Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I started the game, really good and fun, but once I quit and went on it the next day, entering a battle or a town etc is reaally really slow, impossible to do. I ghen deleted the game and started again, worked fine, then it happened again. Warband works fine, any ideas?

I love this game! I love the military promotion and the constant warfare but...

The game could use these modifications:

1.) Increased inner dialogue with lords.
Create a court honor system where your honor with the clan increases with everyone based on how many battles you win. You can also have people who really hate you as you become more successful.  With enough court honor one can  become a higher magistrate or... marshall depending on choice
2.) Money should be used to easily influence any lord or city...
with an open scale to make everyone 99 with quite a lot of money.

3.) The ability to ask lord to commit seppuku after you have captured them in battle.

4.) Making the game more bureaucratic
I would like to build things... not actual things but... at least have a box that suggests things that can be built to increase prosperity to cities I like. As a lord you might have more permission to build more civil things, such a police center that has massive patrols to ward of bandits, or... law offices . Your court honor will increase in this, along with support of many lords, do this for many lords and the ruler may start to disfavor you

5.) Making taking over a clan a natural court honor shift,
it should be the ruler (or you) that eventually decides to force you out his clan which will result in all the lords that support you immediately joining your rebel army. In some cases... if the lords are powerful... you can start your own clan after this occurs.

6.) Ability to have many wives or husbands if court honor is high.

Basically, creating games inside the game will make everything more significant. The castle sieges and the warfare. Also it will be cool to have a game where the most powerful lord is not the one who is best able to swing his sword but control the political and economic climate.

The court honor system can correspond to an election panel where if the ruler of the clan might give the lords to the right to vote on who receives what fief, who becomes marshall and who becomes first magistrate... the number one bureaucratic lord. A bureaucratic will not to report for battle but will be charged with an aggressive loan to make the country better and increase prosperity of the country everyday.

This can be done by checking panels in villages that focus on rice or fish production, and using government loaned money to insure the clan reaps prosperity from its lands. A higher trade level makes you more efficient.

This is hard to do in war time... so... a bureaucratic lord can ask his ruler for military immunity so as to talk with the other ruler and on his own develop terms that can end the war. One's persuasion skill can become very very handy in doing this.

The point of a political lord... a bureaucratic lord is... to learn to control the game without bloodshed. This makes gaining power easier. This in no way takes power out of the hands of battle and military lords but... it creates the notion that power is not entirely in there might. I played the game as a merchant and a warrior, and although I succeed to some degree.. and it was one of the greatest learning experiences of my life... to me it was not enough.

Hello! I think an important feature to have would be the weapon damaging/breaking/losing scripts found at
  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127840.0.html
They make it sound like it's not too complex of a script to add but...

I tried adding it to the 3.1 beta but I couldn't wrap my head around the code...

As most of us know, the samurai and lesser troops carried extra weapons for use in battle.
This is because either the enemy becomes to close for the longer weapons, or your primary weapon was broken/lost.
There was even a famous instance recorded were the combating noble samurai, lost all of their weapons dueling and after this, resorted to ju-jitsu, and finally ended it with them both falling off a cliff.
If this code was used, having back up weapons would finally make sense.

Would it be alright if somebody could do this, not just for me, but for Gekukujo and it's community.

and just thinking about other people, if it could be toggle-able script for those who like to role-play, it would be a nice feature.

If nobody cares enough about it and plenty of time passes by maybe, I'll try again (likely to be sloppily done, if I even succeed at all).

Edit: I managed to implement the code successfully, so I'll take this over to sub mods.

filtratedbread said:
Hello! I think an important feature to have would be the weapon damaging/breaking/losing scripts found at
  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127840.0.html
They make it sound like it's not too complex of a script to add but...

I tried adding it to the 3.1 beta but I couldn't wrap my head around the code...

As most of us know, the samurai and lesser troops carried extra weapons for use in battle.
This is because either the enemy becomes to close for the longer weapons, or your primary weapon was broken/lost.
There was even a famous instance recorded were the combating noble samurai, lost all of their weapons dueling and after this, resorted to ju-jitsu, and finally ended it with them both falling off a cliff.
If this code was used, having back up weapons would finally make sense.

Would it be alright if somebody could do this, not just for me, but for Gekukujo and it's community.

and just thinking about other people, if it could be toggle-able script for those who like to role-play, it would be a nice feature.

If nobody cares enough about it and plenty of time passes by maybe, I'll try again (likely to be sloppily done, if I even succeed at all).

I've wanted this for a long time now, we could finally have a proper use for the different sword making traditions like Soshu-den, Bizen-den, etc. As they could (and should) have a difference in durability.
We could also have cheap mass produced loan swords for the ashigaru.

We really need this in the game, well... at least I do.

Edit:
And just think about all the collectable high quality swords we could find, maybe even some unique and famous swords.

Ichimonji Hidetora said:
I've wanted this for a long time now, we could finally have a proper use for the different sword making traditions like Soshu-den, Bizen-den, etc. As they could (and should) have a difference in durability.
We could also have cheap mass produced loan swords for the ashigaru.

We really need this in the game, well... at least I do.

Edit:
And just think about all the collectable high quality swords we could find, maybe even some unique and famous swords.

The Idea of unique swords is cool, and maybe the ability to repair the swords at a blacksmith could work, as long as the sword isn't beyond hope...?
And, probably too complex, but how often you used it in a battle/ or were taken prisoner, or etc. etc. would change how quickly it wore.

phlpp said:
Regarding sieges, though, are the empty garrisons after castles are traded back and forth a problem? A minimum garrison that applies to both the player and AI might do the trick, so that the defenders never go below 200 or some other moderate number
Really late on this, but I actually like the constant back and forth castle trading that happens when a castled gets "cracked", so to speak, and it means that you need to really make a campaign count (take like three, and then keep one). If you realize you can't defend your holdings, you can also gift extra conquests to allied factions if you're the ruler and let them worry about the upkeep.

PPQ_Purple said:
Realistically speaking though if you are standing in formation with 50 other guys left and right of you all with spears are you really going to be doing sideways swings?
That's already sort of covered by the fact that spears will catch on obstacles. Unfortunately the issue here is more the AI's terminal stupidity. A nice compromise might be giving back spears their overhead swing (assigning it to the left/right swings); this still keeps them very much a "field" weapon you wouldn't want to bring indoors but gives spear wielders some answer to a facehugging opponent.

Zohyo Monogatari attests to some sort of coordinated "spear slam" technique where ashigaru would swing their spears downward in a coordinated fashion, but the translation is a bit vague and it's unclear whether this was to bat enemy spears aside or actually strike the opposing side - but there's definitely some evidence that spears weren't just always used with the pointy end.

The granted equipment loaned for serving the Mori as a samurai retainer (at least on Great Lord Mori's party), when getting promoted to Veteran Mori Retainer, seems to be rather bugged. He apparently gave me a Katamari Yari and Heavy Bullets, in addition to the armor I already had, and that was it apparently. Might be a bug in assigning the items, but I didn't get the opportunity to extensively test, at least not so far.

Version 3.1 Beta for reference.

I'm sad to say I've run into a game breaking bug in version 3.1. I run into what seems to be an assassination attempt event and the game just stops. There are no prompts to click and I can't access the menus.
I tried reverting back to 3.0 (my savegame was originally 3.0) but it's no longer compatible.

Anyways here's what I'm getting:
1FzQ7hZ.jpg
or a variation of it.

The event keeps occuring no matter what I do. I have 1 agent and 1 experienced agent in my party that should work as bodyguards.

Please help me my make my savegame compatible with 3.0 again :sad:

Edit: I loaded a backed up savegame which was like a few minutes before the bug occured and managed to disable random encounters.

I wonder if we can have more complex sieges depending on the player's party engineering skill able to built more complex and more effective means of besieging castles such as various versions of siege weapons.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?538145-Samurai-Siege-Warfare
https://books.google.com.au/books?id=YwLtVGpq3nUC&pg=PA3&lpg=PA3&dq=far+eastern+siege+warfare&source=bl&ots=Nis-ogE983&sig=1ih8UBDB7f531MB7p0nmQCKmfoU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAGoVChMIytu_4JOWyQIVxeemCh0kXwbw#v=onepage&q=far%20eastern%20siege%20warfare&f=false
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1970235.Siege_Weapons_of_the_Far_East_1_

Attacker Engineering Skills:
Level 0: Have to break down gates during the assault, vulnerable to enemy sally parties
Level 1: Able to have specially trained engineers to break down the first gate prior to assault but player army will take loses. Vulnerable to sally parties
Level 2: Engineers can break down first grate prior to assault. Can build a palisade surrounding enemy fortress. Enemy sally parties effectiveness reduced by 20%. Reduces defenders food supply by 15 days
Level 3: Engineers can break down first gate prior to assault. Fortify siege camp to defend against both sally parties and relief armies. Effectiveness of sally parties reduced by 50%.
Level 4: Engineers can break down first gate prior to assault. Can build earthworks to reduce casualty losses from breaking down gate by 40%. Can build observation towers for the lookout for both sally parties and relief armies. Effectiveness of sally parties reduced by 85%
Level 5: Engineers can build a Tortoise Wagon Siege Ram. Reduces casualties from breaking down gates by 70%. Can fill in moats or raise siege mounds to be able to reduce complex siege weapons build time by 65%
Level 6: Engineers can build a Flying Cloud siege ladder to bypass first level of defenses and be able to attack the second level directly. Works like vanilla single player siege tower
Level 7: Engineers can build a Siege Tower. More protective than the Flying Cloud ladder. Able to put archers on top level to rain fire downwards on the defenders. Works like multiplayer siege tower
Level 8: Engineers can build a Traction Catapult to bombard enemy positions prior to the main assault. However range of the Traction Catapult range is short enough to put player within range of enemy defenders.
Level 9: Engineers can build a Cannon to bombard. More effective than the Catapult and is able to fire outside of defenders return fire.
Level 10: Engineers can sap enemy castle to able to bypass the second layer and directly assault the third layer. Has a chance to kill a number of defenders.

Loving the mod so far, but sometimes items will vanish from my inventory. :???:

EDIT: I had six horses at the bottom of my inventory and they have gone now.

EDIT 2: Horses have gone three times now. Is there a script that makes them run off after a certain period of time? If not, then something is definitely broken. Granted you don't really need to offset carry weight early on but soon as I gain more than 50 troops, my speed drops far too much. And the cost of constantly having to repurchase horses is not helping one bit.

Also, I've seen other mods have a function where you can permanently disable any moaning from Companions (as in they don't even talk about conflicts with others), would this be something you might consider implementing? I know you already have an option to stop them from leaving, but I tire of hearing them complain lol.

HI. I have finally got back to the mod.
I think it is still too easy in the late game.
here is my suggestion:
Why not use the same feature as in Total war Shogun.
After the kingdom u work for or ur own kingdom is big enough,
all other kingdoms will declare war at u.
Is ist also possible that the lords which join different clans can only use the troups of
tht clan.

Anyways thx for all and when is the next update/version coming????

That sounds like a horrible idea. It completely removes whole layers of the game just for the sake of having a pointless endgame war.

Not really. When big countries assert dominance over a region their weaker neighbours usually submit to them. Especially when none of the states have a unique culture or religion that the others can use as a justification.

Maybe if you were a big Jesuit clan that had been funded and supplied by the Ming dynasty, I guess in that case an endgame war would make sense. But otherwise it's just a cheap way of forcing big grindy wars in a game. It was only in shogun 2 because the AI is pretty stupid and has to be babysit with scripted events, especially in lategame.
I think the developers wanted everybody to have their own Sekigahara event, but the armies are all separated anyway so that never happens.

I actually like it when you can "finish" a game like that without having to conquer the entire map. I feel like once you own around 70% of everything, most of the opposition should be from within your own faction.

I concur. If it was up to me I'd make it that you don't even have to conquer that much land. It should be enough for you to have a strong network of alliances so that the great lords will support you to be the next shogun. And than the real challenge of ruling would begin as you need to work the politics of various nominally allied clans all serving you nominally but all with their own agendas.

Exactly. Having everyone turn on you, just because you're powerful is very unrealistic. Especially in this setting. It would be ridiculous. Typically, it's a smaller group that "declares war" on aggression and others might join their cause if it suits them or they might gain some benefit from doing so. The majority would most likely prefer to avoid conflict (as it would affect many aspects of their society, trade, well-being, etc.), bargaining or setting up some form of diplomacy with the strong faction.

I've always wanted Lords to plot against you though, not just switch faction or become indicted for treason but perhaps start their own uprising (similar to what you, as the player, do when rebelling and declaring independence). Obviously you would need an additional skill (Intrigue or Spying, something along those lines) to govern your ability to detect insurgents. But it's something I've always wanted to see in Warband.

... but if you've already taken almost half of Japan and there still wars between little clans... Thats self-destruction politics for them, thats madness. Daymio understand that in new Japan under 1 leader they will lose all their power. At least there must be 2 or 3 main leaders with many lower clans as vassals. 1) - those who fight for Shogun and old aristocracy. 2) - those who fight for most powerful and rich lords(like Oda, Shimazu, Mori, Date). 3) - and those who are used by both sides as "food for powder" and just looking for most convenient situation for themselves.

When you have at least 10 lords, you may even not take part in wars. Fast or slow they will conquer all Japan. Thats just question of time. At that moment i usually become vassal to the weakest clan and leave it))

Back
Top Bottom