GDC 2012 March 5th - 9th

Users who are viewing this thread

N0ught

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Well it looks like my game design career is taking an amazing turn. :grin:

Some of you may know about the Game Developers Conference in San Fransisco on the 5th - 9th of March. Thanks to the wonderful people at Taleworlds, I will be attending. I look forward greatly to meeting the representatives of the company i have known and loved for so many years. I am hoping this will open doors for me in the gaming industry, so I might one day work in this amazing field.

More info here: http://www.gdconf.com/

So hey, if any of you wind up there we might just bump into each other. Look for the man in black! :lol:

N0ught said:
Well it looks like my game design career is taking an amazing turn. :grin:

Some of you may know about the Game Developers Conference in San Fransisco on the 5th - 9th of March. Thanks to the wonderful people at Taleworlds, I will be attending. I look forward greatly to meeting the representatives of the company i have known and loved for so many years. I am hoping this will open doors for me in the gaming industry, so I might one day work in this amazing field.

More info here: http://www.gdconf.com/

So hey, if any of you wind up there we might just bump into each other. Look for the man in black! :lol:
would you happen to be a Johnny Cash impersonator? :wink:

GDC2012 was a blast! Meeting Cem and Ali of Taleworlds was awesome, they're great guys, and I hope to have the opportunity to work with them in the future!

I attended the following conferences:

The Gamification of Death: How the Hardest Game Design Challenge Ever Demonstrates the Limits of Gaming ‏ 3/07/12
The Metronome: How Everyone Has Rhythm ‏ 3/07/12
Designing Virtual Currency by Breaking (Almost) Every Rule in the Economics Textbook ‏ 3/07/12
Attention, Not Immersion: Making Your Games Better with Psychology and Playtesting, the Uncharted Way ‏ 3/08/12
Designing Games for Game Designers ‏ 3/08/12
Artificial Intelligence in Computer Games Roundtable ‏ 3/08/12
Dear Esther: Making an Indie Success Out of an Experimental Mod ‏   3/09/12
Creating Atmosphere in Games ‏   3/09/12
Art Director and Lead Artist Roundtable ‏ 3/09/12
The Odd Couple: Maya and Python ‏   3/09/12
Artificial Intelligence in Computer Games Roundtable ‏ 3/09/12

I particularly enjoyed the ones on AI, and I will definitely be applying some of the things I learned to my mods in the future.

SO many new experiences - first time flying, first time in San Francisco, first time on a monorail, first time in
a nightclub (Minecraft Industry Party), first time eating at an expensive restaurant (The Cheesecake Factory), first time at a game convention... I cannot begin to describe how wonderful this trip was for me, or how grateful I am that Armagan made this happen. Thank you sir. Thank you very much for this life-changing opportunity. :grin:

Sincerely,

Jesse
a.k.a. N0ught

Back
Top Bottom