SP - General Gear value calculation overhaul

Users who are viewing this thread

As it´s working today prices on junk needs to be high to make the possible for the player to go the -probably most common and intended - smach looter path early game.

With these changes I think we would have a more fun and realistic pricing model on gear without affecting the gameplay too much.

Pricing model overall
First I would like to adjust the general gear-pricing as follow:
  • Lower the base price on plain gear with 20%
  • Increase the price penalty for negative modifiers by 25-75%(Depending on the quality malus)
  • Increase the quality price increase for positive modifiers in a simelar way(High tier stuff with a positive modifier should cost about the same as now)
Loot
Items of tier 1-2 should have a 30% increased chanse to spawn without negative modifiers and another 30% to spawn with a positive modifier.
Items of tier 3-4 should have a 20% increased chanse to spawn without negative modifiers and another 20% to spawn with a positive modifier.
Items of tier 5-6 should have a 10% increased chanse to spawn without negative modifiers.

The overall value of the loot should most often be the same as today! If the numbers above breaks that, they needs to balance towards today lootvalue.

T1 junk becomes a inventory-filler. Instead of giving 10-30 gold each, it gived 1-10 gold. This is balanced up by there beeing about 5% items without negative modifiers(compared to today ~1%). These Items has a chanse to improve player gear or make the fight monetary worthwhile. I repeat again, generated loot from a pack of 20 looters should in median be the same total value as today in 10 tries! Same is true if loot is generated from a lords party.

What do you think? Would this make the less tedious, more interactive and fun? Would it be a good idea overall or what do you think?

Hey, thanks for the suggestion!

We are looking into overhauling how the item modifiers are applied to the items, which should resolve the issue. I'll also check the pricing and bring up the suggestions you have about the overall pricing.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion!

We are looking into overhauling how the item modifiers are applied to the items, which should resolve the issue. I'll also check the pricing and bring up the suggestions you have about the overall pricing.
Thank you for the reply!

Great news! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom