screen. Then after the game finally starts, you can save it and switch back to full screen (I play window mode as standard, however). Loading existing saved games is as quick as native

Hi everyone,

I want to start by saying that I really love this mod, wonderful job !

I hope this bug has not been already reported. I searched and found nothing so I hope I know how to search.

The chinese Wodao's scabbard "grow" when I take the sword out :

Sword In :
Wadao_In.jpg

Sword Out :
Wadao_Out.jpg

I did not see this problem on any other sword but I did not try them all.

Thanks for the mod !

I found some items disappearing in the inventory.
Has anyone encountered the same problem as mine??

Anyway, I totally loved this mod for its historical accuracy and the general mood, not based on the ridiculous stereotype of Japan unlike some movies and books about the country.

Thank you. Nice work!

Any way you guys can put the auxilary player feature in?

Like here
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=222871.0

Loving the mod guys :lol:

Not sure if these are bugs but they are annoying issues, I think.

* When owning a city and its villages and you have your own patrols patrolling around this area you will still lose all patrols when becoming independent from your old lord.

* [tested as a wife married to a lord from a clan] When speaking to your husband and claiming to be the Lady of Japan, you have no chat option with your previous Great Lord after becoming independent (and keeping your castles etc.) like: I wish to make peace (like you have usually after becoming independent and keeping your castles etc.) but instead only the option to restore the previous oath (which one never made as it is forced upon you when you've married a lord of that faction).
EDIT: Ah the bug is all the locations you owned before are now not assigned to anyone ... and I can't reassign them specifically, guess I'll have to modify some module files ...

(Idk if this should be posted here, feel free to tell me to move it somewhere else)

I have a bug where I can't even start the game. I get into the loading screen, but then this error pops up. I installed gekokujo using the installer, then installed it again using the .rar but it still wouldn't work. Any help would be appreciated

35ca4fbf7ca8a3266f722e3fae658beb.png

JuanTron said:
(Idk if this should be posted here, feel free to tell me to move it somewhere else)

I have a bug where I can't even start the game. I get into the loading screen, but then this error pops up. I installed gekokujo using the installer, then installed it again using the .rar but it still wouldn't work. Any help would be appreciated

Are you sure the user who is starting the game has access rights? Try starting as admin.

Also did you re-check if the file that cannot be loaded exists?

Good luck!

When I play Gekokujo, I actually find myself more attracted to the jingasas then the helmets proper, to the point that I handicap myself by continuing to wear them even as a general or enlisted samurai. While looking up jingasas on google, I found some more uniquely shaped ones that would be pretty cool to include in the mod

167kzr7.jpg

van00039b.jpg.html

2fed26676e77f44cfb4980c21626d2be.jpg

02ef4a26f61c341bedcbede2dcdb16ad.jpg

jingasa.bmp

Plus, comparing these to the other jingasas shaped like the ones in the mod, these seem to be a bit tougher in construction, and the ones in the sloping side would probably find it easier to deflect blows compared to the full dome ones (excluding the first cloth one, which maybe could be a stepping stone between sugegasas and jingasas). Maybe we could intersperse these into the high tier ashigarus so they're wearing a mix of regular helmets and "elite jingasas"

Yemeth said:
JuanTron said:

Are you sure the user who is starting the game has access rights? Try starting as admin.

Also did you re-check if the file that cannot be loaded exists?

Good luck!
I've tried looking in the .rar file+in resource but I can't find the file at all lol.

The game gets to "processing ini files" and just doesn't play. And yes, I do have admin rights. It's really stupid :/

Ok, delete all the Gekokujo rar files etc. you already downloaded, redownload it (e.g. from http://www.solem-lauda.com/gekokujo/gekokujo_3.0.exe ).

Delete all the previous installation(s) (double check your Steam folder, in my case C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules) of the mod before making the new installation.

Make a new install of the mod with the admin user and as the admin user launch M&B.

Does it work now?

Note, it is normal that it takes a long time when starting a new adventure, just wait (I am hoping that it will work now).

Good luck!

JuanTron said:
I've tried looking in the .rar file+in resource but I can't find the file at all lol.

The game gets to "processing ini files" and just doesn't play. And yes, I do have admin rights. It's really stupid :/

Yemeth said:
Ok, delete all the Gekokujo rar files etc. you already downloaded, redownload it (e.g. from http://www.solem-lauda.com/gekokujo/gekokujo_3.0.exe ).

Delete all the previous installation(s) (double check your Steam folder, in my case C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules) of the mod before making the new installation.

Make a new install of the mod with the admin user and as the admin user launch M&B.

Does it work now?

Note, it is normal that it takes a long time when starting a new adventure, just wait (I am hoping that it will work now).

Good luck!

JuanTron said:

Nevermind! The fresh reinstalled fixed it, thanks for the advice, however I still dont know what the hell was causing it as I have played version 3.0 before

Is it a bug, a forgotten check or a wanted feature that one (ruler) can give a fief as gift to a clan one of your vassals is already owning? (And he won't get mad if he loses it :grin:)

Pallanza said:
When I play Gekokujo, I actually find myself more attracted to the jingasas then the helmets proper, to the point that I handicap myself by continuing to wear them even as a general or enlisted samurai. While looking up jingasas on google, I found some more uniquely shaped ones that would be pretty cool to include in the mod

167kzr7.jpg

van00039b.jpg.html

2fed26676e77f44cfb4980c21626d2be.jpg

02ef4a26f61c341bedcbede2dcdb16ad.jpg

jingasa.bmp

Plus, comparing these to the other jingasas shaped like the ones in the mod, these seem to be a bit tougher in construction, and the ones in the sloping side would probably find it easier to deflect blows compared to the full dome ones (excluding the first cloth one, which maybe could be a stepping stone between sugegasas and jingasas). Maybe we could intersperse these into the high tier ashigarus so they're wearing a mix of regular helmets and "elite jingasas"

They look like jingasas of the Edo period to me  :???:

I find some bug and have one suggestion.

First, the scene map of AI mesh still need more work, specially player first quest's bandit hideout map.

Other one is scene lighting, I remember native have three different types lighting objects.
Add some lighting objects in to scene. It will be beautiful then now version.  :grin:

like thise:
XAahP8y.jpg

jacobhinds said:
I second that. Everyone takes screenshots in the tavern and there's absolutely no light.

I'm sorry about lose some detail suggestion.

I think need more decorative object to look realistic, like "Toro", the Japanese lamp.
The lamp is made by wood & paper, it's an important part of symbol in the Japanese building culture.
If you go into the historic Japanese tavern, will be seen many type those lamps from gate to room.

here is some photos
Toro(灯籠)
20140422003503b9f.jpg
1384068964-2404630547.jpg

kinokuniya_05_8.jpg
8670822.jpg

img_1

PS.
tavern's interior decorative object photos
24000082_3151_1.jpg
%E5%95%86%E5%AE%B6%E3%81%AE%E5%B8%B3%E5%A0%B4.jpg

img_8

%E6%97%85%E7%B1%A0_1%EF%BE%84%EF%BE%98%EF%BE%90%EF%BE%9D%EF%BD%B8%EF%BE%9E.jpg

outside look
teradayaryokan.jpg

69_1203924026.jpg

I'm not sure if it's possible in the Mount & Blade system, but one suggestion that I think would be particularly cool to have is the option for duels as an option to resolve certain conflicts. I know that certain situations can cause a duel (such as playing a female and having to prove that you are worthy, or proving you are more worthwhile than another suitor.) but I think it would be interesting to allow it to be an option for similar situations.

As an example, say that someone is attacking a castle of yours, and they have a 200+ strong army compared to your 40, and there is no real way you can win a skirmish against them. You approach them and you have an option to convince them not to attack you. If your persuasion is high enough, they might actually do it but more than likely they will refuse. However, after you have the option to challenge them to a duel of honor. Winning means they will turn away, but failure means you forfeit your castle/become a prisoner. Though a lord is under no obligation to say "yes" to a duel, refusal will mean that they face dishonor. Either way, win or lose a Lord isn't going to like you very much for calling his honor into question so this option wouldn't make you any friends.

In return, an opponent can also challenge you if he is outmatched and was running away from you, as opposed to trying to fight your army with his small force. You also have the option to accept or refuse, but refusal causes you to lose honor, but accepting causes you to gain honor (as you gave your opponent a fair chance).

Duel happens in a neutral area, no armor and basic katanas only. Maybe have a generic, somewhat flat field with good eye-candy scenery in the background to make it more interesting than the dojo. Or maybe in a bamboo forest that makes it difficult to swing your sword effectively. I think that this would be an interesting mechanic that would go well with the theme of feudal Japan.

For balance reasons (so you just aren't dueling everyone to get your way), I would make this option limited to situations where it works on the defense of your lands/people. Or maybe have it all where you win can conquer and unite Japan with simple swordsmanship alone, allowing you to have peace treaties signed from the outcome of a duel.

Back
Top Bottom