SP Musket Era Gaunt's Mod Reloaded

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Members and Lurkers,

I was disappointed when Gaunt and Csatadi lost interest since they had several great ideas and the original game had more bugs than a rain forest. Therefore, I decided to overhaul Gaunt's mod.

Some of the changes in this version (2/26/12) include:
- Stingy ransom brokers now pay reasonables prices for higher level prisoners (25 per level). This is from Perun_1988's thread about prisoner prices.
(http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199129.msg4913093.html#msg4913093)
- Capped pistol round speed to 100 and increased round speed for muskets. Pistols should not fire faster bullets than muskets. - Captain Alatriste
- Added overhead cuts to rapiers and changed them to do to cutting damage instead of piercing (rapiers have a damage penalty if used with a shield). I wanted to make rapiers more powerful against cloth without making them effective against plate armor. Please watch Rob Roy's end for an idea of the rapier vs broadsword fight:  http://youtu.be/27M5KWI_q50
- Changed Karlsson's face to look more Swedish. A must, I think. - Csatádi
- Added stones to looters and made their parties larger, it should make looters more dangerous in numbers.
- Made Lisowczycy recruitable as a regional mercenary in Polish Lithuanian towns since Aleksander Lisowski was Lithuanian. They are available wherever you can get Lithuanian troops. See Cerlin's guide for details.
- Removed block animations from muskets since they are included in the melee version of the weapon. Made long pistols stick to the right side of the waist. Maybe someone can make us a pistol holster since the game lacks one.
- Changed map icons for castles and towns. Towns look like towns and castles look like castles.
- There are inventory chests in wagon forts.
- Companions come ready to fight. I gave everyone pistols, bows, gloves and hats.
- Made female peasants level up to camp followers, which have pistols. They are not useless anymore.
- Game starts with a better uniform, beer and 10,000.
- If you want to edit scenes, Dstemmer's Quick scene chooser (cheat mode only) has been implemented in the camp menu.
- Frell's Kazakh armor pack.
- Csatadi's uniforms.

From Gaunt's original mod
- Weapon breaking and unhorsing scripts. If a rider gets hit hard enough, to the ground he goes.
- Gun smoke lasts longer, so does hoof dust.
- Hussar lances are now extremely deadly but turn into a saber after the first blow (rather contrived but I hate it when hussars use lances in a melee).
- Tavern mercenaries are more expensive.
- Mercenary camp mercs do not get more expensive when there are less at the camp anymore. Also, you now get full refund from gear you remove from them.
- You start with some renown (50).
- Some items which could not be purchased can now be purchased. Stores sell regional items.
- Implement Bodyguards from Caba'drin. Not all scenes have been edited.
- Bob Ross' multiple caravans and caravans to castles. Only caravans to castles have been implemented.

Module files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jw6o6f9imj804c1

Module source files (for modders):
http://www.mediafire.com/?0b0y4qpy0oyzxew

Unzip the file to your modules folder and have fun.
As usual, coherent suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Paul Grrr

Combining the mod depends mostly on the other mods since my module system is included with this mod.
You are free to do as you please provided that you give credit.
If someone wishes to merge mods, I can give it a shot.

Awesome thanks....Are you working on adding anything?
Here's two ideas:
1. I would love a mod that added a chance for random rewards of special items, like TEATRC did.
2. I'd love it if fortified encampments were destructible.

Using a pistol to parry would definately be possible.  The question is how many blows could it absorb before you've damaged the gun.  If you enable pistols to parry can you set a limit before it is damaged?  Can you set the effectivness of a parrying weapon?

I cannot figure out how to make the inventory box appear correctly on the wagon forts. Additionally, I wanted to make a single wagon breakable. The problem with the box is that it does not always appear where the player starts. Therefore, I implemented a static box that always appears inside the wagon fort, which is not the best solution.
I have implemented dstemmer's scene chooser menu on cheat mode. Any help would be appreciated.  :grin:

paulgrrr said:
I cannot figure out how to make the inventory box appear correctly on the wagon forts. Additionally, I wanted to make a single wagon breakable. The problem with the box is that it does not always appear where the player starts. Therefore, I implemented a static box that always appears inside the wagon fort, which is not the best solution.
I have implemented dstemmer's scene chooser menu on cheat mode. Any help would be appreciated.  :grin:

Use the same code as for "destructible_doors", it should work fine except AI-mesh rebuilding.

Looks great, I'm downloading it now. However I think it's necessary that you edit the cost of weapons and armour from the marketplace. When I bought the game I thought it was rather silly that I could give 25 Polish Mercenary cavalrymen winged hussar armour for around 12, 000 gold (I think) yet for me, one suit of winged hussar armour would cost 10,000 gold. So yes, that's the only thing I think of at the moment that should be implemented

Rammstein,
We addressed the money problem by giving people more money to begin the game with. Additionally prisoner trading is profitable, a high level troop will pay well for its ransom. I would like to change costs for all items but I am afraid I cannot do it by myself.
Thanks,

Paul Grrr

Rammstein said:
Looks great, I'm downloading it now. However I think it's necessary that you edit the cost of weapons and armour from the marketplace. When I bought the game I thought it was rather silly that I could give 25 Polish Mercenary cavalrymen winged hussar armour for around 12, 000 gold (I think) yet for me, one suit of winged hussar armour would cost 10,000 gold. So yes, that's the only thing I think of at the moment that should be implemented

Hi, I installed this mod, and my companions stopped complaining and even trying to leave me. How can I restore their vanilla behavior, their likes/dislikes, etc.?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom