Geart post from Reddit with awesome ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

fty170

Recruit
Old Guard
[–]MephistopholeesMercenary 79 points 14 hours ago

Supply lines. ****ing fetch quests. Some caravans should tail my army and supply my lords with food
Options with what to do with civilians in conquered fiefs, ala Total War
AI lords genuinely effected by economic hardship and military losses, not magically rebounding instantly because of their fancy fief. Loss of renown for losing major battles, losing battles where you outnumber the enemy, Pyrrhic victories against minor/unimportant lords and fiefs
More interface options for better communicating with your allied Lords your intentions and strategies.
"HEY DEFEND THE CAPITAL"
"NAH GOTTA RAID THIS ****HOLE FIEF"
Being properly recognized for your grasp of strategy. ****ing prick lords giving me **** for "running like a dog with a tail between my legs" from the Swadian vanguard. Mother ****ers with 30 men I killed 400 of them in the field and made a tactical retreat, and they were so hurt they went home. That scenario should of went, "Holy **** you saved the capital city, the King, and all the lords including the Marshall and you were a total badass Sun Tzu mother****er please be Marshall".
When I am constantly giving the Marshall strategic advice (which, by the way, needs to be expanded upon), and it works out to great effect, that should be a massive boost to our relationship, especially if that thick bastard didn't think of it, and he should seriously take note next time I give advice. Too busy minding your own business? This is War you whore, I'll hang your mistress if it gets you to focus
****ing companions giving you **** at every turn for battles going awry. No compliments for 100 victories, Lezalit, only grief for doubling back for reinforcements? Piss off.
"Surrender or die!" - Nobody surrenders, and nobody dies. This should change.
Better prizes in tournaments
Faster relation increases with allied lords for doing genuinely helpful things
Faster or slower relationship gains depending on renown and honor and the Lord's personality
Involvement of religion?
More opportunities to invest. I have ****loads of money laying around but my fief is poor as ****. Can I at least hire some street cleaners? I want bail outs, dammit.
Arena fights that actually don't result in teaming. Bastards.
Give prisoner lords to other allied lords for safekeeping before I have a prison to keep them in
Large, multi-lord battles need to be reworked. One commander appointed. Marshall, highest tactical rating, just letting the player command, whatever, but please... No more splitting troops.
Attacking in formation
Proper merc companies, but much more expensive (like AD1257, but not as cheap)
rework kicking/shield bashing/shoving/tackling to be more effective
Trampling to death should be more common
Horses (particularly low level cavalry) should not banzai charge pikes
Horses should not run into trees. They are not my dog.
Disease
Ethics of war (rape, murder, pillage, torture - how it effect you, your faction, your allies, your relationships, etc)

Back
Top Bottom